MAC Divine Night Collection (October 17, 2013)

BriarRose

Those are the same 3 things I got! Lol I'm really pleased with Private Party I wasn't sure what to expect but I think it'll be a great every day fall color, def try it!
Great minds and pale, cool toned people must think alike.
girlhaha.gif

If I can get one tomorrow, I will let you know what I think! I don't do pre-orders (my counter only just now started doing them for the main holiday collection, and I forgot about it anyway), so hopefully they'll have one left when they open.

Fuzzy

My order from Mac Canada is still pending :/ I ordered the night it launched.. Sunday ? Monday was a holiday but I thought for sure or would have shipped yesterday .. It's usually always the next day .. Wah . Now I want that red 22$ a lipstick though makes me die inside
I got a fedex notification, but no email from MAC. I just checked the site and it finally shows as shipped there. I don't know why they express shipped mine... I'm just minutes away from the warehouse.
blink.gif
I hope yours is on it's way now, or very, very soon!

oh I ordered about 4:40pm on sunday.

elegant-one

Woohoo! It's so juicy and feels so good on the lips. Glad you love it.

Lavish Living: Did you wish Notorious was sheerer and more plum/brown? Do you like the effect Amber Glow has but wished you had something like that had more depth and a bit of a frost highlight at the right angle?
PFP is SOOO Gorgeous on!!!!

Yes on LL. Have you seen Dior's new blush Brown Milly? Its similar in description but not as dimensional as LL. I really loved it when I swatched it so I guess I cannot decide between the two.

Odelia

My order from Mac Canada is still pending :/ I ordered the night it launched.. Sunday ? Monday was a holiday but I thought for sure or would have shipped yesterday .. It's usually always the next day .. Wah . Now I want that red 22$ a lipstick though makes me die inside
I ordered first thing on Sunday when it went up and only got the fedex tracking email today. Usually they ship it fast, processed either same day ( if before 11am) or next day. I just think they were slow to get back on track after the holiday
th_dunno.gif
I'm sure you will get a tracking number soon!

Even though I paid for overnight (I am wayyy too impatient! I want my goodies fast!) it's nice to hear that Mac upgraded everyones order to express
thmbup.gif
Good job, Mac Canada!

MamboPoet

Oh my, am I the only one not loving PRivate party and PFP? When I got home I tried them I was so disappointed, pp pulls SUPER brown on me with hardly any of the lovely plum I see on some ladies! PFP was terribly underwhelming. I'm loving everything else I got, one is going to my mom and the other is probably going back!

NaomiH

My Prepare for Pleasure got here today! LL doesn't get here til tomorrow. :/ I think the magenta tones will come out more on NWs but they're still there on my NC 5 skin. This is very much a Marilyn red to me. It reminds me of Love Goddess but I don't think it's a perfect dupe. It has a nice richness to it that I wouldn't expect from just any red lippie. It may be because this is one of those cremesheens with the fine pearlescence that makes the color sort of glow. My pic isn't very good but I tried. It's a bit more magenta in real life. I wish I had a camera that could capture the richness of it. Oh and please excuse the throwback blue eyeshadow.
girlhaha.gif
I didn't think I would be trying on a red today.

KrystalAnne

I got a zero on the test! I don't know why but that excites me
girlhaha.gif

And now i want PfP lipstick. Must resist!!

I wore PP today and it's definitely dark on me, like the promo picture. It's very deep and pretty. I think from afar it looks like a normal dark plum but when you look at it up close, there's more depth and you can see the mauve peeking out. And as Elegant stated, the color does change a bit depending on the lighting. For example, in the picture I posted wearing it, it looks a bit lighter because the light on me was sunlight and kind of bright. But in softer light, it comes across as a darker color.

singer82

How can I resist!! You talked me into it. And the majority of reds I have are mattes. And as much as I love mattes, they are def higher matinence. So it would be nice to get a different texture. Between getting PfP, the red from PC, and viva glam I need to go on a red no-buy for a while.
PFP looked shockingly good on me. I was taken by surprise. It was BRIGHT, the way a lot of reds look bright on deeper skinned gals and just wind up looking boring and dull on me instead. On me, it's very red, without pink coming through, but I bet on you, you might get a touch more pink. It's one of those reds that when it works, it works big, but it's not going to be all that for everyone across the board - even more so than some other reds, and they all do that to some extent. The moist texture is so beautiful too - very nice change of pace after all the mattes. I really didn't care for the csg that went with it, though; it's not as rich a color and you really don't need extra shine on top of this lipstick. Were you OK with Amber Glow and Alpine Bronze? It's got that same thing going on but with some additional strong highlight. If you are very particular about emphasizing pores, it does that a bit more than Amber Glow, also due to the frostier highlight it has. It's a very sheer color as well, even on an NC15 like me, so don't expect lots of pigmentation. It will sculpt your cheeks with light - that's what it's for.
Only if you don't have similar plums or deep mauves. If you don't, this is definitely the deep plum to get. If you are a red freak like me - YES, PFP is a must have. Its such a different red on than all the other 2938657465198 reds that I have. I'll be getting LTL blush in a couple days. Aww, so sweet of you to ask :heart: Are you still deciding, or have you purchased already?
My Prepare for Pleasure got here today!  LL doesn't get here til tomorrow. :/  I think the magenta tones will come out more on NWs but they're still there on my NC 5 skin.  This is very much a Marilyn red to me.  It reminds me of Love Goddess but I don't think it's a perfect dupe.  It has a nice richness to it that I wouldn't expect from just any red lippie.  It may be because this is one of those cremesheens with the fine pearlescence that makes the color sort of glow.  My pic isn't very good but I tried.  It's a bit more magenta in real life.  I wish I had a camera that could capture the richness of it.  Oh and please excuse the throwback blue eyeshadow.  :haha: I didn't think I would be trying on a red today.

valkolak

Lipstick Yoda has The Force!

Oh yeah! That's right!!!
supacool.gif
Zeroes are for Heroes!
lol.gif

My review is the opposite of bad - go see it in-store! :p

Woohoo! It's so juicy and feels so good on the lips. Glad you love it.

Lavish Living: Did you wish Notorious was sheerer and more plum/brown? Do you like the effect Amber Glow has but wished you had something like that had more depth and a bit of a frost highlight at the right angle?

That blue eyeshadow is sexxxxy with PFP - what is it? PFP makes your lips look very luscious. I totally agree that there's something uniquely rich about PFP that not all reds have! I do think it will pull pink on darker skin tones. It'll be interesting to see more people's photos.
I'm wearing good ol' Time to Tango! I wear it by itself most of the time.

AdelieDragon

mac_boxday.gif
I almost flipped when, online, I saw it was delivered yet there was no package in my house - AND it was signed by someone I didn't know! But it turned out to be a neighbor that knew we weren't home when UPS came by and decided to get the package for me. Lol! Haven't opened it yet thoughhhh.

tirurit

Hi! New member here! *waves hello*

I wanted to thank all of you for the loads of information and swatches and pictures. You have really helped in narrowing down my list to one lipstick and as per liba's suggestions, try the blushes in person before deciding, but I might get 2 of them.

In my country mac is still selling the last of the Riri Fall items. I asked my MA about the future collections (knowing already the names and contents) as I am travelling during November, hoping to get aproximate release dates so I knew if I would be home for the release where I have a friendly MA or if I would have to hunt those products in another country in stores where I know noone! Well, I was quite disapointed to be told that on one hand they had not yet had their trainning sessions for the collections and on the other hand that they were not at liberty to give me that information. Come on! The collection has already been released in the US and there reviews and swatches everywhere! It's not like the obsessed do not know how to google, right?