MAC Divine Night Collection (October 17, 2013)

KrystalAnne

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
PP is quite dark on me too - it lightens up a bit with the gloss on top, but yeah, really looks exactly like the promo image on me, and it doesn't do that on everyone for sure.

How about trying Hip & Happy lip pencil underneath? That's my favorite shade for getting rid of brown undertones and brightening the colors of my lipsticks.

Yeah, it looks like the promo pic on me, too..except she has the CSG on it it too, doesn't she?

I will try using H&H and see how it turns out!

janineios

I got my lippies... FFF, PP, and YGT and I don't think i like any of them . This was a total bust.
ohboy.gif
NADA?!

NaomiH

Hi! New member here! *waves hello*

I wanted to thank all of you for the loads of information and swatches and pictures. You have really helped in narrowing down my list to one lipstick and as per liba's suggestions, try the blushes in person before deciding, but I might get 2 of them.

In my country mac is still selling the last of the Riri Fall items. I asked my MA about the future collections (knowing already the names and contents) as I am travelling during November, hoping to get aproximate release dates so I knew if I would be home for the release where I have a friendly MA or if I would have to hunt those products in another country in stores where I know noone! Well, I was quite disapointed to be told that on one hand they had not yet had their trainning sessions for the collections and on the other hand that they were not at liberty to give me that information. Come on! The collection has already been released in the US and there reviews and swatches everywhere! It's not like the obsessed do not know how to google, right?
specktra_welcome.gif

mac-obsessed

I
My Prepare for Pleasure got here today!  LL doesn't get here til tomorrow. :/  I think the magenta tones will come out more on NWs but they're still there on my NC 5 skin.  This is very much a Marilyn red to me.  It reminds me of Love Goddess but I don't think it's a perfect dupe.  It has a nice richness to it that I wouldn't expect from just any red lippie.  It may be because this is one of those cremesheens with the fine pearlescence that makes the color sort of glow.  My pic isn't very good but I tried.  It's a bit more magenta in real life.  I wish I had a camera that could capture the richness of it.  Oh and please excuse the throwback blue eyeshadow.  :haha: I didn't think I would be trying on a red today. [/quot] I love it!!!! I looks beautiful on you!!!

Haven

Hi! New member here! *waves hello*

I wanted to thank all of you for the loads of information and swatches and pictures. You have really helped in narrowing down my list to one lipstick and as per liba's suggestions, try the blushes in person before deciding, but I might get 2 of them.

In my country mac is still selling the last of the Riri Fall items. I asked my MA about the future collections (knowing already the names and contents) as I am travelling during November, hoping to get aproximate release dates so I knew if I would be home for the release where I have a friendly MA or if I would have to hunt those products in another country in stores where I know noone! Well, I was quite disapointed to be told that on one hand they had not yet had their trainning sessions for the collections and on the other hand that they were not at liberty to give me that information. Come on! The collection has already been released in the US and there reviews and swatches everywhere! It's not like the obsessed do not know how to google, right?
th_770016001157748873-final.gif

DarkAngel8595

Beautiful on you!!! This is fairly close to how it looks on me but maybe a tad darker
Thank you! I used my lip balm underneath it.....hmm I'm gonna use it without & see if it goes a little darker. I have to say this is my favorite one. EE was really disappointing.....it looks really gray on me :(

liba

Yeah, it looks like the promo pic on me, too..except she has the CSG on it it too, doesn't she?

I will try using H&H and see how it turns out!
Yep - the CSG lightens it up a bit. PP ls + csg together gave me the exact color as the promo, to be exact. PP ls alone is a bit darker, but not by very much on me. I think you'll like the results you get with Hip & Happy! Good luck.

Fancieland

Hey ladies! Sorry I couldn't post sooner. I wish I had more time to check in with you guys && post more pics as I've been dying to gush over this stuff with SOMEBODY lol
9b1b0839_PART_1381865262874_IMG_1603.jpg_wm.jpeg
Here's my final haul. I ended up with Private Party (of course), Mystery, Lavish Living && Perfectly Poised. The last two were total impulse buys lol. But the swatches were just beautiful!
6ff1267c_PART_1381866849743_IMG_1643.jpg_wm.jpeg
I had every intent of searching Perfectly Poised because I have a million gold highlighters but something told me to just give it a try. It's SO unique! The metallic gold part is very pigmented and silky to the touch. Like Liba mentioned this round of MSFs are very finely milled. It didn't feel gritty at all && was very easy to blend. The inner square is what blew me away. In the pan, it looks like an ordinary cream powder but it's actually a pinky champagne shade with a velvety smooth texture and gorgeous sheen. Mixed together you get a beautiful shimmering peachy pink highlight. You can kind of see the pink in the swatch but it's SO much more beautiful. Think of a powder versions of Diamonds! I'm wearing it today with Hibiscus Kiss. I just love it!
ff693a88_20131015_155934_wm.jpeg
I haven't tried on Lavish Living yet but it was love at first swatch! I was expecting it to be much more sheer when I swatched it because of earlier descriptions but I think it'll work just fine as a blush on women of color. I think I'm NC50 in MAC && I got plenty of color out of it. Could be a different story when applied but I'm guessing using a natural hair brush instead a duo fiber brush will work well in picking up that pigment. I'm currently on page 122 && I'm a stickler for reading every page lol. So if you have any questions you'd like immediately answered pm me!

BeautyFan55

Hello all,

I am new to Specktra tis is my first post. I have stalked threads here for a while and have finally decided to join in on the chatter.
I am a MAC fan, but not an expert. I have been trying to hone my beauty skills lately
dance.gif

Anyway I am actually looking forward to the Coral Lip set and the Lip Balms from Nocturnal collection.

AkeshialuvsMAC

Hi! New member here! *waves hello* I wanted to thank all of you for the loads of information and swatches and pictures. You have really helped in narrowing down my list to one lipstick and as per liba's suggestions, try the blushes in person before deciding, but I might get 2 of them. In my country mac is still selling the last of the Riri Fall items. I asked my MA about the future collections (knowing already the names and contents) as I am travelling during November, hoping to get aproximate release dates so I knew if I would be home for the release where I have a friendly MA or if I would have to hunt those products in another country in stores where I know noone! Well, I was quite disapointed to be told that on one hand they had not yet had their trainning sessions for the collections and on the other hand that they were not at liberty to give me that information. Come on! The collection has already been released in the US and there reviews and swatches everywhere! It's not like the obsessed do not know how to google, right?
welcome!!!!

AkeshialuvsMAC

Welcome!! I want the pink glosses and a brush set... i need to limit myself lol
Hello all, I am new to Specktra tis is my first post.  I have stalked threads here for a while and have finally decided to join in on the chatter. I am a MAC fan, but not an expert.  I have been trying to hone my beauty skills lately :dancin: Anyway I am actually looking forward to the Coral Lip set and the Lip Balms from Nocturnal collection.

Latest posts