pemily

Yeah baby! With the red anchor of course like Pemily says

I'm thinking blue and white stripe e/s case with a red anchor stuck on lid

MACina

iagree.gif
iagree.gif
iagree.gif

A bit too much!!!
thats disgusting .. My brushes are always cleaned before they go into anything and just used on me so all good!!!!

Mac-Guy

A bit too much!!!
thats disgusting .. My brushes are always cleaned before they go into anything and just used on me so all good!!!!

I was not referring to separate lip brushes, but the applicators. I'd say that most people who use the applicator that comes with the l/g to apply the product directly to the lips won't take the time to clean it before stuffing it back into the tube, LOL.

Anitacska

Why would anyone have breadcrumbs in their lipgloss? I apply gloss straight from the tube, don't clean the applicator and yet, they're all fine. I don't put the gloss on my dirty lips, plus it's just my bacteria anyway, there's probably way more on my hands than the lipgloss wand.

I do wonder about those who use disposable applicators all the time, do they not worry about the environment? :( All that stuff thrown away for no good reason. :S

Maybe it's a twist pen, where you can somehow control the amount - similar to concealer brush pens. At least, they are much easier to disinfect.
Personally, I would never use a gloss straight out from the tube and apply it on my lips. I always use a clean brush and throw-away pencils. Reading about "funky smelling l/g" just gives me the creeps as I imagine all sorts of bacteria growing in a tube that happily found fertile ground in combination of gloss and bread crumbs which found their way into the tube.
puke.gif

For that very reason, I can't wait to get a pen like formula!

banana1234

yes i agree, i feel bad enough using facial wipes, think of the litter! and those wands are plastic. so its not like they biodegrade

liba

Personally, I'll clean off my l/g applicator if I've applied it on top of any other product. I don't want any lipstick color or formula mixed in with my glosses, in particular. Whether this keeps my glosses more hygenic too, I can't be sure, but I've never once had a MAC lipglass, cremesheen, plush glass, dare to wear, Kissable or dazzleglass go bad on me, so I must be doing something right????

If I was doing makeup for someone else, for sure I'd never in a million years use the applicator from the tube. I'd scrape some out of the tube with some sort of non-porous spatula and then use a brush.

LMD84

who wants to take bets that some how mac make the packaging for the summer collection orange some how??

ah ha ha! oh lordy I hope they don't! I love orange! I really do, however I have seen it far too much from MAC over the past few years :)

And that is also one of the reasons why I rarely layer a gloss over a lipstick - I don't like messing up the glosses wand!!

Anitacska

Yes, sure if it was for someone else, I would use a separate lipbrush or something, but on myself I just don't see the point. I have a lot of glosses and I very rarely throw one out because it had gone off, and those are usually the cheapo ones (plus The Body Shop ones for some reason, those reek so bad after a while, yuck).

Personally, I'll clean off my l/g applicator if I've applied it on top of any other product. I don't want any lipstick color or formula mixed in with my glosses, in particular. Whether this keeps my glosses more hygenic too, I can't be sure, but I've never once had a MAC lipglass, cremesheen, plush glass, dare to wear, Kissable or dazzleglass go bad on me, so I must be doing something right????

If I was doing makeup for someone else, for sure I'd never in a million years use the applicator from the tube. I'd scrape some out of the tube with some sort of non-porous spatula and then use a brush.

katred

Specktra Bestie

I wondered the same thing. I don't tend to like layering product, but when I do I just give the gloss brush a good wipe down and that seems to do the trick. It's bad enough that all the containers I have will eventually be waste, I don't need to add to it!

Mac-Guy

A lip brush will do the trick w/o creating any extra waste, though it certainly depends on the situation if I use a disposable or a brush. I agree with y'all that the environment is very important, but if in doubt, hygiene still comes first for me.

pemily

I'm anal with cleaning... My bf has a really bad habit of stealing my rolls of paper towels for in the kitchen... Once he takes them out my room and puts them in the kitchen I will not use them again as I worry about oil food etc being on the outer rims lol

PinkBasset

One can try to be ecological and hygienic at the same time, although this whole cosmetic world is not the most ecological world. Environment is something that we should definitely not forget. I do not use disposables on myself, I find it absurd. I do keep my products well taken care of, but I wont go crazy with it. It's me and my body that I live in everyday, if I can't bare to touch my face in fear of bacteria then I couldn't live very happy life. Hygiene is nice and important, but not something to be mental about. Of course it's a different story when using products on other people, that I can understand not wanting to share your lipgloss with hundred people.

Mac-Guy

ah ha ha! oh lordy I hope they don't! I love orange! I really do, however I have seen it far too much from MAC over the past few years :)

And that is also one of the reasons why I rarely layer a gloss over a lipstick - I don't like messing up the glosses wand!!

No more orange please, but not too crazy patterns either, unless it is a stylish one like the Catherine Deneuve collection. Maybe a light blue one would be nice.

pemily

I agree with you!!!
i went to a dr for my milia and started to talk about trying to combat breakouts I suggested using different detergents etc etc and she was like don't go too far!! Some germs are good if you go crazy when you head overseas you will get extremely sick. A lil bacteria is good for the immune system. My sis In law is the only one that comes near my makeup other than me and I cleanse her face and lips first
One can try to be ecological and hygienic at the same time, although this whole cosmetic world is not the most ecological world. Environment is something that we should definitely not forget. I do not use disposables on myself, I find it absurd. I do keep my products well taken care of, but I wont go crazy with it. It's me and my body that I live in everyday, if I can't bare to touch my face in fear of bacteria then I couldn't live very happy life. Hygiene is nice and important, but not something to be mental about. Of course it's a different story when using products on other people, that I can understand not wanting to share your lipgloss with hundred people.

katred

Specktra Bestie
No more orange please, but not too crazy patterns either, unless it is a stylish one like the Catherine Deneuve collection. Maybe a light blue one would be nice.

It's funny, because orange is the "it" colour this year, I think it would be hilarious if Mac decided to use another colour. A nice light pool blue would be really nice, actually.

Latest posts