MAC Extra Dimension discussion

Babylard

As it doesn't stop people from buying, MAC will certainly continue this trend. It's probably also more profitable to sell larger e/s.

Downside is that I will be buying a lot less than if they were regular pan size. I'd like to make a extra deminsions palette like my statflash palette :/ I honestly bought only 2 eyeshadows from peacocky cuz they were huge, regardless of how awesome they were. :/

I removed the inserts in my palettes but it doesn't look nice so I put it back lol....

Icecaramellatte

I stopped at a Mac store at the mall. I don't usually go to this one but the SA was raving about some highlighters coming out with this collection. She said they were liquid but powder at the same time. I don't really know what she meant. At first, I thought she meant something like the magically cool powder. But now that I've looked at the color story (I see Extra Dimension MSF), maybe she means a powder that has the effect of a liquid. I know she says it just melds into the skin. She was really excited about these and the extra dimension eyeshadows. Can't wait to see more on this. At this rate, I guess we will have to wait until April to see more. Mac is super slow to release info nowadays.

itching2snitch

^^^

They're not liquid, but they're extraordinarily creamy feeling (or liquidy-feeling) if you will. It's described as:

"liquid-powder hybrid" and "cool, creamy, silky, near-fluid formula"

The description is perfectly accurate. It honestly feels like a very light silky cream, but it's powder. I dont mean cream like a blush or studio tech. It doesn't have that thick feeling that creme blushes or foundations have. I mean cream like face cream. They feel incredibly smooth and luxurious. In eyeshadow lingo, it's like veluxe pearl times 10.

Mac-Guy

^^^

They're not liquid, but they're extraordinarily creamy feeling (or liquidy-feeling) if you will. It's described as:

The description is perfectly accurate. It honestly feels like a very light silky cream, but it's powder. I dont mean cream like a blush or studio tech. It doesn't have that thick feeling that creme blushes or foundations have. I mean cream like face cream. They feel incredibly smooth and luxurious. In eyeshadow lingo, it's like veluxe pearl times 10.
iagree.gif

I would call it a melange of the "wet" look of the Semi-Precious MSF and the creamy-ness of a Veluxe Pearl finish. I'm surprised that the 179 is not repromoted with this collection. IMO, these skin finishes work best with the 179 for an all-over application followed by the 128 for extra sculpting and highlighting. I'm thrilled to see the 128 again, but it's sad that the 179 is not part of this collection.

itching2snitch

iagree.gif

I would call it a melange of the "wet" look of the Semi-Precious MSF and the creamy-ness of a Veluxe Pearl finish. I'm surprised that the 179 is not repromoted with this collection. IMO, these skin finishes work best with the 179 for an all-over application followed by the 128 for extra sculpting and highlighting. I'm thrilled to see the 128 again, but it's sad that the 179 is not part of this collection.
Which Is the 179 again?

emilinaloveMAC

UPDATE: i found a link which shows the whole color collection including each shadow and skinfinish!

http://www.magi-mania.de/mac-in-extra-dimension/

MACina

That sounds wonderful....I want so much from this collection!

At the moment I have 8 eyeshadows and 2 MSFs on my list
blush-anim-cl.gif

^^^

honybr

Oh these look great. Modern Pewter is mine. What's up with MAC and the modern word - Modern Pewter, Modern Mandarin, anyway I digress. I may also try Havana, but I don't do neutrals to often so we'll see.

EngineerBarbie - they have a silver one "Hot Thunder". I thought of you immediately.

I had to actually look up the meaning of the col[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]or "[/FONT]Anthracite" (Dare Dark the black one) . In case anyone is wondering it means:a mineral coal containing little of the volatile hydrocarbons and burning almost without flame; hard coal. Last, I love the promo picture.

MRV

They look awesome! Thanks for the link. I hope I can live with 3-4 e/s and one Skinfinish, but we'll see.