MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2017

Mac-Guy

I would love to see another designer collaboration again including special packaging. I am happy to pay couture prices if the design is nice.

violetta

I really hope that MAC Girls is not the Fall collection.

Mac-Guy , I went to my local freestanding MAC location today, and asked about the fall collection, and was informed that there will be no fall collection this year.
It's all or nothing with MAC's marketing this year. I do not like this new direction. C'est dommage .

Miss Dynamite

Mac-Guy , I went to my local freestanding MAC location today, and asked about the fall collection, and was informed that there will be no fall collection this year.
It's all or nothing with MAC's marketing this year. I do not like this new direction. C'est dommage .
I don't know why they make things worse for themselves when their sales are already really bad and they keep having to discount everything or get rid of tons of permanent items. You would think they'd be trying to make great collections to keep customers.

Mac-Guy

Thanks for letting us know. It's a pity, especially as the Holiday collection is not exciting either. Too bad.

Mac-Guy

I don't know why they make things worse for themselves when their sales are already really bad and they keep having to discount everything or get rid of tons of permanent items. You would think they'd be trying to make great collections to keep customers.

I remember when everybody was complaining about too many collections - just a few years ago. Now it is just the opposite with the lack of releases. I wish MAC would bring back the good old times with 2 - 3 collection releases per month.

Mac-Guy

Hopefully MAC will step up their game again. I rather prefer collection overload and being selective instead of random collections where the most exciting item is Fix+.

Miss Dynamite

I remember when everybody was complaining about too many collections - just a few years ago. Now it is just the opposite with the lack of releases. I wish MAC would bring back the good old times with 2 - 3 collection releases per month.
Sometimes they did have too many collections...but no big fall collection? That is a huge mistake. They are barely releasing anything, and most of what they are releasing is boring. I really loved Work It Out, Metallic Lips and the re-release of Dazzleglass though. I want more stuff like that and definitely less of them repromoting tons of permanent items in almost every collection.

Sweetyellow

I think 4 seasonal collections with 2-3 collections in between would be ideal but MAC needs to get better with following the movement or momentum of trends. For instance, this Fall season they should've released a collection featuring various shades of nude for different skintones like nude eyeshadows (think saddle, soft brown, tete a tint, etc), some nude shade paintpots, nude lipsticks, nude blushes, and nude vamplify lipglosses. Instead, here we are waiting for Taraji's Viva Glam that looks very similar to Riri's Viva Glam. This is sad.

mac_aiken

MAC was my first cosmetic love but lately it doesn't excite me. I'm not in their preferred demographic anymore and I find them less and less exciting with each release. It's sad. I've lost interest due to the "super bloggers " (one in particular). What really breaks my heart is to see the impact on great communities like Specktra.

Miss Dynamite

I think 4 seasonal collections with 2-3 collections in between would be ideal but MAC needs to get better with following the movement or momentum of trends. For instance, this Fall season they should've released a collection featuring various shades of nude for different skintones like nude eyeshadows (think saddle, soft brown, tete a tint, etc), some nude shade paintpots, nude lipsticks, nude blushes, and nude vamplify lipglosses. Instead, here we are waiting for Taraji's Viva Glam that looks very similar to Riri's Viva Glam. This is sad.
There are a bunch of nude lipsticks coming out...doesn't look at all interesting to me, I'd rather have shades of purple or red.

elegant-one

MAC was my first cosmetic love but lately it doesn't excite me. I'm not in their preferred demographic anymore and I find them less and less exciting with each release. It's sad. I've lost interest due to the "super bloggers " (one in particular). What really breaks my heart is to see the impact on great communities like Specktra.

:wavey: I haven't even been in the MAC threads for a long time & was just coming here to post that I have fallen out of love with MAC. I haven't bought hardly anything from them. I still have other rabbit holes I go down, but MAC isn't one of them. :kisskiss::kisskiss: Miss you my dear friend!!!

Did you get the new Burberry blush & Guerlain Birthday Ballz???

Rinstar

:shakehead::doh::plthumbsdown::wtf:

verorl

Ugh, so disappointing... usually the big fall collection was my favorite of all year, and I would get most of it.

I hate the Girls palettes, the few I find pretty are super dupable and I already have several ways I can recreate them, all with MAC products, so nothing original. Plus the packaging looks so cheap! Temptalia confirmed it is cardboard. Really MAC? CARDBOARD???? I'm not getting any.

I will lose my Obsessed status too, and if they keep it up like this, I won't care.

Latest posts