MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

commandolando

HEY SAILOR?! this collection was made for me! i'm OBSESSED with all things nautical and ocean related! i even have anchor tattoos! i hope its l/e navy blue packaging with an anchor somewhere on the pkg.

i can confirm the vera collection . launching in feb along with nicki and ricky i can also confirm the summer collection called hey sailor. a new mascara called zoom waterfast lash. i know forgot the other collection names i but i will find out and let the admins know :)

martiangurll

Isn't there a lipgloss called Hey, Sailor? That has to be repromoted; just look at the collection name!!! :D

Yes, it was before my time but I loved all the NN products I have slowly scraped up--esp. Port Red. Hey Sailor was a great lipglass, not especially unique, but a nautical themed collection would be cool. Even cooler if it had special packaging with little anchors or sailboats on it :)

LMD84

i can confirm the vera collection . launching in feb along with nicki and ricky i can also confirm the summer collection called hey sailor. a new mascara called zoom waterfast lash. i know forgot the other collection names i but i will find out and let the admins know :)

awesome! Hey Sailor sounds like a great name.... and if they bring back some of the NN collection i'll be very happy!

martiangurll

Anyone try the eye cream from the Mineralize Skin care collection? I had a bit put on my hand in the store on Sunday and it was really moisturizine, wanted it, but wanted the LE color products first. I did cave and get the Mineralized charged water, going to try that as an alternative to Fix+ (it smells really nice!)

liba

Anyone try the eye cream from the Mineralize Skin care collection? I had a bit put on my hand in the store on Sunday and it was really moisturizine, wanted it, but wanted the LE color products first. I did cave and get the Mineralized charged water, going to try that as an alternative to Fix+ (it smells really nice!)
I've been using the sample I got - in fact, I was hoping there would be an individual thread for this collection of skin care.

I'm a huge eye cream snob. I usually want it to do 50 different things all at once. I used different Clarins creams for many years and lately they weren't enough so I started using Nia 24 Eye Repair, since I needed something that depuffed plus lightened some pigmented bits (it's got caffein in it, which always works well for me).

HOWEVER, I am extremely impressed with the new Mineralize eye cream!!! It doesn't have caffein in it, like Fast Response (which was great, but couldn't be used on its own - too drying - always had to use it along with eye cream) but it's been WAY WAY better on hydrating and reducing lines than the other creams I've used, including Clarin's red line and Nia, which people usually rave about. I've got a few deep lines in the corners of my eyes that literally disappeared after 2 applications of this cream
icon_eek.gif
. I was shocked, because I've not been able to do a thing about those particular lines for years and here's a reasonably priced product that took care of them in a flash. Mind = blown.

It's got a thicker formula than the other creams I've been used to, but it doesn't feel heavy or petroleum jelly-like when it's applied - it feels just as light and soothing as more lotion-like consistencies do on me (I'm fussy - eye cream has to feel soothing going on for me or I won't buy it). It's super hydrating - I'd say that's it's main feature, but it's a bit light reflective and it's good for getting rid of excess dark circles as well as eradicating those deep lines. Like I said, no caffein in it, but I think it's got some other de-puffing stuff in it, although I wouldn't say that's its number one feature. All in all, I am for sure going to buy a jar of it when I'm out of the Nia 24 - it's far superior to it for someone who needs plenty of hydration and at half the price. I'm only sorry it's in a jar rather than a tube, since it's a pain to always have to use a swab or spatula to take some out. Color me impressed.

MACcrazy

Hey Sailor sounds like the cutest name! I just picture olden time sailor boy outfits. I hope that they have models wearing outfits like that but maybe they'll do modern mac twist on it? I can just picture little sailor hats that say mac that double as makeup bags
clapping.gif

Thia Winter

I've been using the sample I got - in fact, I was hoping there would be an individual thread for this collection of skin care.
I'm a huge eye cream snob. I usually want it to do 50 different things all at once. I used different Clarins creams for many years and lately they weren't enough so I started using Nia 24 Eye Repair, since I needed something that depuffed plus lightened some pigmented bits (it's got caffein in it, which always works well for me).

HOWEVER, I am extremely impressed with the new Mineralize eye cream!!! It doesn't have caffein in it, like Fast Response (which was great, but couldn't be used on its own - too drying - always had to use it along with eye cream) but it's been WAY WAY better on hydrating and reducing lines than the other creams I've used, including Clarin's red line and Nia, which people usually rave about. I've got a few deep lines in the corners of my eyes that literally disappeared after 2 applications of this cream
icon_eek.gif
. I was shocked, because I've not been able to do a thing about those particular lines for years and here's a reasonably priced product that took care of them in a flash. Mind = blown.

It's got a thicker formula than the other creams I've been used to, but it doesn't feel heavy or petroleum jelly-like when it's applied - it feels just as light and soothing as more lotion-like consistencies do on me (I'm fussy - eye cream has to feel soothing going on for me or I won't buy it). It's super hydrating - I'd say that's it's main feature, but it's a bit light reflective and it's good for getting rid of excess dark circles as well as eradicating those deep lines. Like I said, no caffein in it, but I think it's got some other de-puffing stuff in it, although I wouldn't say that's its number one feature. All in all, I am for sure going to buy a jar of it when I'm out of the Nia 24 - it's far superior to it for someone who needs plenty of hydration and at half the price. I'm only sorry it's in a jar rather than a tube, since it's a pain to always have to use a swab or spatula to take some out. Color me impressed.
Another impressed here I got the eye cream and the gel moisturizer and use both....but my eye cream box says it does have caffeine in it. My eye area actually likes caffeine though so it's ok.

GlamQueen21

I cannot wait to hear more about Hey Sailor Collection! Hopefully MAC will repromote some of the Naughty Nautical products like Cool Heat e/s!

liba

Another impressed here I got the eye cream and the gel moisturizer and use both....but my eye cream box says it does have caffeine in it. My eye area actually likes caffeine though so it's ok.
oh good - glad to hear it does. i asked the MA who was helping me if it did and she pulled out a box to check but I guess she missed it when she was looking over the ingredients.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hey Sailor sounds like it would be a good opportunity to repromote some of the NN things, but there will have to be new stuff as well. I hope that they bring back Illegal Cargo e/s, which is one of my all-time favourites. Such a beautiful, nuanced purple. And I want the original back, not the version that came out with the Glitter & Ice palette!

Thia Winter

oh good - glad to hear it does. i asked the MA who was helping me if it did and she pulled out a box to check but I guess she missed it when she was looking over the ingredients.

I always look for eye creams with caffeine, since I can't use retinols due to sensitive skin. So far so good though.....this stuff is MAGIC....

Rinstar

Sounds like I need that eye cream! I need lots and lots of moisture in the eye area. Sounds perfect for me. Hey, Sailor! Sounds awesome to me too! :eyelove:

martiangurll

E gads, I know Ima go back and fork out 35$ for that eye cream. Oh well, my haggly eye tissues need moisture and MAC creams are da bomb...and yes, the mineralz gimmick will enthrall me as well. It looks as if I am almost out of my EL cream anyway, so I *need* this new product.

Mac-Guy

E gads, I know Ima go back and fork out 35$ for that eye cream. Oh well, my haggly eye tissues need moisture and MAC creams are da bomb...and yes, the mineralz gimmick will enthrall me as well. It looks as if I am almost out of my EL cream anyway, so I *need* this new product.

As long as you finish your old e/c before purchasing or starting a new one, you are on the good side. I only buy/open new products when I finish old ones - unless they irritate my skin. Sometimes I'm amazed how long a product can last when you want to finish it though, lol.