MAC Couture November 2006 [color story]

onnachan

It's launching November 30 for North America and sometime in December for International.
As far as I know, it's not going to partnered locations (counters), only to stores.
and here's what's involved........
Everything is packaged in this HEAVY (feels so expensive) beautiful gunmetal studding... it's almost gem-like.. as far as i could see the lipglasses and lipsticks are packaged in square tubes/vials! (very chanel!)
The lipstick and lipglass formulas are new! The Couture lipstick is amazing - a lustre finish but much more colour payoff!!
Richmetal highlighter is an intense metallic, cream to powder, buildable highlighter safe for the face, eyes and body, but not lips.. it is super lightweight and blendable and not at all sticky or tacky like CCBs.
It's more $ because the product and packaging is cream of the cream.

It'll be displayed in a sealed glass box!! From the House Of MAC....

MAC Couture Lipstick $22 US/$26 CAN
Red No.5 - Rich raspberry red with soft red pearlized pigments
House of Style - Rose Pink with pearlized pigments
Couture - Plummed mauve with pink pealized pigments
Influential - Darkened peach with gold pearl pigments

MAC Couture Lipglass $20 US/$24 CAN
Prestigious - Sheer darkened plum with gold pearl pigments
Magnificent - Sheer bright pink with white pearl pigments
Collection '06 Sheer soft pinked peach with gold pearl pigments
Savoir Faire - Sheer light caramelle with gold pearl pigments

Richmetal Highlighter $22 US/$26 CAN
La Mode - Neutral Gold
Gilt Edge - Green cast gold
Rare and Refined - Rosed gold
Arc Silver - Pure platinum

Sheer Mystery Powder $45 US/$54 CAN
Light
Medium
Dark
Deep Dark

182 Brush - The handle is in the same metal stud that all the other stuff is packaged in $55 US/$66 CAN

MAC Couture Black Box $80 US/$90 CAN

Janice

Darn, this one if going to be difficult for me as I don't have a MAC store in my town. Tried calling the closest one already, but they aren't accepting pre-orders for this collection. I'll try calling back and speaking with the store manager, hopefully I'll have better luck. I want everything except for the mystery powders (might change once we see the packaging for this collection).

MAChostage

Thanks for this info. Please clarify for me, "partnered locations" versus "stores". I'm assuming that counters are partnered locations? Stores refers to freestanding and Pro?

AudreyNicole

What are the richmetal highlighters? I will probably be passing on this collection as it is more expensive than others, and from the sounds of it, we will just be paying extra for the packaging...
ssad.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
What are the richmetal highlighters?

I noticed one of them is named La Mode, which was also a name for a LS from D Bohemia. Sidenote- I
heart.gif
La Mode LS.

d_flawless

holy f*.

no, seriously. this is gonna kill me. if there's one thing that i can't pass up, it's high fashion! i can't even pretend to not be interested, because i can actually afford this couture!

mrstucker

Mystery Powder?

What is this? And why is it so freakin' expensive? I'm guessing there'll no PRO discount for these items,which means I might have to pass. With all the Holiday stuff coming out, the new brushes, NocturnElle, spray foundations/blushes, and brow kits, how the hell are we going to afford this? 2nd mortgage?

I'm gonna have to live vicariously through some richer Specktrettes for this one....hopefully y'all will post TONS of FOTDs and swatches!

sexypuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Tried calling the closest one already, but they aren't accepting pre-orders for this collection. I'll try calling back and speaking with the store manager, hopefully I'll have better luck. I want everything except for the mystery powders (might change once we see the packaging for this collection).

It's weird that they aren't accepting any pre-order. yesterday when i went to my mac, they order the holliday sets they told me i couls order the couture as well but i wasn't sure what i wanted. the brushes are supposed to have rhinestones on the handle ( swarovski crystal i believe. i will double check today) so i understand that they can be expensive.

JediFarfy

Oh man! There is no MAC store within 2 hours of me, and working in retail means I get NO time off during the holidays. I hope it's online because a couple of the lipsticks and lipglasses sound nice.

roxybc

Does anyone know if these will be available at The Bay counters in Canada and Nordies counters in the US??? What about online? I was just about to order the 182 brush today, but I will wait and pay the extra $11CDN if I can get the coture brush!!!

Thanks so much for the info!!!!

PrettyinPink

Holy cow, I don't know how in the world I will be able to afford Christmas presents this year. I want like 90% of the products and I gotta have that box. I love the sound of this collection! Thanks for the info!

DaizyDeath

the only thing im really intrested in from this collection is the crystal brushes

and maybe the highlighting powder but it all depends on how much money i have left to spend after the other collections haha

Wow, I really need most of it! Ha ha, NEED. Yea right! I cannot wait to see EVERYTHING. I hope they hired extra MA's because Mac is going to be BUSY this season with me being FIRST IN LINE.....for most of this!

Thanks for all the info
greengrin.gif

Latest posts