MAC Divine Night Collection (October 17, 2013)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Oh yeah!

tumblr_mg9y63XtrS1qh59n0o1_250.gif

Debbs

I am wishing for something along the lines of Mac Golden Lariat SF. I just have been on a retro kick recently while literally kicking myself for walking briskly past WM and all those wonderful prior collections without even a second glance. What was I thinking? Oh, I know, I wasn't thinking at all. I keeping browsing old past collections and googling images. Please bring back some old faves as well as some good new ones Mac!!!

Richelle83

I am wishing for something along the lines of Mac Golden Lariat SF. I just have been on a retro kick recently while literally kicking myself for walking briskly past WM and all those wonderful prior collections without even a second glance. What was I thinking? Oh, I know, I wasn't thinking at all. I keeping browsing old past collections and googling images. Please bring back some old faves as well as some good new ones Mac!!!
You can still find WW items here, they don't come up often, sadly.

Anything like So Ceylon, Warm Blend, Metal Rock family I'll be super happy. I need to go find Lariat, its in a special place do to the size and haven't touched it in a good minute.

KrystalAnne

I wish I got some goodies from WW, too! It's fun to google old collections but it also kind of sucks because I want a lot of the old things they released.

Debbs

So true, I feel like I missed out on the real true Mac by passing on stuff years ago. The sad part is I did it intentionally walking thru Macy's etc looked at the displays but wasn't keen and interested then. I am so feelin the old Mac a lot these days. It is like I am doing a special project or something, lol

liba

So true, I feel like I missed out on the real true Mac by passing on stuff years ago. The sad part is I did it intentionally walking thru Macy's etc looked at the displays but wasn't keen and interested then. I am so feelin the old Mac a lot these days. It is like I am doing a special project or something, lol
The "new" MAC is just as innovative as the "old" MAC; just in some different ways. When you compare MAC to other comparable brands like Urban Decay or Makeup Forever (in other words, not indies or tough to find European brands where all the weirdest stuff is online only), MAC is definitely the most fashion forward, although perhaps the least overtly theatrical or drag queen-y. It doesn't always have the craziest colors, but it has the newest textures and the colors that start the trends on the runways. Even though MAC used to have some unusual colors that were part of the main line, back when it got started, it was known as THE brand for the 90's natural makeup (read: BROWN everything) look - that's what it was most famous for, then second famous for Viva Glam, then third famous for the weird colors that would pop up here and there.

If you look at how it is now, it's actually first famous for bright-as-all-hell colors and mega-matte lipsticks, then Viva Glam, then the neutrals and staples with good bang for the buck technology. So, in a way, what it's known for has kind of reversed. Maybe MAC doesn't come out with offbeat, non-girly colors as often as they used to, but all those weird colors were a little more in mainstream fashion back in the rave era, just in general. The 90's are coming back, so I think it's safe to say we will see more grey-taupe-brown stuff come back in and more duochrome shadows, etc….we actually already are seeing this sneak in.

Who else has come out with so many different black lipsticks in just a few years? Who got insane neon pink and neon orange back on the map? How about purple lipstick - that's all MAC. No need to feel like you missed anything. As someone who was loyal to MAC in the 90's and now again today, MAC knows how to bring it and keeps getting better!

liba

You can still find WW items here, they don't come up often, sadly.

Anything like So Ceylon, Warm Blend, Metal Rock family I'll be super happy. I need to go find Lariat, its in a special place do to the size and haven't touched it in a good minute.
How did Exotic Ember work on you? I can't always wear deep browns, but I am actually wearing EE right now and am going to make it my main late summer into fall blush and contour go to. I think I actually love it more than any of the EDSF duos that came out earlier this year.

Latest posts