MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

Susanne

Ok
ssad.gif
Can't change it.

sharkbytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Yeah I like the shadows, they're quite lovely. Just the lips and the powders are so... weird. Dame Edna doesn't even wear those colors. They should have repromoted Queen's Sin! And Dame Edna is just such an odd subject. I like the obscurity but trying to sell products inspired by a Drag Queen is a little more than difficult in fairly conservative Connecticut Macy's! It seems more like a MAC Store exclusive collection.

And I wish they used the visual with the bunnyman. ;-; and and she really needs eyelashes in the visual...

I agree, like 1000%. The eye trios are pretty but not something I feel like I have to have. And, I know it's a matter of personal taste, but the lip colors seem so garish to me. It's a shame, because I was so excited for a Dame Edna collection.

But if anyone could convince me that those eye trios are must haves, it's Bunny...you look fantastic, as always.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
th_thstars.gif
for Susanne!!

I went to the counter today and bought kanga rouge, coral polyp, and hot frost. I was super underwhelmed with the palettes and the powders. I am mad at myself for even buying those three lip products as I really should have just saved the money for BBR.

tong.gif
greengrin.gif
I was bad as well....I bought Coral Polyp & Gladiola!
sneaky.gif

A few MAC artists suggested that I just sheer them out with a light finger application or use lip balm first & then apply them lightly. They promised the colors would still be gorgeous on.

traxter

the eyeshadows are gorgeous..but now hello kitty seems a little blah.

dame edna is pretty conservative for drag queens. i wish mac would pick a younger cuter transgender spokesmodel. rupaul is too old too. lol.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Why is everyone hatin' on the powders? I like them especially Spectacle which is what I got yesterday.

What does it look like on you...do you get much color?

dreamer246

For all you Singapore-based ladies out there, I asked an MA when this collection will be lauched, and she told me it's today or latest by tomorrow the 2nd of Jan. I will be lurking around a counter waiting for the collection to come.
yahoo.gif

Shadowy Lady

ok, so I know I had said I wouldn't buy anything from this collection, but I tested, loved and then bought Gladiola lipstick :p I love pink lipsticks, especially the ones with blue tones. This one reminds me a bit of Up the Amp but brighter and pinker. I loved it!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
ok, so I know I had said I wouldn't buy anything from this collection, but I tested, loved and then bought Gladiola lipstick :p I love pink lipsticks, especially the ones with blue tones. This one reminds me a bit of Up the Amp but brighter and pinker. I loved it!

I'm so glad to hear that...not seeing it in person. Its such a unique color. But, I'll have to wear it very lightly.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I'm so glad to hear that...not seeing it in person. Its such a unique color. But, I'll have to wear it very lightly.

You should get it Elegant-One
smiles.gif
I like it patted on and straight from the tube. I think it's sorta between Girl About Town and Up the Amp. I wish I could post swatch on my lips to show you but unfortunately I'm in Washington D.C. visiting the in-laws for the holidays and they have a very slow computer with no place to connect my camera
ssad.gif
and because I was stupid I forgot to bring my labtop with me...

Sanayhs

I'm skipping this so I can get more BBR stuff. I was only really interested in Splendid, which I decided is too frosty, and Coral Polyp, which I decided is close enough to Overrich from C-Shock for me. Gladiola I figure I'll get close enough to by mixing GAT and Blast O' Blue.

Another collection conquered by Team No.
greengrin.gif

Lialani

Only 2 hours left to the New Year here!
I received Gladiola today. It looks only one tone darker than Pink Nouveau. They both are pretty much the same shade when swatched except for the texture. Pink Nouveau is a satin (bright pink). PN seems a bit more lavender on my hand in a dimmed light but actually is pinkier and brighter on lips and appears lighter in the tube since it has more white pigment. I have so many similar lippies already
shockt.gif
So if you decide to skip Gladiola, you're not loosing much
graucho.gif
I couldn't pick so I'm wearing both of them at once
greengrin.gif

Coral Polyp is a nice bright red lippie with some pink in it. Nothing orange on me. Very pretty and wearable but not so unique. Many palettes have this shade. Adding some coral pink gloss on top of a moderately red lippie or adding some red gloss on top of a pink lippie might create this shade.
For a reference, I'm pale with slight yellow undertones (the second lightest shade in Japanese powders).

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
For all you Singapore-based ladies out there, I asked an MA when this collection will be lauched, and she told me it's today or latest by tomorrow the 2nd of Jan. I will be lurking around a counter waiting for the collection to come.
yahoo.gif

I can finally see for myself if I need a l/g from this collection. I will visit MAC this Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I'm skipping this so I can get more BBR stuff. I was only really interested in Splendid, which I decided is too frosty, and Coral Polyp, which I decided is close enough to Overrich from C-Shock for me. Gladiola I figure I'll get close enough to by mixing GAT and Blast O' Blue.

Another collection conquered by Team No.
greengrin.gif

Very likely for me too. If Splendid is frosty, I will pass. Just a l/g or nothing, I hope, so that I can save.
winks.gif

MrsMay

Susanne, this collection isnt being released in Australia until January 14th....

See, you're not the last!

It's being released with Chill here. So yeah, we have to wait that long for Chill too...
ssad.gif

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Waiting is hard
001_unsure.gif

I hate waiting.

I'm with you Susanne
th_kiss.gif

Still waiting..and Greece usually gets the collections even later than Germany
th_wallbash.gif

lukinamama

true.gif
^^^ and you are never sure that there will be all the products from the collections esp the most popular
cry.gif

Marjolaine

iagree.gif
We get collections around same time with Greece, so we wait and wait probably the longest.. Sometimes a collection arrives here so late that we lose the entire enthusiasm for it and end up not getting anything and eventually save money
greengrin.gif

Latest posts