MAC Divine Night Collection (October 17, 2013)

Fuzzy

Any Canadians had their online order ship yet?

While we wait for goodies here's a fun colour test:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-well-do-you-see-color-173018

I scored a 3, so I apparently see colour very, very well!

I ordered from Mac Canada, and it still says Pending, but I normally get a shipping notification and a package on the same day!
For the most part I've been getting them the day before... except for that time back in September when I didn't get one at all... that order still says pending! LOL

ichikeshiesan

Happy Birthday!!!

I used to wear Smolder everyday on my waterline and then used Guerlain's loose powder kohl over, but it would disappear and end up in the outer corner of my eyes after 4 hours or so. When Smolder ran out, I replaced it with Feline kohl power under Guerlain's loose powder kohl as usual and the staying power is a lot better than the eye kohl... easily lasts 8 hours.
Thank you !! I'll keep that in mind for future eyeliner use

cyclops68

Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzzy

So I did your colour test and they said that I have perfect colour vision! Wooot! That's a screenshot to keep... that way next time my bf tells me you already have a blush/lipstick/eyeshadow/lipgloss in that colour, I can tell him oh no they are not the same!
lol.gif

PurpleSparkles

Any Canadians had their online order ship yet?

OMG i just spent the last several minutes here at work doing this quiz. Love this type of thing. Anyhoo, I scored a 0 and was so depressed at 1st. Then I realized that a 0 is a good score! Ha! Thanks for posting :)

Fuzzy

OMG i just spent the last several minutes here at work doing this quiz. Love this type of thing. Anyhoo, I scored a 0 and was so depressed at 1st. Then I realized that a 0 is a good score! Ha! Thanks for posting :)
LOL

You both did a tiny bit better than me! My Dad(a professional artist) scored a 10.

Ajigglin

final haul:
all the lipsticks
all the cremesheens

i feel like a freaking hypocrite/dummy complaining about the $22, but it is what it is. i got the final estimate on my car today-$2400-so i treated myself to FfF csg, the only lip product i didn't order.
the bulk of my order should be in today in the black box, and the FfF ls and csg should be arriving from Nordstrom in a few days.

from one newbie to all the newbies-salute! welcome!

happy birthday, @ichikeshiesan!

okay-back to the grind...

cyclops68

You both did a tiny bit better than me! My Dad(a professional artist) scored a 10.
Does 10 mean that your dad is colour blind? I remember reading that colour blindness is very prevalent amongst men because they only have one X chromosome and the genetic defect for colour blindness is on the X chromosome. For a woman to be colour blind, it requires two defective copies of X chromosomes, the chances of which are a lot slimmer. It sort of reminds me of one of the latest episodes of New Girl where they discovered that Winston was colour blind. He insisted he was wearing brown shoes when he was actually wearing green shoes, and they were like "if you think these shoes are brown, what colour do you think you are?!"

LiliV

Here's Private Party on me. I LOVE this, it's perfect for fall time! Definitely pulls more wine-ish on me than purple. I'm going to see if I can maybe snag another for my friend, I know she's going to want it lol

Julily

On to Lured To Love... GORGEOUS!! I thought I could skip it because I already have Supercontinental.. but I think I need it in my life. Crap!
I've learned not to trust her pics they are not even close to accurate. I think I've said before that I've nearly passed on some lipsticks based on her reviews. I trusted my gut and got them anyway and found that they always look better in person. I believe she also posted a photo comparing rubywoo to ririwoo and they looked identical but in person they are completely different color, not even close so I highly doubt that Craving looks anything like Private Party.

ichikeshiesan

final haul:
all the lipsticks
all the cremesheens

i feel like a freaking hypocrite/dummy complaining about the $22, but it is what it is. i got the final estimate on my car today-$2400-so i treated myself to FfF csg, the only lip product i didn't order.
the bulk of my order should be in today in the black box, and the FfF ls and csg should be arriving from Nordstrom in a few days.

from one newbie to all the newbies-salute! welcome!

happy birthday, @ichikeshiesan!

okay-back to the grind...
Thank you !! :)

ForeverJenn

Wow pp looks completely different in everyone! I'm not sure how I want it to look on me anymore lol I'm just hoping for something different than craving because I hate having 2 of the same color. After seeing more swatches, I've added more items to my list. I now want ygi lipstick, FFF lipstick and csg, PP csg. I'm going to go to the counter tomorrow to pick them up. I really don't want to wait another week to receive them since I'm getting my first order of PP lipstick, ygi csg, lavish living blush and lured to love blush on FRiDAY! :cheer: I was originally planning on buying the nude mini gloss set because I absolutely love richly revered. I've just decided now to replace it with pp. I'll save money and I wasn't interested in the other colors in the set. Now just have to wait for the lip bag that has dark deed and I'm done :) This collection is going to end up being more expensive than I thought.

mousygiggles

Here's Private Party on me. I LOVE this, it's perfect for fall time! Definitely pulls more wine-ish on me than purple. I'm going to see if I can maybe snag another for my friend, I know she's going to want it lol

It is so pretty on you. Again, very different. Do you have Craving to compare it to by any chance?

MACina

You look fabulous, LiliV
eyelove.gif

Your eyes are so beautiful....the winged liner enhances their pretty shape perfectly.

Fuzzy

Does 10 mean that your dad is colour blind? I remember reading that colour blindness is very prevalent amongst men because they only have one X chromosome and the genetic defect for colour blindness is on the X chromosome. For a woman to be colour blind, it requires two defective copies of X chromosomes, the chances of which are a lot slimmer. It sort of reminds me of one of the latest episodes of New Girl where they discovered that Winston was colour blind. He insisted he was wearing brown shoes when he was actually wearing green shoes, and they were like "if you think these shoes are brown, what colour do you think you are?!"

No, it's only a little bit worse than me, he can see colour very well, I already knew that though LOL I always ask him to confirm choices for paint! The worst scores for the test are in the 1000-range
For sure colour blindness is much more common in men!

I'd have my Mom do the test if she wasn't so busy, sometimes her colour choices are questionable! ha!

liba

Wow, I'm not here for a day and a half and this thread has how many new pages??????

I don't think I can go through all of everyone's posts, haha. I know I'm gonna be missing some gems, plus I want to know how everyone is liking their things!

I hope I was able to enable this time around, because those MSFs and MBs and MES are just gorgeous. Lipstick Shimpstick, I say - when it's a Mineralize collection!

ATTENTION: Who has gotten their Centre of Attention yet. Are you crazy in love??? I hope you are, like me. Same for LL and STBS. These are the superstars of this collection for me (plus PP, but that's just a lipstick shmipstick - who cares about that
girlhaha.gif
)

NaomiH

Wow, I'm not here for a day and a half and this thread has how many new pages??????

I don't think I can go through all of everyone's posts, haha. I know I'm gonna be missing some gems, plus I want to know how everyone is liking their things!

I hope I was able to enable this time around, because those MSFs and MBs and MES are just gorgeous. Lipstick Shimpstick, I say - when it's a Mineralize collection!
If you do browse back I wouldn't go too far back or you'll hit major drama, just a little warning.
th_wink3.gif