MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

Edelmc

New products for Spring/Summer 2013: - Feelin’ So Good Lipglass - Firm Form Lipstick - Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation - Summer Sweetheart Lipglass - Golden Elixir Strobe Liquid for a “Madonna cheek-effect" - Deep Dark Brunette Fluidline Brow - Deep Dark Brunette Luxe Brow Pencil - Lady at Play Mineralize Rich Lipstick* * I put my money on LaP to be the next hyped Spring lippie
I have my fingers crossed that the new mineralized foundation is launched in nw15- they don't always release their foundations in nw15 and it's really frustrating

Mac-Guy

I have my fingers crossed that the new mineralized foundation is launched in nw15- they don't always release their foundations in nw15 and it's really frustrating
Was the old mineralize foundation not available in NW15?

fieran

Lucky you. Unfortunately, I can't leave dewy because I go from that to 'WTF did my makeup go' in no time at all. I use primer for oily skin and either F&B (my favourite even skinned no makeup look) or Matchmaster. I then use either blot powder or translucent powder (not heavily, because I hate that visible powder look) and I still need to blot by the time I get to the office. It's ridiculous. I'm 45. When is this going to stop?!
cry.gif

My fave MUA taught me to not brush blot powder on but instead pack it against my skin, if that makes sense. It's still not visible, but it gets more in there. I still go through gazillions of blotting sheets.

If I had drier skin, I'd probably like dewy more. As it is, it provokes a WTF - ALREADY?! response.
rants.gif

Absolutely - I do it all the time. When a want a matter or longer lasting look, I use Matchmaster.

I do the same. I apply blush and MSF before setting powder. It also helps them adhere.
I don't like the matte powdered look either; I go for a more natural powdered look (if that makes sense). Even at that, I'll look 'dewy' (nicer word than oily) again in the t-zone and on my upper cheeks within an hour with F&B.
AudreyC :) I have the same problem as you. I'm constantly oily. I've been playing around with various primers like the Prep + Prime Natural Radiance, NARS's Oil Free Pore Refining Primer, Estee Lauder's Matte Perfecting Primer and Bare Escentuals Primer (the normal one, not oil controlling). These are all pretty good at getting me one step closer to being less oily and requiring less blotting sheets.

Another thing that has worked very well for me is the Origins Checks & Balances cleanser. It reduces my oiliness like no other skin cleanser.

I get what you mean by the too matte look vs. natural powdered look. A too matte finish makes me look so dull and moody :)

shadowaddict

^^Another good primer for oily skin is Hourglass..ok the rest of the name left me. Sorry 50 minute sleep due to stalking the MAC site. I'm trying thisprimer now with different products. I bought the smaller size at Sephora. It somes out about the same price. I have tried so many primers in all price ranges and have found nothing that works well with my oily skin.

Chanel discontinued the two lightest shades of their Mat Lum foundation and the lightest was a great match for me. So now I'm giving Dior fusion a go. The lightest is a good match, just trying to see what sunscreen and such that will wear well with it for me. I've been mixing it with a Kevin Aucoin foundation and getting good coverage but need a sunscreen.

I haven't used MAC's Studio Moisture Fix spf 15. I've heard its good for oily skin.

Also MAC needs to come out with some paler shades in their foundations. They have such a massive selection but somehow miss the mark in the pale shades.

Ok, I just popped on here and saw this. So if it has nothing to do with what you guys were talking about please ignore, no sleep + no brain function.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
If I remember correctly from seeing a face chart Embrace Me lip pencil will come back again next spring, for anyone who missed out or needs a BU.

martiangurll

New products for Spring/Summer 2013:

- Feelin’ So Good Lipglass
- Firm Form Lipstick
- Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation
- Summer Sweetheart Lipglass
- Golden Elixir Strobe Liquid for a “Madonna cheek-effect"
- Deep Dark Brunette Fluidline Brow
- Deep Dark Brunette Luxe Brow Pencil
- Lady at Play Mineralize Rich Lipstick*

* I put my money on LaP to be the next hyped Spring lippie
I am pleasantly perplexed and pondering what is meant by that? I am picturing the baroque madonna paintings with the lit from above look and wondering if that is what is meant? Of course if it is strobe cream, I can't wear that under foundation or it will make everything slide right off. Unless it is some kind of new formulation...

sherm

I just picked up Embrace Me at one of my local CCOs! So excited to have it with my bright lippies!

Funtabulous

AudreyC :) I have the same problem as you. I'm constantly oily. I've been playing around with various primers like the Prep + Prime Natural Radiance, NARS's Oil Free Pore Refining Primer, Estee Lauder's Matte Perfecting Primer and Bare Escentuals Primer (the normal one, not oil controlling). These are all pretty good at getting me one step closer to being less oily and requiring less blotting sheets.

Another thing that has worked very well for me is the Origins Checks & Balances cleanser. It reduces my oiliness like no other skin cleanser.

I get what you mean by the too matte look vs. natural powdered look. A too matte finish makes me look so dull and moody :)
I've always had terribly oily skin, until I tried spironolactone, a prescription med. It has helped me so much, that I want to recommended it to everyone who has oily skin. I wish I would have tried it YEARS ago. It lowers the hormones responsible for the oil, plus I found it even helped my mood.

Seriously... I would suggest looking into it at least. Amazing.

Here are some reviews...
http://www.acne.org/spironolactone-reviews/305/page1.html

Just thought I'd share, because I struggled for far too long, until I found this.