MAC Couture November 2006 [color story]

Lisa182

^^I preordered all of my stuff online yesterday. I received an email with a link and it said to log in to preorder.

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know how the Mystery Powder shades run? I ordered a Medium (NC/NW 20 here), because the light is usually way to light, but now I'm wondering if maybe I should have gotten the light instead.

Eilinoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokit
We have here the sheer mystery powder with refill, the highlighter (the one opened is 'rare and defined'), the glosses and the lipsticks (closed and opened).
All textures are great. The l/g is not as steacky as the lipglass, very sheer. The l/s has an intense pigment but also a sheer shine. The best texture!! The colours are stunning. My favorite is the dark one.
I still didn't decide what I think about the highlighters. The texture is very soft and creamy and dries to a powdery finish. It has a great shine, quite glittery but gentle. It did last for many hours, but creased a bit. It is a bit better then the NARS cream eyeshadow, but the idea is very much the same.

I guess your Richmetal Highlighter was a working look?
The official image on the MAC site shows a circular highlighter product within black square packaging, whereas yours shown in the attachment is a square within a square
hmm.gif

LuckiestLiz

I also would LOVE to know what color of the Mystery Powder I should get if anybody has suggestions or knows for sure what would be best. Torn between Light and Medium.

I am a NC20 more towards 25 than 15.
winks.gif
I use Medium in Blot (or someone told me Medium Dark would be fine). Anyhow ... can't guess wrong with this I have a feeling (trying to exchange it'd be out! LOL).

Also, the site shows Medium as being "cool beige" - is it pink toned at all? I am a neutral-yellow toned girl...

THANKS!

.VivaDiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher
can you use the pro discount on this collection i wonder?

No discount on the couture

lemurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiestLiz
Also, the site shows Medium as being "cool beige" - is it pink toned at all? I am a neutral-yellow toned girl...

I'd love to know, too. Both the Light and Medium look too cool toned to me. You'd think they'd make the powders more universal, rather than cool or warm...

Aerynna

Arg- I don't like how the lipglosses are described as "ultra-sheer." If I'm going to pay that much for a gloss, it had better be highly pigmented!
lol.gif

LuckiestLiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerynna
Arg- I don't like how the lipglosses are described as "ultra-sheer." If I'm going to pay that much for a gloss, it had better be highly pigmented!
lol.gif

I agree, I was surprised it says ultra-sheer! I am passing...but the lipsticks and the powder still have me curious!
winks.gif

Ksstavros

It seems like not many people are excited enough about this line.......I guess I won't preorder anything til I hear more feedback

TM26

I think I am probably going to pass on this collection. The products sound great, but it is just too pricey for me, and especially right before Xmas. I think that my money will go towards the Jewelescent collection and possibly the danse one as well.

LuckiestLiz

House of Style looks kind of cool/pepto bismal pink, I'm surprised. Hmm, maybe another one I don't want.

Down to the powder, Influential, and maybe Red No 5. Gah. I went from wanting everything to wondering if I need to avoid it all, LOL.

Ms. Z

I was thinking that I would be good w/just the Mystery powder, but someone posted pics on ebay, and I think I need the pink l/s (House of Style).
eyelove.gif

Jillipede

I was at the MAC freestanding store in Kansas City MO today and they already had the Couture collection out for sampling and purchase. They had just put it out today. I tried the Red #5 lipstick which went on very pink on me. It was pretty but not amazing. I also tried the Prestigious lipglass, and it was quite sheer and pink on me. I was excited to see the items but I purchased nothing. Nothing really wowed me.

EmbalmerBabe

The only thing I wish I could check out are the cream to powder highlighters.I don't have to worry about the temptation though because this won't even be going to my MAC at Macy's...I just found that out today,and I am sorta happy. Too much temptation...too little MAC cash!! I am saving for Danse.

Char1986

So even though the collection isnt launching until the 30th, some stores have it already? I'm wondering if I should carve out some time to go down to my store on Saturday, even though it's only the 25th. I'm kind of bummed it's not at counters, seeing as how the closest store is 45 min from me.

...To go or not to go? :confused:

Latest posts