MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2014

Mac-Guy

Maybe this will be the answer to my terminally rosy cheeks.
Try Clinique Redness Solution: The combination of pressed powder (the loose one is hard to control) and foundation. Calming Alabaster should be a good match for your skin.

jennyap

Quote:Originally Posted by Mac-Guy

Try Clinique Redness Solution: The combination of pressed powder (the loose one is hard to control) and foundation. Calming Alabaster should be a good match for your skin.

Just have to add my love for this pressed powder. My redness isn't crazy bad so the powder with any ordinary foundation is usually enough for me. Even so, it has been a revelation. It was a red chin rather than cheeks that primarily drove me to look for a solution, and it is great for me. On uber lazy non-makeup days I just use the powder and I look far more normal!

Mac-Guy

Just have to add my love for this pressed powder. My redness isn't crazy bad so the powder with any ordinary foundation is usually enough for me. Even so, it has been a revelation. It was a red chin rather than cheeks that primarily drove me to look for a solution, and it is great for me. On uber lazy non-makeup days I just use the powder and I look far more normal!
IMO, it's the best product on the market.

Audrey C

I'm another fan of Clinique Redness Solutions products. I use the cleanser in the morning (when I don't need something strong enough to remove makeup), the primer and the foundation. Unfortunately, there isn't a colour that's a perfect match for me. I'm using Calming Ivory (03) but it's a bit too pink for me. I have to mix in a bit of a yellower shade (usually MAC) or it's a bit off. I wish they had a closer match, but the redness coverage is the best I've found from any company without going with heavy coverage.

Mac-Guy

I'm another fan of Clinique Redness Solutions products. I use the cleanser in the morning (when I don't need something strong enough to remove makeup), the primer and the foundation. Unfortunately, there isn't a colour that's a perfect match for me. I'm using Calming Ivory (03) but it's a bit too pink for me. I have to mix in a bit of a yellower shade (usually MAC) or it's a bit off. I wish they had a closer match, but the redness coverage is the best I've found from any company without going with heavy coverage.
You are absolutely right. It's definitely more on the NW side, which might be due to the fact that NW beauties are more prone to redness. I'm using pale alabaster (for very fair skin) and it's a true pink-based NW shade. I love how light the coverage is; it lets the skin look like skin.

Audrey C

You are absolutely right. It's definitely more on the NW side, which might be due to the fact that NW beauties are more prone to redness. I'm using pale alabaster (for very fair skin) and it's a true pink-based NW shade. I love how light the coverage is; it lets the skin look like skin.
It really does - that's why I like it. F&B C2 is a better colour match for me and I'll use that when I want/need a more precise colour match, but I when I use about half CRS and half Studio Moisture Tint, the colour isn't horrible. It's not perfect, but it's better.

I've tried applying a layer of CRS and then a second thin layer of F&B, but I'm not entirely happy with the finish that gives me.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Wait, a pale Clinique Foundation?! Alabaster? I've never heard of it and don't see it on german websites. Does anyone have a link for me, I think I want to order it.

Mac-Guy

It really does - that's why I like it. F&B C2 is a better colour match for me and I'll use that when I want/need a more precise colour match, but I when I use about half CRS and half Studio Moisture Tint, the colour isn't horrible. It's not perfect, but it's better.

I've tried applying a layer of CRS and then a second thin layer of F&B, but I'm not entirely happy with the finish that gives me.

I can see how CRS and SMT work for your complexion. SMT is very much NC-based, even the very light shades. Texture-wise is CRS close to Studio Sculpt foundation. If you can get a sample, it might be worth to try it out (solo and/or in combination with CRS).

Maybe we should move this discussion to the Clinique thread? I didn't mean to hijack the thread...

Audrey C

I can see how CRS and SMT work for your complexion. SMT is very much NC-based, even the very light shades. Texture-wise is CRS close to Studio Sculpt foundation. If you can get a sample, it might be worth to try it out (solo and/or in combination with CRS).

Maybe we should move this discussion to the Clinique thread? I didn't mean to hijack the thread...
Thanks, that's a good thought. I use Medium in SMT since I find the shades in that line light. Perhaps something that isn't quite as sheer would be a better mix with CRS. Do you know how the shades run for SS? NC25 is probably a good starting point, but I remember one of the 'Studio' foundations was quite dark and NC25 was too dark when I tested it.

I'm convincing myself that this isn't a complete thread hijack since I'm looking for a MAC NC foundation to mix with CRS and I'll probably purchase in 2014. ;)

Mac-Guy

Thanks, that's a good thought. I use Medium in SMT since I find the shades in that line light. Perhaps something that isn't quite as sheer would be a better mix with CRS. Do you know how the shades run for SS? NC25 is probably a good starting point, but I remember one of the 'Studio' foundations was quite dark and NC25 was too dark when I tested it.

I'm convincing myself that this isn't a complete thread hijack since I'm looking for a MAC NC foundation to mix with CRS and I'll probably purchase in 2014. ;)
I'd give NC30 a try. It generally runs up to a shade lighter than other MAC foundations.

Audrey C

I'd give NC30 a try. It generally runs up to a shade lighter than other MAC foundations.
Thank you. I'll ask for a sample of both NC25 and NC30 then and see which looks better alone/mixed. I'm back to my winter colour so I'm between NC20-25 at the moment.

jennyap

Quote:Originally Posted by Mac-Guy

I think I'll have to try this next time I'm in the market for a new foundation. Always a fan of skin looking like skin! Is the alabaster light enough for NW10? Sounds like it should be...

vaisforluvrs

I know this was hinted at before, but did anyone see that Heroine will be permanent? Here is what temptalia posted: HEROINE (bright purple, matte) will be added to the PERMANENT range beginning with December 16th, 2013 pre-launch at maccosmetics.com. It will be available in-stores January 2nd, 2014, online January 16th, 2014 for international locations, March 6th, 2014 for international in-store locations.

NaomiH

I know this was hinted at before, but did anyone see that Heroine will be permanent? Here is what temptalia posted: HEROINE (bright purple, matte) will be added to the PERMANENT range beginning with December 16th, 2013 pre-launch at maccosmetics.com. It will be available in-stores January 2nd, 2014, online January 16th, 2014 for international locations, March 6th, 2014 for international in-store locations.
Oh cool, extra dates! Do you mind if I re-post this in the Heroine thread?