MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2014

Debbs

Thanks, Naomi!!! That's one thing I love about the ladies here. Everyone is always kind and supportive!

Shars

That makes two of us. I hope it is not soley light pinks and corals. Maybe they can use it as an opportunity to bring back Mystical or Yield to Love. (Wishful thinking, huh?) I have to say, all jokes aside, Mac is very considerate of all of its demographics and creates colors for everyone, unlike some brands, like Benefit.
Preach! Benefit just irritates me. You look at their descriptions of shades and then look at the swatch and make the most confused face ever because there is no way that the two correspond. I overslept when the novel romance collection first came online and missed out on Yield to Love! Sad times! We can all keep wishfully thinking that they bring it back soon. Shoot, they have no problem bringing back the same reds and pinks over and over! lol

Vandekamp

Preach! Benefit just irritates me. You look at their descriptions of shades and then look at the swatch and make the most confused face ever because there is no way that the two correspond. I overslept when the novel romance collection first came online and missed out on Yield to Love! Sad times! We can all keep wishfully thinking that they bring it back soon. Shoot, they have no problem bringing back the same reds and pinks over and over! lol
clap.gif
werd.gif

Baje

Totally off topic but does anyone know where I can still purchase MSF Natural online in the old packaging? This bulky crap isn't cutting it for me.

NaomiH

Don't know if the prices were put out yet, but both the P + P 24 hour extend eye base and the blemish control gel are listed as $22.

lilinah

I bought some colored mascaras back in the... 1970s, i think, or maybe early 80s. Those were the days when nearly every brand of mascara made my eyes burn, except for Clinique which had only normal colors. I wore each once or twice, and then tossed them because the fun colors were literally not worth the pain.

I am so thrilled that now i can wear many brands of mascara. Clearly something in the formulas has changed for the better.

I bought two of the colored mascaras from the Beth Ditto collection - Plum Reserve is violet (true blue-violet and not what MAC calls violet, which is fuchsia) and New Hue is plum - notice MAC's usual naming genius. The same year Guerlain had a collaboration with Emilio Pucci, and i got the Blue mascara.

I have brown hair (with white sidewalls) and brown eyebrows and lashes. I use MAC Omega matte eyeshadow in my brows (it's a medium cool taupe, and perfect for my coloring), and I normally wear dark brown or brown-black mascara.

The colored mascaras do show up on me. They are not exceedingly bright, but those mascaras aren't too bright anyway (not like that lime green that's coming). I think it helps to coordinate what is on the eyes with the mascaras to make the color show up more.

Sadly, Wet 'n' Wild eye products still make my eyes feel like they're on fire, which reminds me of the bad old makeup days of the 60s and 70s when i'd buy eye products and throw them away after one or two uses.

bluelitzer

I wore the Maleficent lipstick yesterday and I think personally it's one of those good colors that got overlooked because of packaging/how it looked. For me it's a perfect medium red. Seems simple saying that but it's hard to find "the perfect red" (not too bright Ronnie Red, not too dark Diva and sisters, not too tomato, not too orange, not too berry, not too brown Hearts Aflame, not too dull Extended Play, not too glossy or frosty etc). This and Deeply Adored are my most flattering reds and I'm glad I backed malefiecent's True Love's Kiss. I'm hoping Cinderella might have one lipstick that's just right for me.

NaomiH

The lashes on the blue eye look so clumpy.
001_unsure.gif

This is the Haute & Naughty waterproof lash mascara promo image btw