MAC Divine Night Collection (October 17, 2013)

cyclops68

Mine is tomorrow :) Yay for October Babies & I know what you mean. I swear by Smolder in the Eye Kohl because it's such an intense black but if I don't put a few layers it smudges and is all over the place. i wish MAC would fix that
Happy Birthday!!!

I used to wear Smolder everyday on my waterline and then used Guerlain's loose powder kohl over, but it would disappear and end up in the outer corner of my eyes after 4 hours or so. When Smolder ran out, I replaced it with Feline kohl power under Guerlain's loose powder kohl as usual and the staying power is a lot better than the eye kohl... easily lasts 8 hours.

misfitted

Quote:Originally Posted by abjarrett

Comparison pic (natural light, no flash) L to R: Our Pick, Exclusive Event, Empowered, Nude

I don't find Exclusive Event to be a dupe for Nude at all, at least not in my swatches or on my lips. Hope this helps somebody.
cooldude.gif

Wow, EE looks lighter than Nude! Argh!

buffydiva

Comparison pic (natural light, no flash) L to R: Our Pick, Exclusive Event, Empowered, Nude

I don't find Exclusive Event to be a dupe for Nude at all, at least not in my swatches or on my lips. Hope this helps somebody.
 src=

Wow, EE looks lighter than Nude! Argh!
Ugh...taking EE off my list after all the swatches.

TheLadyDanger

How is Exclusive Event compared to Siss or Yash? I can pass off with Yash by itself, but with Siss, since it's a cooler toned brown, I have to warm it up a bit with lip pencil (usually with Boldy Bare).

misfitted

Ugh...taking EE off my list after all the swatches.
I'm still hoping I like it on myself because my box is on the way... But it's looked different on Beautezine, Temptalia, and all of the Specktra ladies that have swatched so far. I NEED MY BLACK BOX NOW LOL!

buffydiva

I'm still hoping I like it on myself because my box is on the way... But it's looked different on Beautezine, Temptalia, and all of the Specktra ladies that have swatched so far. I NEED MY BLACK BOX NOW LOL!
LOL! I hope it works for you! You're right, all the swatches have looked different. I'm just gonna go with the Teddy Bare you mentioned yesterday for now. Let me know if EE works for you!

allthingsmakeup

I've moved away from very cooltoned nudes to more peachy ones. I love Pure Zen.

Sooo... on another note, I just placed an order on Space.NK, together with a friend to avoid shipping costs. I'm getting my 1st Hourglass Ambient Powder and I'm crazy excited about this! I have been wanting to try Hourglass for such a long time. I also got the new Shu curler. So that's where my DN budget went.
angelic.gif
I'm still waiting for a Douglas gift card, if I get it before the collection launch I will get Captivating or STBS with it, if not, DN will be a skip for now. Knowing myself I'll get some stuff later on evilbay (only if it's less than retail!
girl_devil.gif
) or in a swap maybe.
T said Hourglass Ambient Powders will also be available in a gift version with 3 (small-sized) powders. So maybe an idea for your next order
winks.gif

Lisianthus

All this talk about Pumpkin Spice Lattes is making me want one! I want to try the Salted Caramel Latte too. DH and I have pretty much avoided Starbucks because of their big corporation tax scandal here in the UK. Going once won't be bad, right?

Starlight77

I just want to throw this out there, Allura's swatches of the MSF's & MES look nothing like they do in person, pigmentation-wise. Also, T's swatches of STBS are off color-wise. She didn't capture any of the beautiful purple/plummy tones that it has in person.
That's what I said too!!! STBS is really pretty in person, I didn't get it because I don't like shimmery products on my cheeks but it's way prettier than shown. I didn't get any of the MES's because i'm just not a fan of them to begin with but I'm still debating on "until Dawn".

