MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

kimibos

i found this article in a spanish magazine, they're talking about some of the new collections that are coming up. some already mentioned here like s3c3, vera and chen man. what got my attention was the too supreme one, which includes the sheen supreme lipglass with a pen like applicator with a limited life of 6 months. (thats what the article says!)

http://vmagazinespain.com/2012/01/un-nuevo-ano-con-m%C2%B7a%C2%B7c/

pemily

I read it as saying that they will come out in 6 months not that they expire in 6 months??

thanks for the link :)

i found this article in a spanish magazine, they're talking about some of the new collections that are coming up. some already mentioned here like s3c3, vera and chen man. what got my attention was the too supreme one, which includes the sheen supreme lipglass with a pen like applicator with a limited life of 6 months. (thats what the article says!)

CristianosMom

It is saying they will be released in 6 months and they are limited edition and that the Sheen Supreme lipsticks are permanent. It didn't say anything about how long they would last :)

MACcrazy

It looks pretty (the pen sheen supreme) but kinda on the sheer side so I'm all iffy....but with swatches and a color story I'll look back on this post and probably think I was crazy as I play around with each and every shade of the collection

OctoberViolet

Tx for the link kimibos! I am excited to see all the new colors and products.

princess sarah

Thankyou so much for the link... Mac has exciting stuff coming out this year!!

wishonastar

Those pen glosses look beautiful, I'm looking forward to them. They look like jelly or a watery texture, really nice. I love the Chenman promo pic, the photoshop work is fantastic... the makeup looks good too lol.

Mac-Guy

What's interesting is that the MU in the Chen Man promo does not look like mineralize make up at all. Maybe we get some regular e/s as well?

martiangurll

Those pen glosses look beautiful, I'm looking forward to them. They look like jelly or a watery texture, really nice. I love the Chenman promo pic, the photoshop work is fantastic... the makeup looks good too lol.

My OCD is liking the pen formula--hope it dispenses the right amount of product, but love the hygienic aspect. That was the real reason I balked on the new MAC eye cream: I hate jar packaging!

Mac-Guy

My OCD is liking the pen formula--hope it dispenses the right amount of product, but love the hygienic aspect. That was the real reason I balked on the new MAC eye cream: I hate jar packaging!
Maybe it's a twist pen, where you can somehow control the amount - similar to concealer brush pens. At least, they are much easier to disinfect.

Personally, I would never use a gloss straight out from the tube and apply it on my lips. I always use a clean brush and throw-away pencils. Reading about "funky smelling l/g" just gives me the creeps as I imagine all sorts of bacteria growing in a tube that happily found fertile ground in combination of gloss and bread crumbs which found their way into the tube.
puke.gif

For that very reason, I can't wait to get a pen like formula!

Anitacska

Color Craft was like that. They actually did the make up for the promo shots with Ben Nye make up. http://www.temptalia.com/mac-colour-craft-collection-backstage-at-the-photoshoot So don't get your hopes up for regular e/s. I'm happy with the MES, I love MES myself, just saying though.

What's interesting is that the MU in the Chen Man promo does not look like mineralize make up at all. Maybe we get some regular e/s as well?

2browneyes

Does that promo pic for Too Supreme remind anyone else of the lipglass formula that the Tour de Fab collection was supposed to be like? I wonder if we're gonna get to try the new formula afterall....

LMD84

Maybe it's a twist pen, where you can somehow control the amount - similar to concealer brush pens. At least, they are much easier to disinfect.
Personally, I would never use a gloss straight out from the tube and apply it on my lips. I always use a clean brush and throw-away pencils. Reading about "funky smelling l/g" just gives me the creeps as I imagine all sorts of bacteria growing in a tube that happily found fertile ground in combination of gloss and bread crumbs which found their way into the tube.
puke.gif

yuck, yuck, yuck!!!!

MRV

Could it be a roller ball since they say that the aplicatior is in the form of a 'ball point pen'?

martiangurll

puke.gif

When I read this kind of comment, it really grosses me out and I agree. I am cringing and shaking just thinking about it (and feeling crawlies on my skin) If I dwell too much, I will not be able to get anything in jar packaging. Ever since your comments, I have been using clean applicators only for all jar stuff, esp. paintpots, etc. I have some t/t that are already contaminated (yuck) so those may have to go B2M after these thoughts start making circles in my head. Maybe I need some Luvox or other medication for obsessional thinking...

pemily

puke.gif

A bit too much!!!
thats disgusting .. My brushes are always cleaned before they go into anything and just used on me so all good!!!!

Latest posts