MAC Couture November 2006 [color story]

heyheymac1

Out early!!!

Hey, just to let you guys know, this came out in stores early! I went out to MAC yesterday morning and the Coutrure line was out as well as the jewelescent line. Just thought I'd let ya'll know!! Have a good Thanksgiving!!!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiestLiz
House of Style looks kind of cool/pepto bismal pink, I'm surprised. Hmm, maybe another one I don't want.

Down to the powder, Influential, and maybe Red No 5. Gah. I went from wanting everything to wondering if I need to avoid it all, LOL.

I ordered Red No. 5 and House of Style, as sort of a christmas present from me to me.
Red No. 5 looks great, but I'm not sure about House of Style. I think I can make it work, though.

BlahWah

Hey antirazor (or anyone), does Influential l/s look at all like Dainty Cake l/s? Or maybe a peach version of it? Thanks!

antirazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Hey antirazor (or anyone), does Influential l/s look at all like Dainty Cake l/s? Or maybe a peach version of it? Thanks!

I never saw dainty cake l/s! but from ashley_v85's fotd I'd say it looks like a little peachier version of it... I don't think you'll be disappointed if you get it. I think it's beautiful. I'm wearing it right now! I'll have a fotd posted later tonight.

boysareliers

How does one goes about choosing the Sheer Mystery Powder ?

If i am NC20-25, is there a difference if i take Light/Medium?

Makeuplovingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysareliers
How does one goes about choosing the Sheer Mystery Powder ?

If i am NC20-25, is there a difference if i take Light/Medium?

I did a live chat at Mac.com about the same question and I am NC20. They said light would make me look more glowy, while medium would be more of a bronzer for my skin tone.

HTH!

Makeuplovingal

Is the Red. No. 5 lippie more cool, warm, or neutral toned. Would it work for an NC20 or my coloring?? That's me in my avatar on the left.

Thanks so much!

antirazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeuplovingal
Is the Red. No. 5 lippie more cool, warm, or neutral toned. Would it work for an NC20 or my coloring?? That's me in my avatar on the left.

Thanks so much!

It is definitely a cool red, bordering on pinky. but I'm not sure how it would look on NC20. It really depends on whether or not you like it. I'm usually into warmer reds, honestly. but I like it a lot. I would recommend trying it on, if at all possible.

mzcelaneous

Click for larger image

When I got the e-mail to pre-order the items a few weeks ago, I bought one lipstick and one highlighter thinking I won't really like this collection and should save my money for the next upcoming collection.

Well, my good friend, a fellow make-up artist, swings by last night with her new MAC Couture purchases (she bought the whole line) and I was sold! The lipsticks, the highlighters, the mystery powder -- a DREAM COME TRUE!!! So, yea. I caved.

Don't knock it 'till you try it
winks.gif

I had them gift wrapped as a present to myself
smiles.gif
Merry Christmas tooo meee!

PigmentJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangeli
I wondfer if we can use B2M for the Couture lipsticks...

I doubt it since they cost more than the regular lipsticks.

saniyairshad

does anyone have swatches of the lipglasses on their lips or hands? r they super sheer? or pigmented? i read that Prestigious is like Rose Piggie in a lipglass form...that sounds GORGEOUS....

haseena

Ok so i caved in and broke my no buy and got myself MAC NO.5 Lipstick

maccouture001.jpg

maccouture004.jpg

maccouture003.jpg

This is beauuuuuuuuuutiful!

mzcelaneous

I got my package today!

Gilt Edge, Arc Silver, & Rare and Refine richmetal highlighters has got to be my favorite. I'm kicking myself for not purchasing the other one and now it's all sold out
ssad.gif

A lot of people are expressing their dislike for the sheer color payoff, but I like it. Just because it's expensive doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be more pigmented :shrug:

More photos are in the haulage section.

user79

I'm so mad!! Our counter in Bern is not getting the Couture collection at all, only Zurich. Fuck. That's just too far for me to go buy some stuff, which is really disappointing as this collection looks really nice.

ssad.gif

mjacqueline

I bought Arc Silver and La Mode Richmetal Highlighter and must say I love to texture and its sheerness. Its so nice as a wash of colour. I have the Mystery Powder in Medium too but haven't used it yet. I'm still waiting to finish my blot powder.
smiles.gif

Deirdre

I got my package today! I bought Red No. 5, Prestigious and Influential. I have to say, Influential is so pretty I can't stop thinking about it. It is the best colour I've ever found for myself. I kind of wish I'd ordered Savoir Faire as well - so pretty.

mzcelaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I'm so mad!! Our counter in Bern is not getting the Couture collection at all, only Zurich. Fuck. That's just too far for me to go buy some stuff, which is really disappointing as this collection looks really nice.

ssad.gif

You don't want to order it online
type.gif
? MAC has a good return policy
smiles.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcelaneous
You don't want to order it online
type.gif
? MAC has a good return policy
smiles.gif

We can't order MAC online in Switzerland, and in most European places. Also the return policy here is shit. We can't return ANY MAC items here.
th_remoteImage-61.gif
th_remoteImage-61.gif
th_remoteImage-61.gif
th_remoteImage-61.gif

Latest posts