MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

LARAELYSE

I did this Daphne-inspired face chart for the launch and wanted to share... :)

It was in the earlier stages before I'd added all the fine details but I used the Interior Life quad, Azalea Blossom, and Approaching Storm :)

This is so lovely! I just love looking at face charts!

ahoythere

Ok now I am lemming the Interior Life Quad since I am a rabid fan of cool taupes, and I just realized that Bruised Sky is probably the same color as my Stray Grey Paint Pot that I love so much! MUST GET.

I tried Seasoned Plum again today but I think that it is, sadly, not for me. It reads straight up P_U_R_P_L_E on my lips, and while that is an awesome color, it is just not day wear in my life. I think I will stick to Up the Amp which somehow reads much more "natural" on me.

Also wanted to shout out that I am loving the silver sheen of Nebula! It looks great as a simple smokey eye with Vex on the inner corner and Clue in the crease.

RayannaBanana

Ok now I am lemming the Interior Life Quad since I am a rabid fan of cool taupes, and I just realized that Bruised Sky is probably the same color as my Stray Grey Paint Pot that I love so much! MUST GET.

I tried Seasoned Plum again today but I think that it is, sadly, not for me. It reads straight up P_U_R_P_L_E on my lips, and while that is an awesome color, it is just not day wear in my life. I think I will stick to Up the Amp which somehow reads much more "natural" on me.

Also wanted to shout out that I am loving the silver sheen of Nebula! It looks great as a simple smokey eye with Vex on the inner corner and Clue in the crease.
I would love Stray Grey Paint Pot! I hope they repromote it, or at least have more cream grey and taupe paint pots.

Mac-Guy

I believe a new p/p called "Fog Effect" will be released soon. It should be right up you alley.
flower.gif

LMD84

i wore aurora for the first time yesterday and i must say i'm really impressed. it's so soft and very smooth to apply. it looks very flattering on me, as i think it would most skin tones. a staple nudie pigment in my collection :)

afulton

I agree Aurora complements all skin tones. This was a winner for me from this collection.
i wore aurora for the first time yesterday and i must say i'm really impressed. it's so soft and very smooth to apply. it looks very flattering on me, as i think it would most skin tones. a staple nudie pigment in my collection :)

cno64

torn...debating on getting approaching storm and borealis.

I like Approaching Storm, but I don't love it.
However, I'm NW15, andI don't do brownish tones well.
I'd say that if Burgundy lip pencil, as an all-over lip color, looks good on you, Approaching Storm probably will, too.
Maybe a comparison photo will help:
l-r: MAC Rougette Mattene, MAC Approaching Storm, Prescriptives Rouge Social

LARAELYSE

Im expecting Borealis 2morrow in the mail... looking forward to trying it over Restrict like MacGuy suggested! Im hoping it will resemble "Youve got it" cremesheen glass as that is truly my fave gloss ever!

ahoythere

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? That would be amazing if it was anything CLOSE to Stray Grey.......I need to replace that sucker soon, I have been using it for over a year (it was all nicely sealed up for the few years before that so hopefully I won't die of some eyeball-eating virus). Do you know approximately when this Second Coming will occur?

I believe a new p/p called "Fog Effect" will be released soon. It should be right up you alley.
flower.gif

Edelmc

I don't have velour but I would say bk is slightly darker and more purple grey where as velour looks a bit more neutral.....