MAC Extra Dimension discussion

PixieDancer

I KNOW!! You definitely got me lusting after Sweet Heat! For sure skipping Aloha stack from Vera now (maybe just get some samples) to go for these... Looks like plenty of gorgeous neutrals to love! I will probably end up with at least 75% of this collection. Everytime I think I've hauled too much from a new collection, another one pops up that is more damaging than the last!!

i don't know what i am more excited for... the shadows or the msf's! :p

EngineerBarbie

This collection was totally off of my radar until I saw the return of the Split Fibre 128 and 234 brushes!!! I use these two so much and only got one of each before they sold out. Time to back these suckers up like twice over!

bis

Do you have Gilt By Association MES? I think you could have that transparent-black-with-gold-shimmer-look with that particular MES. Also the Black Diamond big bounce is sheer black, but it has silver shimmer.
Oh, that sounds good, off to check if I can get some of the BB shadows. Thanks :)

Almus

The model in this pic is wearing an extra dimension eyeshadow, ¡Looks beautiful!

http://fashioncopious.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ef96453883401630153a042970d-popup

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The model in this pic is wearing an extra dimension eyeshadow, ¡Looks beautiful!

http://fashioncopious.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ef96453883401630153a042970d-popup

Wow, looks really pretty! Harvana is back on my list.
amuse.gif

Copperhead

This collection was totally off of my radar until I saw the return of the Split Fibre 128 and 234 brushes!!! I use these two so much and only got one of each before they sold out. Time to back these suckers up like twice over!

Knowing MAC, they'll probably differ from the original ones. Kind of like what happened with the 226's. Hopefully not though.

liba

Maybe these eyeshadows come close.
You should absolutely get Venetian Tarnish Metal X if this is the look you want. Or try Gold Carbon Metal X, which will be blacker, with more subtle gold. They're both in stock on the MAC site.

The only reason I didn't get Gold Carbon was because I was holding out to compare it with the dark smokey color Extra Dimension shadow, but I really enjoy the Metal X formula for it's buildability and the very smooth sheen with gentle sparkle texture - really smoothes out any wrinkly eye skin better than a lot of glitterier and more powdery products. I think the Extra Dimension shadows are going to be sparklier than Metal X, and may need blending down, rather than building up for sheerness, which would be a little more time consuming. I've got a feeling I'm going to wind up with Gold Carbon, rather than the dark Extra Dimension color for these reasons.

You should definitely get Black Diamond Big Bounce too, if you love sheer. I got a backup of it, in fact. It's quite a bit fussier to apply evenly when used alone, but it's also really excellent for smoothing out the eye texture and works as a FANTASTIC base if you want a sheer look, but with more depth and/or staying power. If you can find it, Genuine Treasure paint pot was excellent for a sheer, moist golden bronze sparkle effect - I love that one too, but it's going to be harder to get ahold of. Gilt By Association Mineralize shadow just got re-released and will give you a sheer black with plenty of gold sparkle if you apply it dry with a fluffier brush - try it over Black Diamond for extra staying power and gorgeousness. Definitely a combo I love.

Black Line pearlglide pencil, that just came out with Vera, is great for black with just the right amount of golden sparkle, in pencil form - it can be sheered out pretty well and is a great liner to use with any of these other products.

Can you tell I love my sheer black with gold eye??
yahoo.gif

Almus

Nope. She is Siri Tollerod. Here you can find the whole editorial http://fashioncopious.typepad.com/fashioncopious/2012/02/think-pink-siri-tollerod-by-vincent-peters-for-uk-harpers-bazaar-march-2012-editorial.html

Almus

If you click on each picture you can see them full size. In each page, there is the description with the products used :bouquet:

EngineerBarbie

Tell me more
Because the split fibre brushes have a synthetic side and a natural brush side, they are awesome for cream-based products. I love using them with my Make Up For Ever aqua creams, MAC CCBs and Cremeblend blushes. I also like that I'll use the synthetic side for the cream blush, the natural side for the powder blush and use the entire brush for a little blending if necessary. Because I use MUFE Aqua Creams (and the Maybelline Color Tatoo cream shadows) on a regular basis as shadow bases for my oily lids, the split fibre brushes are in constant use.

When they are released with this collection I highly suggest checking them out!

Latest posts