Addict4MAC

MAC by Request (Spring 2014).

1017054_10152966072940554_100369987_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/MACcosmetics

Discussion thread:
http://www.specktra.net/t/184207/mac-by-request-spring-2014

katred

Specktra Bestie
I somehow don't think that any of the shades I really want are going to make a comeback, since the ones I miss the most are the ones that are a little less universal and a little more "odd". Would love to see:

- Grid
- Force (bluish silver lippie)
- Jungle Juice
- Isis (Beige-taupe with silver and green shimmer lipstick- absolutely amazing)

Strangely, I can't think of any eye shadows I'm desperate to get my hands on that haven't been reissued at some point in the last couple of years.

OctoberViolet

heat.gif
Never heard of Isis or Force before. Both sound delish. I'd like to add Lust to this list. I wish MAC would bring back some of their funkier lipstick shades. Oh yeah. Blueberry Fizz also.

I somehow don't think that any of the shades I really want are going to make a comeback, since the ones I miss the most are the ones that are a little less universal and a little more "odd". Would love to see:

- Grid
- Jungle Juice

Strangely, I can't think of any eye shadows I'm desperate to get my hands on that haven't been reissued at some point in the last couple of years.

DMcG9

Sometimes, I really wish they'd bring back Hyper which was the first MAC lipstick I ever bought and wore religiously through high school. Back in the day, most of the girls I knew wore Taupe but I couldn't pull that off so Hyper was it for me. Ah, the 90s and those brown lipsticks...

liba

- Grid
- Jungle Juice

I was just cleaning out some drawers full of junk and found my tube of Isis! That was a surprise! It still smells ok, too, which is a shocker.

OctoberViolet

Oooh. Is it still good enough for a possible swatch?
graucho.gif

- Grid
- Jungle Juice

I was just cleaning out some drawers full of junk and found my tube of Isis! That was a surprise! It still smells ok, too, which is a shocker.

sagehen

Quote:Originally Posted by liba

Ooh, is that tube of Isis in the original tube too? I miss those. I have hated these bullets since they came out, first in silver, and now in black. I guess I like the black ones better than those silver ones.

liba

Oooh. Is it still good enough for a possible swatch?
graucho.gif
I will try to swatch it tomorrow if we have sunshine! I do think that Liquid Lurex is even better in the greenish, beige-ish iridescent department than Isis, but Isis is a fantastic taupe and yes, we need many, many more awesome grayish taupe colors!!! I'd love to see something like Isis in the new frost formula, like what they use for Warm Companion. Soft Sable is much more rosy brown taupe than Isis, which is grey beige khaki taupe, but it's probably the most similar thing other than Liquid Lurex in the past few years.

liba

Sometimes, I really wish they'd bring back Hyper which was the first MAC lipstick I ever bought and wore religiously through high school. Back in the day, most of the girls I knew wore Taupe but I couldn't pull that off so Hyper was it for me. Ah, the 90s and those brown lipsticks...
I loooooved Hyper - I know I owned that back in the 90's. I had a very talented friend who did the beautiful hand painted floor decorations for the very first MAC store in Los Angeles, which is how I heard about MAC (it wasn't sold in department stores then and there was only one other store in the U.S., in NYC), but those were not my makeup aficionado days like today…I still did go in for the weird colors when I could find 'em, though.

What MAC should do, rather than By Request, is do a complete classic 90's collection, with all the greats from back then!!!!! I seem to recall a Viva Glam collection once where all the VG colors up to that point were all released together. Just do something like that with the 90's greats which made MAC's reputation back then - it was THE brand for neutral toned makeup with a twist.

Michelemu21

I didn't have Grid - sad about that! It was sort of the frost version of Epic, wasn't it? I loooooved Hyper - I know I owned that back in the 90's. I had a very talented friend who did the beautiful hand painted floor decorations for the very first MAC store in Los Angeles, which is how I heard about MAC (it wasn't sold in department stores then and there was only one other store in the U.S., in NYC), but those were not my makeup aficionado days like today…I still did go in for the weird colors when I could find 'em, though. What MAC should do, rather than By Request, is do a complete classic 90's collection, with all the greats from back then!!!!! I seem to recall a Viva Glam collection once where all the VG colors up to that point were all released together. Just do something like that with the 90's greats which made MAC's reputation back then - it was THE brand for neutral toned makeup with a twist. 
How cool! Is the floor still like that? I live in the Bay Area but next time we go to LA...

liba

How cool! Is the floor still like that? I live in the Bay Area but next time we go to LA...
They changed the floor a decade ago at least and then they wound up closing that store down all together a couple years ago. It was gorgeous for many years, though. It was all sorts of awesome pink scroll work on top of the natural wood.

ahoythere

I am pretty stoked about Pink Poodle, I've been pining for that since I finished mine 8 years ago, and the other lippies look great....but the eyeshadows? MEH. A matte brown, really? When you could bring back Haze? I truly do not understand. But I guess, like Katred, I am always interested in the oddball colors and textures, and maybe the cosmetic universe really does need some more neutrals.

Mac-Guy

I am pretty stoked about Pink Poodle, I've been pining for that since I finished mine 8 years ago, and the other lippies look great....but the eyeshadows? MEH. A matte brown, really? When you could bring back Haze? I truly do not understand. But I guess, like Katred, I am always interested in the oddball colors and textures, and maybe the cosmetic universe really does need some more neutrals.

I like neutrals and most of the e/s I buy are in the neutral range. However, for a BR collection, I'd expect more vibrant colors. This is particularly important if it is an online-only collection. One must swatch neutrals in person as so much depends on complexion and undertones.

DMcG9

I didn't have Grid - sad about that! It was sort of the frost version of Epic, wasn't it? I loooooved Hyper - I know I owned that back in the 90's. I had a very talented friend who did the beautiful hand painted floor decorations for the very first MAC store in Los Angeles, which is how I heard about MAC (it wasn't sold in department stores then and there was only one other store in the U.S., in NYC), but those were not my makeup aficionado days like today…I still did go in for the weird colors when I could find 'em, though. What MAC should do, rather than By Request, is do a complete classic 90's collection, with all the greats from back then!!!!! I seem to recall a Viva Glam collection once where all the VG colors up to that point were all released together. Just do something like that with the 90's greats which made MAC's reputation back then - it was THE brand for neutral toned makeup with a twist. 
That would blow my mind and quite possibly my bank account! Come on, MAC, let's do the 90s again! If patterned denim (which was as atrocious then as it is now) can make a comeback, then 90s make up with a 21st century twist can too!

DMcG9

I like neutrals and most of the e/s I buy are in the neutral range. However, for a BR collection, I'd expect more vibrant colors. This is particularly important  if it is an online-only collection. One must swatch neutrals in person as so much depends on complexion and undertones.
I agree! Buying make-up online always seems risky no matter how many swatches I search for but I'm definitely more inclined to buying brilliant colours i haven't seen irl as opposed to neutrals. That is just not worth the risk in my opinion. A lot of the time, I find them very different up close than the photographed swatches.

Latest posts