MAC Extra Dimension discussion

OctoberViolet

girlhaha.gif

I doubt that it will have another dimension, although if you consider a certain pattern "another dimension," then yes, there is a chance. Marbles, nipples, stripes, you get the idea :)

Anna x

I doubt that it will have another dimension, although if you consider a certain pattern "another dimension," then yes, there is a chance. Marbles, nipples, stripes, you get the idea :)

lol! a pattern would look good though, maybe like the ones in chen man :)

Piarpreet

I doubt that very very very very much cos of how breakable mineral stuff is.

since this is the extra dimension collection is there any chance the new msf could have another dimension too like the eyeshadows?! i dont know if its even possible but it sounds quite cool !

liba

I'm sure they will do a good job. All the new MSF seems to be quite smooth.
This is honestly why I really don't care about more repromoted MSFs. The new ones are just so much better in every possible way and keep getting better and better - better textures and more sophisticated colors.

I liked the ratio they had this year of 6 brand new MSFs and 2 repromotes. We're already starting 2012 with 2 repromotes, so if these will be all new, I won't be sorry.

Mac-Guy

This is honestly why I really don't care about more repromoted MSFs. The new ones are just so much better in every possible way and keep getting better and better - better textures and more sophisticated colors.
I liked the ratio they had this year of 6 brand new MSFs and 2 repromotes. We're already starting 2012 with 2 repromotes, so if these will be all new, I won't be sorry.

I'm tired of repromotes too. Bring on the new stuff.

HebrideanSprite

I'm hoping that the eyeshadows themselves are fairly unique colourwise- I feel that Mac has been putting out fairly dupeable colours lately, but maybe thats just me.

PixieDancer

New MSF's would be perfection! There are so many old ones I hear about that I never got, but instead of begging "bring backs" of old collections, I'm on board with creating new products for us to love. That way there's no disappointment or prior expectations. Even now, when they repromote something due to popularity, everyone is skeptical of it. The MORE hype and expectation for a popular repromte just doesn't seem worth the stress of wondering if its going to be as good as it used to be!!

xpinkglitter

I'm kinda sick of these more expensive "big" eyeshadows that won't go in my pallet but at least I see some colors! Metal-x is a bummer for me since all of the colors are browns and coppers but if these eyeshadows are unique enough I might get a few. And I like the idea of new MSFs as well, unless they repromote a color that hasn't been around in FOREVER like New Vegas or something

OctoberViolet

I found out the names of at least four of the Extra Dimension shadows: Young Venus (sounds divine and knowing me I will buy for the name alone), Sweet Heat, Warm Thunder and Havana. If I can find out any more I will post.
pompom.gif

Piarpreet

amen
I'm kinda sick of these more expensive "big" eyeshadows that won't go in my pallet but at least I see some colors! Metal-x is a bummer for me since all of the colors are browns and coppers but if these eyeshadows are unique enough I might get a few. And I like the idea of new MSFs as well, unless they repromote a color that hasn't been around in FOREVER like New Vegas or something

GlamQueen21

I've swatched it before when it came out with a set since Magic, Mirth and Mischief. I am yearing to own that MSF one day.

singer82

Awe you really think so? Dark and bright face products just scare the hell out of me lol. But with the right brush and right application they could work.

liba

The only blush brush I have is a small 187. What will be the best for these blushes?
If you have small cheeks like me, I mostly use 188, if I want it mostly on the apples or 131, if I want a sweep of color across the cheekbones, retro disco style (they need to bring that baby back - it's so versatile). I've also got a mini 129 and 168 from some old, old sets that are just the right size for me, while the full sized versions are a bit too big, but I use them much less with brights. I like the 190 for my bright Cremeblend blushes, although some people would say 130 or bust.

Another thing with the bright blushes I've found....they often look really good when you just dab them on the apples of the cheeks - just enough to be concentrated around the apple, but not so much that when you blend it back towards the ear that you get much more color spreading out. Use a little bronzer for the cheekbone ridge back towards the ear if you need more depth or feel too pale. This is a great look with bright blushes that doesn't enter the clown zone.

Another trick I got from watching way way way too many old 40's and 50's Technicolor movie extravaganzas (where all the blush is super bright!!) is to place it horizontally much higher or lower than the center of the apples/cheekbones and then blending straight up or down from there. Higher for if you want a cute, girlish look or lower if you want more drama.

A dab over the bridge of the nose can balance any type of bright blush on the cheeks out a bit, for the sun-kissed effect. This is a perfect finishing touch, but be careful about using it if you are going for a very strong eye or lip too....'might be too much in that case and you'd just come off looking like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Mac-Guy

The only blush brush I have is a small 187. What will be the best for these blushes?

I'd use the 131. It gives you the advantage of a duofibre brush, but you can brush it on rather than stipple it on. As the bristles of the 188 are quite long, it gives you less control, and control is certainly what you want with a bright blush. The 187 will be too big, IMO. But it depends on the size of your cheeks.

Latest posts