MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

M.A.C. head.

To everyone experiencing shipping problems:

THANK YOU! I THOUGHT THEY HATED ME AND THAT I WAS ALONE! LOL

I placed an order on Friday, and I still haven't received an email saying that it has shipped. That's EXTREMELY unusual, I usually would have received my stuff TODAY at the very latest. I'm thinking that MAC is just overloaded because of the holiday. If it's not here by Friday, I'll be calling. But MAC customer service is amazing, from what I've experienced, so if anything goes terribly wrong, I have faith that they'll give their best to fix it.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
drools.gif
I really dig Coral Polyp! It will be my color for the up & coming summer months!

Hey, I just saw in the new SHAPE mag. the new OPI summer nail polish colors called South Beach & they are really pretty bright corals, pinks & reds & a darker lavender.
So yeah, the Coral Polyp will be great.

BTW - MAC does a lot of makeup for this mag. as well as product placements.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Can I get a bit of bimbo magic?

My counter won't get Dame Edna and Chill before next Tuesday
weeping.gif
It will be released here next Friday, but I am very faithful to my MA and my counter and won't buy it anywhere else.

weeping.gif
It is always the same. I am the latest again.

th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif

Aww I hope your counter can get it on Tuesday. If not, you can come here to get your Dame Edna and Chill fix and Friday will come real soon!

I went to 2 MAC counters and a MAC store yesterday and they all had Dame Edna posters and stands up already!
choochoo.gif
I guess Dame Edna will launch this weekend, or latest next week.
smiles.gif
Here's hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised when I visit MAC this weekend.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif

Aww I hope your counter can get it on Tuesday. If not, you can come here to get your Dame Edna and Chill fix and Friday will come real soon!

I went to 2 MAC counters and a MAC store yesterday and they all had Dame Edna posters and stands up already!
choochoo.gif
I guess Dame Edna will launch this weekend, or latest next week.
smiles.gif
Here's hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised when I visit MAC this weekend.

The posters are up already?! Oh my, I HAVE to take a look at them later.
yes.gif

dreamer246

Woo hoo I can't wait! After seeing so many awesome swatches, the first item I'll be heading for will be Coral Polyp.
th_DANCE.gif

coachkitten

th_thstars.gif
for Susanne!!

I went to the counter today and bought kanga rouge, coral polyp, and hot frost. I was super underwhelmed with the palettes and the powders. I am mad at myself for even buying those three lip products as I really should have just saved the money for BBR.

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
I called my FS MAC and they said yes to the discount. I really hope they don't do it to th e HK collection. That would really suck.

I wish all places would say yes to the pro discount cuz they don't allow it with this collection here in Cali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
I called MAC Pro and the Yorkdale store and they both said no to the discount. If anyone in the Toronto area knows of a store allowing the Pro discount, please let me know!!!

No is the answer here also!
ssad.gif

thelove4tequila

Just got back from the store and I picked up all lippies and Spectacle highlight powder. All the lippies look beautiful and I cannot wait to wear them out.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Okay. At first I was sorta looking forward to this collection. Then I was really disliking it.

Okay, I've made up my mind. I like the eyeshadow trios. The rest is very very ehhhh blahhh, but the eyeshadows are lovely!

Today I wore Royal Tour trio.
dame.jpg

I wore Bare Study as base, with Royal Tour on inner lid, Dame's Desire in middle to outer lid, with Climate Blue and Mont Black in the crease. It turned out so well, and I'm definitely not a man that loves purples. Of course, Feline on the waterline, some Rapidblack on the top lashes, and some Chanel mascara finished the look. :p I also have Myth with Hot Frost on the lips, but it didn't really capture on camera. It was very pale anyway so no biggie! Below is with Myth and C-Thru.
Dame2.jpg

And by the way sorry for my absence! I lost my camera and I've been having a busy busy life lately! I'm back thoughhhh. :3

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
whatchu don't like about it bunny? its not the best collection in the world, but i like the shadows. i don't care for the lipsticks at all.

Yeah I like the shadows, they're quite lovely. Just the lips and the powders are so... weird. Dame Edna doesn't even wear those colors. They should have repromoted Queen's Sin! And Dame Edna is just such an odd subject. I like the obscurity but trying to sell products inspired by a Drag Queen is a little more than difficult in fairly conservative Connecticut Macy's! It seems more like a MAC Store exclusive collection.

And I wish they used the visual with the bunnyman. ;-; and and she really needs eyelashes in the visual...

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Yeah I like the shadows, they're quite lovely. Just the lips and the powders are so... weird. Dame Edna doesn't even wear those colors. They should have repromoted Queen's Sin! And Dame Edna is just such an odd subject. I like the obscurity but trying to sell products inspired by a Drag Queen is a little more than difficult in fairly conservative Connecticut Macy's! It seems more like a MAC Store exclusive collection.

And I wish they used the visual with the bunnyman. ;-; and and she really needs eyelashes in the visual...

true. i got the wisteria trio for gratis and love it. i've already got climate blue, and since i don't wear pinks i'm happy i didn't get royal tour. i plan on chucking the powder and saving the compact for my blot powder maybe.
th_dunno.gif
i might just keep the stickers and give the lippies to my sis for b2m.

this isn't selling very well here either. indiana's pretty conservative too.

i do agree about mr bunny man. and lashes always make things better. i've been rockin' out #2s everyday. everyone compliments me on them, yet no one has bought any.
th_confused_new.gif

darkishstar

Bunny I love your hair!!!!!
And you seriously make ANYTHING look good.
smiles.gif

But yeah, I agree, I would not use the eyeshadows together with the lippies, so I opted to get two lippies.
I WISH they had repromoted Queen's Sin. I would have bought my 2nd one right then and there!

Latest posts