MAC Divine Night Collection (October 17, 2013)

brittbby

Pop over to France, they have the Pumpkin Spice Latte here. Tried it last weekend, my boyfriend says that it is pretty much regular latte with whipped cream and some pumpkin spice powder sprinkled on top.
It has a pumpkin syrup too... Pumpkin spice powder wouldn't give enough flavor to the drink. It's a pretty good drink, I think I'm the only one on the planet that prefers their salted caramel mocha... Yummmm

Tahlia

I hope PP looks like this on me
4d7c07a2_image.jpeg

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
These soft pinks are my "foolproof nudes"
girlhaha.gif
I've moved away from very cooltoned nudes to more peachy ones. I love Pure Zen.

Sooo... on another note, I just placed an order on Space.NK, together with a friend to avoid shipping costs. I'm getting my 1st Hourglass Ambient Powder and I'm crazy excited about this! I have been wanting to try Hourglass for such a long time. I also got the new Shu curler. So that's where my DN budget went.
angelic.gif
I'm still waiting for a Douglas gift card, if I get it before the collection launch I will get Captivating or STBS with it, if not, DN will be a skip for now. Knowing myself I'll get some stuff later on evilbay (only if it's less than retail!
girl_devil.gif
) or in a swap maybe.

cyclops68

It has a pumpkin syrup too... Pumpkin spice powder wouldn't give enough flavor to the drink. It's a pretty good drink, I think I'm the only one on the planet that prefers their salted caramel mocha... Yummmm
Ahh yes I think you are right about the syrup. I don't drink coffee much (including lattes, frappuccinos and whatever else they are called) but I thought that the pumpkin spice latte was very sweet, even without any sugar added.

KrystalAnne

Strange. T's is the only pic I've come across where Private Party looks like Craving. It looks considerably darker (and more violet) in all the other swatches I've seen .

Maybe it's my monitor I dunno
th_dunno.gif
Private Party is pretty dark on me. I remember passing the mirror wearing it yesterday and I just thought "Woah" at how dark it was on my skin. It's like Liba said, I guess it will look different depending on the skin tone of the person wearing it.

I remember feeling this way with Glamourdaze, too. I saw T's swatch and I was head over heels with it on her and then I got it and it looked different on me (I still love it, though).

ichikeshiesan

Going to the MAC Store, although I shouldn't lmao (But hey it'll be my birthday!)

Anyway I havent had time to go through the threads but did anyone try the eyeliners specifically Orpheus & Mystery? and what about blush- Lavish living? Any thoughts

Saw Temptalia's swatch & review but I don't know

GoldenGirl

She stopped for about 6 months because she had a family emergency. Then I asked her if there was a reason why she didn't swatch MAC as much anymore and she said she got tired of them constantly putting out so many things. Then she just slowly stopped posting. But I do remember that post from the rude reader that you were referring to. Some people just take things for granted.

Pop over to France, they have the Pumpkin Spice Latte here. Tried it last weekend, my boyfriend says that it is pretty much regular latte with whipped cream and some pumpkin spice powder sprinkled on top.
Uh huh. MAC are you reading???

valkolak

Sooo... on another note, I just placed an order on Space.NK, together with a friend to avoid shipping costs. I'm getting my 1st Hourglass Ambient Powder and I'm crazy excited about this! I have been wanting to try Hourglass for such a long time. I also got the new Shu curler. So that's where my DN budget went.
angelic.gif
I'm still waiting for a Douglas gift card, if I get it before the collection launch I will get Captivating or STBS with it, if not, DN will be a skip for now. Knowing myself I'll get some stuff later on evilbay (only if it's less than retail!
girl_devil.gif
) or in a swap maybe.
OoOoOo which ambient powder did you get? I can't decide which one to try first!

Ana A

I didn't buy Adored from Tropical Taboo, guess I missed out on greatness?
It is a pretty one, probably one of the best things from that collection...the good news is that you can still get it from a couple places online and even some stores.

josephine90

Why did you skip the blushes? Did you already see them in person or was it based on swatches?
Based on swatches, no counter or stores in my town unless i drive up to indy, so T and beautizine are my best friend I would have bought at least one i have more money to spend, but i guess its not worth delaying my ipad if im not crazy over it!

honey b

Going to the MAC Store, although I shouldn't lmao (But hey it'll be my birthday!)

Anyway I havent had time to go through the threads but did anyone try the eyeliners specifically Orpheus & Mystery? and what about blush- Lavish living? Any thoughts

Saw Temptalia's swatch & review but I don't know
I bought Orpheus a few months back at a CCO. It's one of my favorites. It goes on so smoothly. This and Mystery have be repromoted a few times. If you do a search on Temptalia, you can find swatches for them.

MACina

Peachy ones can be difficult for me
ssad.gif

If it is more a pinky-peach-nude I am fine with it but if it is more yellow/orange/brown-peach -> no way!

angelic.gif
girl_devil.gif
) or in a swap maybe.

Woohoo....these powders are awesome! You are going to love it!!!

ichikeshiesan

I bought Orpheus a few months back at a CCO. It's one of my favorites. It goes on so smoothly. This and Mystery have be repromoted a few times. If you do a search on Temptalia, you can find swatches for them.
Thank you, yeah Mystery is going to be a miss but Orpheus looks nice ..

ichikeshiesan

When's your birthday?? Mine's this Sunday!

Anyway, I think the kohl powers are okay. The staying power's quite good... although a bit smudgy when you have just applied it (so perfect for laying down the base lash colour in a smokey eye). But if your skin's the sort on which gold colours become muted, maybe you would prefer Blackline pearlglide instead. I bought Orpheus because I was all excited about its colour but the "gold" in it it hardly showed up on me, but Blackline's perfect.

LOL, but I bet someone at MAC is thinking "if we stop putting out so much stuff, what would those Specktra freaks do with their time???"
peace2.gif
Mine is tomorrow :) Yay for October Babies & I know what you mean. I swear by Smolder in the Eye Kohl because it's such an intense black but if I don't put a few layers it smudges and is all over the place. i wish MAC would fix that

Fuzzy

Orpheus & mystery (from Glamourdaze) The green in Mystery is only very slightly visible in certain light... better off putting a shimmery green eyeshadow over regular black liner.