MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2017

missjulie

Supposedly, Among the Fireflies, which was part of the Faerie Whispers collection will be one of the nude lipsticks coming this fall.

fur4elise

From what I understand, it's pretty much an insult, saying that person is not special and is unlikable.

I think the bolded is pretty correct..."Oh that is so basic!" Meaning boring, unoriginal...However what MAC is trying to do here is make the name of the palette appealing and even though the shades contained within are "basic" neutral colors you can still create a great look. I'm not buying it and I am not buying the palette either...LOL!

fur4elise

Here is another that was not in the post from the other day, Rockin' Rebel.
Officially the MAC Girls Collection Summer 2017
summer-2017_mac-girls_007_promo.jpg

summer-2017_mac-girls_001_promo.jpg

(temptalia)

Honi

Those palettes read so juvenile to me, not feeling it at all (And I'm wearing a China Glaze x My little pony nailpolish right now..). :D

fur4elise

So was Lauder with Kendall Jenner and the Estee Edit line. Must have been a dud. It is all being clearance out.

There was one gem out of that release/line, the Gritty & Glow dual palettes! It actually rivals the VB x Lauder e/s palette that was priced high end/luxury.

lyseD

Can anyone enlighten me (I'm not a native speaker) what the connotation is behind the whole basic bitch thing? Obviously I understand the words, but not the concept.

[h=3]What is a basic bitch?[/h] Urban Dictionary (aka the bible of bluntly identifying this generation’s popular slang) defines a basic bitch as someone who engages in unoriginal behaviors, modes of dress, topics of conversation, and interests. This person thinks that they are a perfect catch but in reality they wouldn’t even create a spark of interest from someone who partakes in other activities besides melting into the status quo of a mainstream agenda.

Miss Dynamite

Thanks. I was not sure if they were just delayed or for the Asian market only.

I'm still hoping we get them someday, I really want them. I'll post if I ever find out any info about them but nobody seems to really be talking about them anymore.

Rinstar

I like the Mischief Minx palette kinda and the name is actually one of the cuter ones. Might pick that up, but don't really need it at all ever. LOL.

sagehen

What is a basic bitch?

Urban Dictionary (aka the bible of bluntly identifying this generation’s popular slang) defines a basic bitch as someone who engages in unoriginal behaviors, modes of dress, topics of conversation, and interests. This person thinks that they are a perfect catch but in reality they wouldn’t even create a spark of interest from someone who partakes in other activities besides melting into the status quo of a mainstream agenda.
See, and this is why I am trying to figure out why, with such a negative connotation, MAC would name any product Basic B*tch. Why would one want to buy such a thing and or be associated with it? Am I missing some social/societal commentary here about smoky eyes being passe? Am I overthinking it? Possibly.

Anneri

I'm still hoping we get them someday, I really want them. I'll post if I ever find out any info about them but nobody seems to really be talking about them anymore.
I actually picked one up when I was in Seoul and trust me, it's nothing special.

Latest posts