MAC Couture November 2006 [color story]

krys

Wow, everything sounds so nice! I'm going to have to be very choosy, since I want items from the MAC Holiday collection as well.

bebs

I love the ideas of the lipsticks and lipglass however for those with ocd like me this will be a bad collection to pick up... so I dont think I'll be getting anything because I'll always freak and want everything.. and probably end up not using even half.

Hawkeye

not sure my feelings about this. Thanks for posting it up! Honestly I'm not too thrilled.

badpenny

Call me crazy, but I sooooooooo will not pay these prices for makeup. I don't care how it's packaged or who made it!

xxmissjennyxx

^^ totally agree^^

im not going to pay those prices just for the packaging, but if the actual product itself is revolutionary, then i just might
winks.gif

Sheer Mystery Powder

I've got one of these: it's expensive because you're paying for the packaging! It is a powder compact, absolutely gorgeous, studded with jet swarovski crystals. It's very 80s disco. It's square and very weighty and heavy with the body made of jet coloured metal.

The powder itself is I think blot powder, or a sheer matte press powder if not.

Can't see any brush sets, only the one SE buff brush mentioned previously in this thread, with jet crystals studded on the handle.

roxybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilookflawless
I've got one of these: it's expensive because you're paying for the packaging! It is a powder compact, absolutely gorgeous, studded with jet swarovski crystals. It's very 80s disco. It's square and very weighty and heavy with the body made of jet coloured metal.

The powder itself is I think blot powder, or a sheer matte press powder if not.

Can't see any brush sets, only the one SE buff brush mentioned previously in this thread, with jet crystals studded on the handle.

Thanks so much, do you know if this collection will be available online? I notive your in London. Will the collection be available in London as well, and if so where?

Thanks!
wavey.gif

princess

Highly unlikely I'm getting anything from this collection. It's friggin' expensive and I do have a budget to stick to. Plus I'm not a packaging person so...
cutey.gif

Love to see swatches and everyone who will be buying from this being extremely happy!

.VivaDiva.

I heard that there will be another brush with this set aswell as the 182. Can anybody confirm this? and if this info is correct what will the other brush be? Thanks

~VD

Couture will definitely be available in London, but i've mislaid the original info i had on it so can't remember whether it's at all or selected locations.

The only info I had on a brush was the buffer one.

As collections go, it is just a novelty packaging one. the colours aren't particularly wow for MAC. great for gifts though.

lola336

hmm..kinda on the expensive side for the basically the same product. im hoping nothing stands out too much and i wont want it...lmao. but 22 bucks for shiny packaged mac...i dont know about that...
ssad.gif

aznmacboi

Sheer Mystery Powder & Black Box from MACouture

Sheer Mystery Powder is an ultra-light, ultra-sheer pressed powder that provides a velvety, natural-matte finish to the skin. It provides minimal coverage, minimizes shine without adding too much texture.

Contains micronized Talc that is coated in special Silicone polymer that help creates incredibly soft, silky, creamy effect to the skin, spherical powders refract light, helping to minimize the appearance of skin's imperfections and is perfect for touch-ups.

Comes in a beautiful gunmetal grey compact (that's in a square shape, not circular, making it much more couture and exclusive) with shiny black stones EMBEDDED on the top of the top, beautiful shiny silver MAC written at the opening of the compact, and a leatherette-back puff.

Blot powder users will LOVE this, I know I will definitely be getting a couple of these.

Light: silky ivory
Medium: soft cool beige
Dark: Softer caramel
Deep Dark: cocoa luxe

Retails for $45.00 USD/54.00 CAN

MACouture Black Box: sophisticated, streamlined clutch with black polished metal, embellished, top and bottom, with gem-like jet, and offset on sides by a contrasting shade of gunmetal.

I didn't see one at Update but the one in the picture is HOT. Retails for $80.00 USD/90.00 CAN

Hope that helps all of you that was wondering, I wanted to post this to have a big reply from the Color Stories section instead of replying individually!
smiles.gif

toby1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmacboi
MACouture Black Box: sophisticated, streamlined clutch with black polished metal, embellished, top and bottom, with gem-like jet, and offset on sides by a contrasting shade of gunmetal.

I didn't see one at Update but the one in the picture is HOT. Retails for $80.00 USD/90.00 CAN

I'm not understanding this description is the Couture Black Box a clutch(Like the DC'D Brush Clutch) or is it a traincase?

Ms. Z

Thank you; that compact sounds beautiful.

So the box is not a train case, by clutch do you mean like an evening bag?

girlstar

I just asked the MA at my MAC counter, she says she has seen the "black box" and it's a clutch that you can use as an evening clutch, or to store all your makeup in. She said it's stunning!