MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2014

MACina

nanaparty.gif

You're confusing two different collections. The MSFs are for holiday '13. The EDs are in '14, in this thread, a different collection. EDs aren't mineral at all.
nope.gif

pinkpaint

This is exciting. I've been wearing Superb and Whisper of Gilt all summer. I was even gonna get Glorify on ebay but I'm glad I skipped. Wonder what the new colors will be.

The only MSF I have is Earthshine. They look pretty but none of them have wowed me. I don't have any MES, either. Most look too shimmery to get much use out of them. They would just sit in my drawer.

I'm excited to see the lipstick shades in the Holiday Collection and the Punk one. But then again, I'm like, "What other color could they come up with?" lol. I have been wanting a matte version of Film Noir, though...

liba

Between the holiday collection and this one you will haul quite a bit then I bet, I know you love mineralize products too. I actually preferred Naturally over Aprec Chic (less shimmery), so I'm hoping Divine Night will have great products like those. MES like Cloudy Afternoon, or Golden Gaze in fact, that don't have those added glittter particles like recent MES had would be just awesome.

I only have Superb and I'm not a fan. I guess it's just that I'm into more subtle and natural looks these days. I do love me some MSFs, but Superb is too shimmery for me, and admittedly I probably didn't get the hang of it yet how to apply it the right way. I also returned the ED blushes I got, and the e/s already look too shimmery in swatches, I'm more into matte and satin finishes lately. All in all, ED is just not tempting me because I feel like there are so many better options out there for me personally, like I'm really into Shiseido right now. The blushes (plus their white one as a highlighter) and the e/s are so fine and smooth and easy to handle.
Naturally had some nice MES, but those Naturally MBs, like Fresh Honey and Early Morning were just stupendous!!! None of the lipsticks in that collection worked at all for me, though. All were really off for my skin tone and I didn't get any of them. Apres Chic I felt was more balanced, with great colors in the lip products that picked up on all the future trends, while all still staying soft and gentle enough for every day wear and better designed for a range of different skin tones. The shadows weren't crazy glittery for me for some reason - maybe it was just the veining I picked or maybe it was the fact I preferred to wear that batch applied dry and buffed in a bit. And THOSE MBs were somewhat sparkly if you didn't buff them in and not a good choice to wear over foundation, but applied on their own over bare skin, they did absolute miracles for my dry older skin with zero effort. I totally adore them. I'd say it's the best MAC collection I've bought from where I could get the perfect no-makeup makeup look: Amber Glow on the cheeks, Rosy Romance on the lips or maybe Cozy Up and a little Fireside or Winter Pursuit on the eyes with some Night Trail liner. LOVE.

Didn't get any MSFs from either Naturally or Apres Chic - I honestly am not crazy about the older MSFs, at least compared to the newest ones from the past 2 years or so - those are the best. I'm still crazy about Semi Precious Goldstone, Pearl and Crystal Pink, Star Wonder and Light Year and of course, the gorgeoussssss Adored and Rio!!! I don't even touch any of my older MSFs - all of these are so much better!

As for the EDSFs, the newer ones are a little more subtle, but yeah, it's no joke about the ultra wet look they give, especially if applied with Fix+. They're another product I don't really like over foundation much, although strangely, the ED blushes were much more pigmented when worn over some base and honestly looked best that way, I thought.

This is one of the nice things about MAC. I appreciate that there are different products for different skin needs. I can't always wear the beauty powders - some of those just are the wrong texture for my skin, but then there are things like the EDSFs which are great for older skin and the MSFs that can work for many different skin types and requirements.

I remember you speaking highly of the Shiseido blushes. Many years ago, Shiseido (and also Shu Uemura) were considered THE brands for the best face powder and I really love their Retinol face and eye masks - those things work like magic.

xasperadastra

I'm happy for a ED come back! and I hope the mineralize products in the Holiday collection won't be too glittery gritty! Something like last year Heavenly creature would be gorgeous!

luvlydee

I would love some perm coloured mascaras, so I'm really hoping for that with False Lash Colors.
I want them to make colored haute and naughty lash mascaras. I love that mascara and it will also be good for those who want drama or more sublte color to their lashes to use since there are two was to apply this mascara.

Pinkdollface

I want them to make colored haute and naughty lash mascaras. I love that mascara and it will also be good for those who want drama or more sublte color to their lashes to use since there are two was to apply this mascara.
I still haven't tried that one, but I like the idea of having two ways to apply it.

KrystalAnne

With more and more ED products coming out I'm beginning to wonder if they might ever make anything in this formula permanent. I'm excited to see what they come out with now. I love the blushes and the EDSFs but I can't say I've tried enough of the shadows to love/hate them.

liba

I'm excited to see what they come out with now. I love the blushes and the EDSFs but I can't say I've tried enough of the shadows to love/hate them.
I'm glad they're getting into a rhythm with the ED releases at least. Knowing there will be regular new LE MSFs doesn't necessarily make me more choosy about buying them, but it's not that same worry that this might be the last time to see EDSFs so grab 'em all. It seems like we might get 2 collections a year with 'em pretty regularly for now, so the panic level is down.
sweatdrop.gif

Miss Dynamite

I'm excited to see what they come out with now. I love the blushes and the EDSFs but I can't say I've tried enough of the shadows to love/hate them.
Oh I hope so...I was thinking earlier today of all the colors I hope they make in ED eventually. I'd love some more brighter, more pigmented colors, like a coral, bubblegum pink, lavender, orange, red, yellow, etc.

erine1881

[COLOR=CC99FF]Oh I hope so...I was thinking earlier today of all the colors I hope they make in ED eventually.  I'd love some more brighter, more pigmented colors, like a coral, bubblegum pink, lavender, orange, red, yellow, etc[/COLOR].
Ooooooh coral! :drool:

Audrey C

I've grown to love highlighter, but I still don't like glitter or heavily metallic finishes. I really like Definitely Defined though - applied with my fabulous 159. I didn't bother with WoG or Superb when they were launched. Just too wet look metallic for me. I really don't need any more highlighters, but I have a weak spot for special powders so we'll see what the EDSF and MSF are like with this launch.

KrystalAnne

Oh I hope so...I was thinking earlier today of all the colors I hope they make in ED eventually. I'd love some more brighter, more pigmented colors, like a coral, bubblegum pink, lavender, orange, red, yellow, etc.
They should continue to do collections in ED, like maybe a nice spring collection with some of these bright colors in ED. That would be fun! Oh, the possibilities!

On a side note, I want some new tendertones.

KrystalAnne

I like the dual brushes. The formula is pretty nice, but it's thick - not as easy to remove as Opulash. Much more dramatic than Opulash, though.

I'm glad they're getting into a rhythm with the ED releases at least. Knowing there will be regular new LE MSFs doesn't necessarily make me more choosy about buying them, but it's not that same worry that this might be the last time to see EDSFs so grab 'em all. It seems like we might get 2 collections a year with 'em pretty regularly for now, so the panic level is down.
sweatdrop.gif
2 collections a year of ED stuff excites me!