MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2014

MACupGrl

MAC’S NEW MAN: MAC Cosmetics has inked a deal with Brazilian designer Pedro Lourenço to create a limited-edition color cosmetics collection that will launch next summer. “Pedro organically understands and relates to the MAC Cosmetics DNA and beautifully interprets the Brazilian woman’s polished yet effortless style through this collaboration,” said James Gager, creative director of MAC Cosmetics. The color collection will include lip color, eye shadow, cream color bases, nail polish and powder blush duos. http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/macs-new-man-7213377?module=beauty-industry-news-color-cosmetics-page-2

allthingsmakeup

Charlotte Tilbury's instagram!!
Thank you fadetoblackkk! Love the eyeshadow's
eyelove.gif

xasperadastra

Yesterday I had the chance to meet the Italian senior makeup artist and I have a couple of news! He told me there will be new prep and prime loose powders! He was really excited about them, he had used them on models for fashion week. there will be a orange one perfect for dark skin people, a yellow, a lilac one... all colored and corrective.
He has also used on me a new brush! I asked him which brush it was and he responded it's a prototype so I don't know if it will ever be released.. I really hope so! It's a small pointed face brush, which he has used to apply powder on me.. I'm going to post a picture soon!

MACina

Yesterday I had the chance to meet the Italian senior makeup artist and I have a couple of news! He told me there will be new prep and prime loose powders! He was really excited about them, he had used them on models for fashion week. there will be a orange one perfect for dark skin people, a yellow,a lilac one... all colored and corrective.

He has also used on me a new brush! I asked him which brush it was and he responded it's a prototype so I don't know if it will ever be released.. I really hope so! It's a small pointed face brush, which he has used to apply powder on me.. I'm going to post a picture soon!

New brushes are ALWAYS exciting me
cheerleader.gif

It sounds amazing
heart.gif

Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

OctoberViolet

Yesterday I had the chance to meet the Italian senior makeup artist and I have a couple of news! He told me there will be new prep and prime loose powders! He was really excited about them, he had used them on models for fashion week. there will be a orange one perfect for dark skin people, a yellow, a lilac one... all colored and corrective.
Thanks xasperadastra! I'm down with the lilac prep & prime loose powder.
eyelove.gif

patentg33k

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/macs-new-man-7213377?module=beauty-industry-news-color-cosmetics-page-2
MAC is killing it in Brazil--the ester lauder annual report said that MAC is the #1 department store makeup line in that country.

Mac-Guy

I can offer a breakdown of the shades:

- The yellow one is for pale NW skin with redness and broken blood vessels.
- The orange one is for darker complexions who want to brighten grey or bluish undertones
- The lilac one is for fair NC skin to neutralize strong yellow undertones.

They are not meant as an all-over powder.

janette9687

Could it possibly maybe be the return of the 165? i love new brushes tho
cheerleader.gif

OctoberViolet

I can offer a breakdown of the shades:

- The yellow one is for pale NW skin with redness and broken blood vessels.
- The orange one is for darker complexions who want to brighten grey or bluish undertones
- The lilac one is for fair NC skin to neutralize strong yellow undertones.

They are not meant as an all-over powder.
Thank you for the clarification Mac-Guy! I wish they were for all over. I still may be able to get away with the lilac as my skin is NC, but my yellow undertones aren't very strong.

Mac-Guy

Thank you for the clarification Mac-Guy! I wish they were for all over. I still may be able to get away with the lilac as my skin is NC, but my yellow undertones aren't very strong.
The point is that you just apply it where you need it. If you apply it all over, you will make your complexion look uneven and strange. You need to know your complexion well enough to apply it to your target zones and then blend out the edges. The wrong color correction or too much in the wrong place will just make you look weird - that kind of weird were people will have problems to figure out what's wrong with your face. :) But applied correctly, it really does wonders.

I prefer to apply correcting powders BEFORE foundation. Ideally, it means that I have to use less foundation. As I like skin to look like skin, less is more in both cases. Some people apply it after foundation, but it just makes it harder to blend out. HTH.

lyseD

The point is that you just apply it where you need it. If you apply it all over, you will make your complexion look uneven and strange. You need to know your complexion well enough to apply it to your target zones and then blend out the edges. The wrong color correction or too much in the wrong place will just make you look weird - that kind of weird were people will have problems to figure out what's wrong with your face. :) But applied correctly, it really does wonders.

I prefer to apply correcting powders BEFORE foundation. Ideally, it means that I have to use less foundation. As I like skin to look like skin, less is more in both cases. Some people apply it after foundation, but it just makes it harder to blend out. HTH.
Maybe this will be the answer to my terminally rosy cheeks.