misfitted

aef64765_image.jpeg
PP with STBS MSF
747b6caf_image.jpeg
EE lipstick
See, I LOVE EE on her! This one is taking me on an emotional roller coaster right now! This makes me think about getting PP too ugh...
have anny other tan or WOC tried EE cause I feel like it only looks good on lighter skin !
I will be swatching as soon as I get mine tomorrow!
:hello: I'm not new to the site but new to actually posting anything. I'm just starting to get into make up and I want to say that you guys are so helpful by giving tips and swatches! :specktrarocks:  
Welcome to the madness lol!
:flower:  I know this off topic ....:sigh:  but i just got my ARDENCY INN BLUE IS BLK LIPSTICK...Im on the fence with it....even though its a nice dark color...its not matte at all, its more cremesheen satin...so it was all over hyped...and then the color from a distance is dark blue black shade...but closer its got a alot of purple undertones...so it shows more dark blue dark purple on me....i just hate its got shine...i WANTED MATTE....if anyone else tries this lipstick let me know what you think...???>>>:hmm:   LOL.
Ahhh so jelly! Shontay hipped me to that in another thread and I can't wait to get my hands on it!
[COLOR=333333]Left to right Stone l/l and EE over ( does not look like nude imo) Riri Nude, EE, HC, nyx 1000 years ( stone dupe) stone lipliner. [/COLOR]​
Im going to post my lips with stone l/l over E.E right now to see if it looks like nude. EE is really grey.
Eh... I just don't know what to think ab EE til I get it...
This is a joke:) ...i wonder 60 yrs..from now ..they will find all of us MAC ADDICTS ...in a nice old folks home....us real old ladies....with drawers full of MAC lipstick n such...having a lipstick convo battle...on who wore what and who has what.....?!..AND all the young ladies lookin at us like ..:hmm:  ....whats the big damn deal.....we just use Wet n wild..for 12.99 a tube!!...:drama:  lol
And we will be telling them how wet n wild was 2-3 bucks in our day lol.

NaomiH

Haha! In my arm swatch EE really looks like poo! But mixing it with the color of my lips seems to cancel it out from becoming caca lips. Are you going for it?
No, I'm not a big nude lip wearer and it will probably just gather dust with the other nudes I own. It's pretty but I know I will never do more than take it out from time to time, lip swatch it and then go for a louder color.
girlhaha.gif
I think I'm good with my lone Private Party lippy purchase.

Medgal07

Hope everyone is enjoying playing with their goodies!!
mac_boxday.gif
Received my order today and decided to play a little....

Stares and Speculation (left), UD Stash (right)

Not sure how/what colors I will use the fluidline with yet, but can't WAIT to try it out!! I love olive colored everything
eyelove.gif

I couldn't get a true-to-life pic of lavish living blush on my phone cam so I gave up. It does look purple/plum on me, which is awesome because I was afraid it wouldn't. For some reason, the amount of shimmer concerns me. Maybe it's the purple. Usually I don't have a problem with mineralize blushes, but I will need to try this on my face to see if I really like it....
Oh I love olive green too & included S & S in my preorder. Thanks for the swatches. I hope I can make it work with my Chanel quad in Mystère.
sigh.gif

Fuzzy

All this talk about Pumpkin Spice Lattes is making me want one! I want to try the Salted Caramel Latte too. DH and I have pretty much avoided Starbucks because of their big corporation tax scandal here in the UK. Going once won't be bad, right?
I might have to go try that next week... I have another coupon
amuse.gif

they need to stick coupons in my mailbox every month! LOL too expensive otherwise.

MakeupForMommy

The black box has arrived :yahoo: . I swatched PP LS immediately and will share photos after I get this peach fuzz taken care off :haha: but I am looking at EE terrified. I know it just won't work for me. I wish I would have gotten FFF or YGI instead,

NiniCakes

Side note... anyone else wish this was MAC's permanent packaging? I'm loving this gold!
iagree.gif
I was totes gonna sit this collection out but that packaging caught my eye so I just orderd fff l/s and pp msf. I think I can work with the fff not so sure a/b perfectly poised based on the swatches I've seen, but we shall see!