MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

elegant-one

That's awful that you guys have to wait so long! I would hate that. I can't even stand waiting an extra day for my shipment to arrive
winks.gif

Why doesn't MAC just release the collections at the same time everywhere?

dreamer246

Ok, so Kanga-Rouge is kinda similar to Red She Said, while Gladiola has been compared to Pink Nouveau, Up The Amp, and Girl About Town. I'll see if both lippies are worth getting when I check out the products tomorrow. Coral Polyp is coming home with me for sure (unless someone can tell me if it's similar to any other perm. lippie).
greengrin.gif

MACina

I can not wait.....only 1 day left!

I have long list...I want Royal Tour,Wisteria,What a Dame,
Spectacle,Gladiola,Kanga Rouge,Hot Frost and Possum Nose Pink!

ZoZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
^Aw thanks!

I did order it online this morning
smiles.gif
I'm sure that I'll like it

You gonna like it, it's a bright colore but unique
yes.gif
I love it as well as coral polyp.

When you get it, tell me what do you think of it???

beautymarkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Ok, so Kanga-Rouge is kinda similar to Red She Said, while Gladiola has been compared to Pink Nouveau, Up The Amp, and Girl About Town. I'll see if both lippies are worth getting when I check out the products tomorrow. Coral Polyp is coming home with me for sure (unless someone can tell me if it's similar to any other perm. lippie).
greengrin.gif

I'd have to agree with you. Kanga-Rouge is close to Red She Said. That's why I bought it instead of stocking up on RSS, besides the packaging is sooo cute! I don't really dig that many of the matte lipsticks, and it's really hard to pull me away from Girl About Town. Gladiola is pretty though, and I'm debating on getting it. Coral Polyp is damn amazing! I bought another Redd liner to compliment it and give it some UMPH! I also got the Possum Nosed Pink Gloss and the Spectacle highlighting powder. I was going to get the eyeshadows and I had to slap myself on the wrist! NO MORE EYESHADOWS LAUREN!...well at least untill BBR and HK!

yahoo.gif
mac_addict.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautymarkd
I'd have to agree with you. Kanga-Rouge is close to Red She Said. That's why I bought it instead of stocking up on RSS, besides the packaging is sooo cute! I don't really dig that many of the matte lipsticks, and it's really hard to pull me away from Girl About Town. Gladiola is pretty though, and I'm debating on getting it. Coral Polyp is damn amazing! I bought another Redd liner to compliment it and give it some UMPH! I also got the Possum Nosed Pink Gloss and the Spectacle highlighting powder. I was going to get the eyeshadows and I had to slap myself on the wrist! NO MORE EYESHADOWS LAUREN!...well at least untill BBR and HK!

yahoo.gif
mac_addict.gif

We both have the same taste. I agree that the packaging is hella cute and I'm quite apprehensive about matte lipsticks because they tend to dry out my already dry lips (yes, even with chapstick on
ssad.gif
). I haven't gotten Girl About Town yet, but I have Pink Nouveau and someone mentioned a few posts earlier that it's similar to Gladiola. Possum Nose Pink is also probably gonna be mine.
greengrin.gif

Redd l/l with Coral Polyp? That sounds like an interesting combo. Post some pics of it!
yes.gif

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjolaine
iagree.gif
We get collections around same time with Greece, so we wait and wait probably the longest.. Sometimes a collection arrives here so late that we lose the entire enthusiasm for it and end up not getting anything and eventually save money
greengrin.gif

I know!! The only good thing about the delay is that we're able to read the reviews beforehand and be more selective
yes.gif

abbyquack

Who thought of the craptastic sticker idea? Could they have made the packaging look any more unprofessional? When I look at the display and see all the stickers peeling off the stickers, that screams drugstore, not MAC.
thmbdn.gif

On a lighter note, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gladiola! Beautiful color and matte to suit! Can't get any better than that. It is my second day of actually wearing it out of the house- AKA very wearable!
thmbup.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Who thought of the craptastic sticker idea? Could they have made the packaging look any more unprofessional? When I look at the display and see all the stickers peeling off the stickers, that screams drugstore, not MAC.
thmbdn.gif

On a lighter note, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gladiola! Beautiful color and matte to suit! Can't get any better than that. It is my second day of actually wearing it out of the house- AKA very wearable!
thmbup.gif

really
thmbdn.gif
on the whole stickers thingy.

clap.gif
sweet.png
on the Gladiola lippie - I cannot wait to get it! I heard it was sold out at a lot of places. Whoot!

clslvr6spd

The sticker on my l/s tubes are still sticking on (knock on wood!).
I haven't received any of my pro order for a few other Dame items, hopefully they're not peeling!!! I haven't even gotten my chill haul for that matter!!
angry.gif

LP_x

Great news on the Gladiola being wearable! One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be bolder with my lip colours, and Gladiola is my first step. Eek.

AngelBunny

Quote:
thmbdn.gif

thmbup.gif

I have to agree ... the stickers on my Possum Nose Pink are already coming off and I haven't even worn the damn thing yet ... much less stuffed it in my purse where it could get jostled around and damaged
angry.gif

But yeah ... Gladiola is a great colour. I love bright lippies, but I always feel a bit self concious about wearing them because I think they may attract too much attention to the lips. This one is great, but also very wearable. I have so many lippies that I rarely wear anything more than once a month, if that much ... but I find myself wanting to wear this one everyday! Love love love Gladiola!

Rudyru

I'm so pissed at myself! I know that pinks do not work on my (super dooper mega trooper) pigmented lips. They always look like I mixed black with it, but I couldn't help but buy Gladiola...-sigh-

I do that all the time with lippies. Melrose Mood, Hollywood Nights, Girl About Town...all going to waste. lol I need to control myself more.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
Susanne, this collection isnt being released in Australia until January 14th....

See, you're not the last!

It's being released with Chill here. So yeah, we have to wait that long for Chill too...
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-lilly
I'm with you Susanne
Still waiting..and Greece usually gets the collections even later than Germany

th_hug.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
That's awful that you guys have to wait so long! I would hate that. I can't even stand waiting an extra day for my shipment to arrive
winks.gif

Why doesn't MAC just release the collections at the same time everywhere?

th_kiss.gif

Face2Mac

At this rate, I will be waiting like Europe because I ordered two glossed last Tuesday, and I have yet to receive them, how rude of mac.

Meryl

Quote:
thmbdn.gif

The stickers on the Trios are very secure. I think the packaging looks great on those.

Anyone else?

NatalieMT

I just ordered Coral Polyp. I decided I couldn't not have a single item from this collection (probably because of the packaging, I'll have to treat it with extra care though by the sounds of things!) and I don't really have anything in quite that shade so I'm happy. Excited for it to arrive!

gigglegirl

since my bbr
oh.gif
list has shortened, I'm tempted to get Possum Nose Pink or Splendid! ..........excited!!!! I'll be making a trip to a counter tomorrow when stores reopen, so we'll see if they still have some!