MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

AmandDUR

Well, I don't mind enablers! I did end up ordering it last night, and I'll get it tomorrow. It's nice having the MAC warehouse in your hometown ;)

martiangurll

I went IRL to check out this collection and walked away with a Nebula pigment. I can't say enough how much I love it. They were sold out of Narcissus so I could not back that up, but I saw that I would need to BU the one I have on order (a CP) so I had to do an online order for that. I love this collection and got most of it. If I had it to do over again, I'd skip Aurora and get another Nebula or another Narcissus, but overall I loved the color. Anyone else think this would have been a perfect Fall collection? (maybe released it instead of Fall color and switched the two?)

cno64

I think Aurora and Nebula are both wonderful, the best neutral pigments MAC has released in quite a while!
Actually, this whole collection was the best and most exciting in a long time, IMO.

baghdad81

I went IRL to check out this collection and walked away with a Nebula pigment. I can't say enough how much I love it. They were sold out of Narcissus so I could not back that up, but I saw that I would need to BU the one I have on order (a CP) so I had to do an online order for that. I love this collection and got most of it. If I had it to do over again, I'd skip Aurora and get another Nebula or another Narcissus, but overall I loved the color. Anyone else think this would have been a perfect Fall collection? (maybe released it instead of Fall color and switched the two?)

Yes...it is so ..."Fall-y"...I immediately think of fall with Blush ombres and the cremesheens....

bis

Does anyone know how Borealis and Curveacous lipglass compare? I have C and it takes colour out of my lips without making me look dead, great nude colour. Unfortunately I lost my C and am thinking that Borealis might give me he same effect. Minus the stickiness of course.

ahoythere

well, not ALL skintones unfortunately.........
I'm finding it's not really taking to my neutral skin and hazel eyes very well, but I can see that if I lived in a country with sunlight that I might be able to rock it. Right now however it really emphasizes my total lack of melanin and makes my eyes look a bit tired.
oh.gif
I can make it work by mixing it with other pigments, but on it's own it is a no-go.

cno64

I've been wondering this for quite a while now, and this seems like as good a time as any to come right out and ask: Why is it so desirable to have a product "blank out" your natural lip color?
I always thought that having naturally rosy lips was a good thing.

AmandDUR

I wore nebula today over for effect paint pot, satin taupe very light blended into crease with some vanilla pig to highlight, fast and pretty. I'm really glad I got the pigments. These are the first ones I've bought since the size change (butt hurt about that), and I'm happy about them.

bis

I've been wondering this for quite a while now, and this seems like as good a time as any to come right out and ask: Why is it so desirable to have a product "blank out" your natural lip color? I always thought that having naturally rosy lips was a good thing.
They are still there and still very pigmented, but they are not so prominent any more. I cannot do nudes, they just do not work with my pigmented lips, but gloss like Curvaceous give them this juicy grayish tint and while they are still there and pigmented, they work well with smokey eyes. Hard to describe I guess, but I like my lips a lot when wearing Curvaceous. Boy Bait is similar. Both colors are sheer but still work.

VampOwl

I've been lemming Aurora even though I was never big on pigments. If they happen to have it in stock when I go to Mac on Saturday, then I may get it. The color just looks too gorgeous to pass up!

cno64

I can understand how a bold lip with a *brightly* made-up eye could look like "too much," but I've worn a slightly smokey neutral eye with a bold lip, and thought it looked fine.
For example, recently I wore Shale on the lid, Nebula pigment in creases, deep plum [powder] eyeliner applied with a 210 on upper lashlines only, Breath of Plum on cheeks, Approaching Storm on lips.
It was a "full face," all right, but I was told that I "look pretty," and it looked good to me.

cno64

I've been lemming Aurora even though I was never big on pigments. If they happen to have it in stock when I go to Mac on Saturday, then I may get it. The color just looks too gorgeous to pass up!
Yeah, get Aurora!
I'm wearing it today, and it's beautiful, almost like a loose powder version of Style Snob Starflash.

bis

I can understand how a bold lip with a *brightly* made-up eye could look like "too much," but I've worn a slightly smokey neutral eye with a bold lip, and thought it looked fine. For example, recently I wore Shale on the lid, Nebula pigment in creases, deep plum [powder] eyeliner applied with a 210 on upper lashlines only, Breath of Plum on cheeks, Approaching Storm on lips. It was a "full face," all right, but I was told that I "look pretty," and it looked good to me.
I know what you mean and I kind of do this too. But a gloss like C just subtly changes my lip color and makes is different and interesting. It's nowhere near nude, I cannot get away with nude, but it nevertheless gives me options to play.

cno64

I wore nebula today over for effect paint pot, satin taupe very light blended into crease with some vanilla pig to highlight, fast and pretty. I'm really glad I got the pigments. These are the first ones I've bought since the size change (butt hurt about that), and I'm happy about them.

Aurora and Nebula are the best neutral pigments I've seen MAC come out with since the days of Sunnydaze, Subtle, Goldenaire, etc.
It's going to be soo hard to resist backups of these, particularly Aurora.
Nebula is gorgeous, but it's so intense that I can only use a teeny amount at a time, so running out doesn't seem like much of a threat.
Besides, I can get a similar look with Keep Your Cool Pro Longwear, which is permanent.
I don't know of a dupe for Aurora, though ...

Winthrop44

How does Aurora compare to Subtle?

Ah, never mind...found this comparison earlier in the thread. Thanks ahoythere!

Sorry about the upside-down thing........Here is Aurora compared to a bunch of other pigments, all swatched dry over Nars base on my pale skin (the inside of my arm is probably like nw10).
From left in the pic: Sunnydaze, Aurora, Coco, Subtle, Jigs & Jives, Mauvement. Hope that helps!

baghdad81

I am start to think about AB I know i know...had iris stuff to take care of before this...anybody think it's great? Any dupes in the perm line? I need another blush like a hole in the head but........I am still lemming it!