MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2017

Mac-Guy

I bought the rollerwheel liner in brown. My first attempt was a disaster, the second was better however it's not worth it for me as I can achieve a better more consistent result with my other liners. Also if one eye turns out well it's hard to match the other. I would be surprised if this product was an improvement for anyone compared to standard liners.

I think it will take practice - as with any other liner. My fear would be that once you like it, MAC d/c the product.

Audrey C

I can't believe people are trying to say that Bitch is worse than names like Orgasm, Deepthroat, Druggie, Speedball, LSD, Roach, 69, Peyote, Bender, Blunt, Laced, Kush, Baked, Narcotic, Virgin and Bootycall. Yeah, the Basic Bitch palette is kinda iffy, but honestly...MAC has the tamest names out of most of the makeup companies I've bought from. At first I was kinda annoyed until I really thought about it.

It's not so much the word, as the packaging. Yes, UD uses shade names with sexual or drug connotations. They don't, however, plaster 'DEEP THROAT' across the cover of the Naked Palette. If they did, I wouldn't buy it. I don't care if the underside of my blush says that in small print. That's not a reason to be embarrassed if I pull it out to touch up my makeup at the office or the gym.

Meh. They can do what they like. It's not MF'r or anything patently vulgar, but it's enough to prevent me from buying one for myself or my daughter. Maybe some find it fun and edgy, and I can respect that. For me, the packaging doesn't look like something from an established mid-market brand. I left my Bonne Bell lip smacker days behind me a long time ago, and it reminds me of that with an attempt at being cool. Kind of like when 13 year-olds swear, but look foolish instead of adult, you know?

Miss Dynamite

It's not so much the word, as the packaging. Yes, UD uses shade names with sexual or drug connotations. They don't, however, plaster 'DEEP THROAT' across the cover of the Naked Palette. If they did, I wouldn't buy it. I don't care if the underside of my blush says that in small print. That's not a reason to be embarrassed if I pull it out to touch up my makeup at the office or the gym.

Meh. They can do what they like. It's not MF'r or anything patently vulgar, but it's enough to prevent me from buying one for myself or my daughter. Maybe some find it fun and edgy, and I can respect that. For me, the packaging doesn't look like something from an established mid-market brand. I left my Bonne Bell lip smacker days behind me a long time ago, and it reminds me of that with an attempt at being cool. Kind of like when 13 year-olds swear, but look foolish instead of adult, you know?

Yeah, that makes sense. I did get the Fashion Fanatic palette and the packaging isn't all that bad, seems sturdy enough. But I'll buy pretty much anything from MAC if the color is cute...including about 20 near identical lavender lipsticks.

fur4elise

Yeah, I got a few of them for my birthday haul. For anybody who likes pink eyeshadow, you should definitely get Cherry Topped, WOW it is gorgeous! They also got pro pans of the small blushes, but they are trying to charge $17 for them, despite the pots being $16 and them being the same size of an eyeshadow. I contacted them about it almost 2 weeks ago and they still haven't fixed it...so I'm hoping more people notice and bitch about it.

I totally missed your post! Thank you for the update. There are definitely a few shades I would like to add to my custom palette! :tee:

Audrey C

Yeah, that makes sense. I did get the Fashion Fanatic palette and the packaging isn't all that bad, seems sturdy enough. But I'll buy pretty much anything from MAC if the color is cute...including about 20 near identical lavender lipsticks.

I was really just referring to the Basic Bitch palette. I have no issue with the Fashion Fanatic palette at all. I don't love cardboard in general, but if I really love the palette I will occasionally buy it.

Mac-Guy

So excited for these. I'm not crazy about the limited run as I could see myself repurchasing these. Oh well. I am glad that they are listing dates of availability lately.

They've been doing this for a long time. It only means that you can purchase the product in case it is still available. If the product runs out before, you might be out of luck - despite the fact that it is "still available until day x." If you like it, get BU's like in good old times. :-D

fur4elise

So excited for these. I'm not crazy about the limited run as I could see myself repurchasing these. Oh well. I am glad that they are listing dates of availability lately.

I think it's hit or miss these days. I just saw that a bunch of the holiday MC collection & the first Taraji lip duo are still available at Saks.
:tee:

For anyone interested MAC will be on hautelook again today @ 11 am est.

Mac-Guy

Idk if it's a bug or what, but when I made an order yesterday, the sample page never came up. Haven't tried yet today.

I don't care too much about samples as they are always the same choices. It would be fantastic to have different choices of strobe creams, etc.

Miss Dynamite

I don't care too much about samples as they are always the same choices. It would be fantastic to have different choices of strobe creams, etc.
I would love if they had all the different strobe creams or maybe a mini lip primer or those lipstick sample things once in a while, but with different lipsticks each time. I usually pick prep and prime and strobe cream, now the makeup remover since they got rid of strobe cream. Oh and I tried today, now the samples are back. Must have just been a bug.

violetta

When I went to m local MAC store on last Thursday I again asked about a fall collection, this time the SA told me something about a collection
that MAC hinted at but MAC would not disclose details .I think I know what it is : Nikki Minaj Collection ( yea! ) available around Sept. 7
There are details on a ``certain`` instagram page.

fur4elise

​Not being coy about it. Trendmood has two posts alluding to a nude NM x MAC collection. 6 glosses, 2 amplified, & 18 lipsticks (new & repromotes). On around same date as Taraji's Viva Glam release.

Latest posts