MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

fur4elise

haha I'm like you but I don't print them out but I usually write down all the eyeshadows I want and those that I have and then I look up countless of swatches online or in store to decide which ones I want to add. then I write down and rearrange in a word doc all the shadows that I already have and which ones are my favs they will go directly to one palette etc lol yes I'm a geek too :rolleyes::type: but I do love my mac shadows

^^^^^Yay for a sister super organized beauty geek! :five: Being organized is a happy thing!

Although I am also an avid list maker, I've always been a very strong visual learner...I can retain and recall more information from sketches & images.

leonah

Here is the look in a box called sun siren I just got it. I'm disappointed though that the blush is tiny and it doesn't say anything about that on the site. It's only 2.8 gr/0.10 oz :( still waiting for the natural flare kit. the other items are full sized though if anyone is interested. will probably sell the blush and lipglass anyway but it's alright. look more forward to the natural flare kit

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    535 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

verorl

Here is the look in a box called sun siren I just got it. I'm disappointed though that the blush is tiny and it doesn't say anything about that on the site. It's only 2.8 gr/0.10 oz :( still waiting for the natural flare kit. the other items are full sized though if anyone is interested.

Oh, thatis gorgeous!!!! What colors are those?

leonah

Oh, thatis gorgeous!!!! What colors are those?

some are perm some are new/le for this kit I guess

blush: this is paradise
eyeshadows: peach on the beach & texture
lipstick: vegas volt
lip liner: lasting sensation
lipglass: good times

leonah

^^^^^Yay for a sister super organized beauty geek! :five: Being organized is a happy thing!

Although I am also an avid list maker, I've always been a very strong visual learner...I can retain and recall more information from sketches & images.

I don't usually say this but, yaass!! :D organizing and makeup = love. yes combination of the two is the best though for organizing I think

yay sista :rolleyes: :five:

BeautyFan55

I love organizing my collection too. As far as the MAC shadows are concerned, I've used Excel to plan out my palettes. Each cell is an eye shadow name and I have them arranged like the palettes. I have quite a few colors to pick up yet but I did get to do some damage this weekend.

fur4elise

I love organizing my collection too. As far as the MAC shadows are concerned, I've used Excel to plan out my palettes. Each cell is an eye shadow name and I have them arranged like the palettes. I have quite a few colors to pick up yet but I did get to do some damage this weekend.

Woot woot! Another member of the Sisterhood of the Super Organized!
:five:
My damage is forthcoming! :blush: Thinking about 15 e/s pans plus there are a couple/three/four lip pencils I'd like to get get!
Then I'll have to confess my sins to my peeps over on the low buy thread!
:hide: :tiptoe: :scram:

I don't usually say this but, yaass!! :D organizing and makeup = love. yes combination of the two is the best though for organizing I think

yay sista :rolleyes: :five:

:heart:

Last edited:

Prettypackages

lol...Sorry. I should have copied Monsy's quote. I was asking her as she recently ordered the Nordstrom Now palette. But I should have known you would know too! ;)

Yeah, glued in pans are a total turn off for me as I would end up wrecking the pans trying to get them out! Truth is, I like to rearrange and move colors to my liking and use. Boo on MAC for the glue!

View attachment 53013
YUP! I printed off her images in full color on 11x17 sheets this morning and now have a great way to figure out exactly what I have! I'm such a goof! Does any one else get excited about stuffs like this?!

My damage is forthcoming! :blush: Thinking about 15 e/s pans plus there are a couple/three/four lip pencils I'd like to get get!

Super organized here too!

Can you print and mail me the list? Then go to my house and tell me what I have. LOL. I'm having separation anxiety from my makeup and stuff.

fur4elise

Super organized here too!

Can you print and mail me the list? Then go to my house and tell me what I have. LOL. I'm having separation anxiety from my makeup and stuff.

Oh oh! Poor bubby! (We have no hug emoji???)

Talk about anxiety! When I first started going thru everything! I tossed, gave away & actually sold a ton of things! Good lord! Plus I'm not jumping on every new, latest greatest product for FOMO. I'll just end up with stuff not getting used again. When the YSL & Bite lippies did not work they went back immediately...I have not purchased any Too Faced, Tarte or ND palettes. I'm holding out for practical & super special.
I feel like I'm in a much better place, with a curated usable collection.

leonah

I'm also in the low buy thread so yeah I'm with you! :cool: and I actually think that the more organized you are and planning ahead for example which eyeshadows you're missing and which ones you want really helps not overbuying just because you saw something pretty but you then you end up never using it.. I made those errors before when I just started buying lots of makeup and never thought of dupes and really which colors I like and not just for the hype of it. so my conclusion is that organizing has all its perks :D :rolleyes: :cloud9::five:

lyseD

Idol Eyes, Mylar and Mystery (pans) are in the Goodbye page on MAC Canada.

Crystal Avalanche, Everyone's Darling, Free to Be, Freshwater, Mystery and KID!! (pots).

fur4elise

=leonah;2720457]I'm also in the low buy thread so yeah I'm with you! :cool: and I actually think that the more organized you are and planning ahead for example which eyeshadows you're missing and which ones you want really helps not overbuying just because you saw something pretty but you then you end up never using it.. I made those errors before when I just started buying lots of makeup and never thought of dupes and really which colors I like and not just for the hype of it. so my conclusion is that organizing has all its perks :D :rolleyes: :cloud9::five:

^^^^^I totally agree! :D

:secret: Shsssssshhh! Not too loud or the "Low/No Buy Ladies" will hear...I succumbed!:naughty:

:type: I ordered new empty palettes from MUFE to ditch my dead Z-Palettes and 15 MAC e/s pans to fill some gaps in my collection and replace a couple colors I've killed. I figured that was enough damage for today! I will wait until Otherearthly MSF & the Versicolour lippies are released to get a couple lip pencils.

The upswing is I used my "dekrappifying" funds to pay for my new goodies! No new CC charges!
:yay:

I am stupid excited to get my eye shadows sorted, organized and into new containers! I even ordered an extra palette for my loose blush pans. ;)
:loser: :crazy: :rotfl:

The next thing may be to find some organizers to hold my palettes.
All of my brushes, eyeliners, mascaras & lip stuffs are out in acrylic containers so I can make quick selections...If I can see what I have on hand, I will use it more often!

Last edited:

BeautyFan55

Idol Eyes, Mylar and Mystery (pans) are in the Goodbye page on MAC Canada.

Crystal Avalanche, Everyone's Darling, Free to Be, Freshwater, Mystery and KID!! (pots).

Hhmm, freshwater is still on the US site. I wonder if MAC is going to release new shades. They seem to be discontinuing an awful lot of shades this year. Or maybe I never paid attention.

Anyway, I found luck in store. Folie had been long gone on the site, for a few weeks I think. But my store had it in stock. So I suggest people check the stores or call to if DC'd shades are still around.

lilinah

Sigh. I'm going to be very busy traveling this summer. It will be good, but that means i can't buy much makeup, because registration fees and gasoline will eat my money. Not as if i need more makeup, but i LOVE colors and playing with COLORS. I confess most of the MAC stuff i have (and i have too much) is from LE collections.

But it's great to see all those perm eyeshadows because i do have stuff on my wish list and this may help me narrow it down.

Now i have to double check and see if i have DC'd items on my list and pick them up when i can.

Latest posts