MAC Extra Dimension discussion

tokidokibaybee

its still available on the nordstrom website. Glorify is my holy grail bronzer!!

Edit: livechat informed me that the ED skinfishes are sold out and are in the process of being removed from their website. Even though you can still add them to your cart

tokidokibaybee

Glorify looks nothing like gold deposit. It has its own unique color of being peachy bronze depending on whether you use it with a light hand or heavy hand. Gold deposit MSF is more orangey and way too glittery. I'm an nw 25-30 and its my hg!
eyelove.gif

I'm so late. I just ordered msf superb and Heroine l/s(is this a matte form of violetta?) on Nordstrom.com. I wanted Whisper of Gilt and Glorify while they were back in stock but I thought they were too similar to nars albatross and mac gold deposit or golden bronze loose powder. Can anyone compare these? Also, superb seems to be a mix of by candlelight and Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous, no? Omg I can't believe I am asking to be enabled but do I need anything else from all these collections????

Baby1black

Well, I've been using the gorgeous EDSFs since launch day. The texture is so incredible and instantly sculpts the face with zero effort when used all over.

One thing - I feel like the formula, even though it feels perfectly comfortable on the skin, is kind of drying after wearing it all day. I'm just trying to make sure to moisturize really well, and thoroughly cleanse it off my skin and re-moisturize ASAP when the day's done. Anyone else noticing this?
I feel when applying it wet helps ,after packing my brush I spritz my brush lightly. Otherwise it is drying.

Mac-Guy

I didn't notice that it is drying on me, but I've been wearing the Moisture Infusion serum for a few weeks now, so maybe the EDSF are not as drying on a good base?
shrugs.gif

2browneyes

So I walked past the counter once and ended up coming back 10 mins later. The MUA laughed at me as she rang up my Dark Dare. I was so tempted to get Rich Core as well but I resisted. Now I have a the EDSF, Dark Dare and Warm Thunder. I am wearing the shadows with Deep Blue Green pigment tonight.
eyelove.gif

martiangurll

The trick ladies and gentlemen, ....drum roll please.....is kind of to dig into the eyeshadow, almost putting your brush in vertically, and pat it it on at an angle!! She suggested to remove the excess by tapping the brush against the pot...anyhoo..lo and behold transforms from a minty shine on moo's eyelid to a gorgeous olive-y colour I sought....I am back on the ES
eyelove.gif

So glad you posted that! I love all the colors (I got YV, SH, MP, and DD) but I was afraid they were just meh. I was being gentle to keep the pattern from getting jacked up. Tonight, I am digging like there is treasure buried underneath!

liba

So glad you posted that! I love all the colors (I got YV, SH, MP, and DD) but I was afraid they were just meh. I was being gentle to keep the pattern from getting jacked up. Tonight, I am digging like there is treasure buried underneath!
You can be gentle on the surface too, if you want! I've been getting great color payoff using a 226 by applying one sheer layer in a window washer motion, doing the other eye the same way, then going back in on the first eye and patting on a second layer using the point of the brush. Just let the first layer set for a few seconds before putting on a second layer.

I really like the 226 over the 217 - 217 is too soft, but the hairs on the 226 are coarse enough to grab the shadow, but soft enough to blend it well into the skin. As usual, I use P&P Vibrancy Eye underneath as a base. They stay looking good all day!

baghdad81

Quote: Originally Posted by baghdad81

update on my situation i.e. the colours barely show on me.
Armed with my receipts and the eyeshadows ( i tried all of them together like a maniac on two eyes...my husband looked at me confused and asked me what was the look I was going for and that it looked questionable)....I went to the counter and the SA, while being a little snappy, finally told me what I was doing wrong. We used the same brush, same bases, but apparently, I am treating this like a regular ES and am just tapping my brush over it and sweeping it back and forth (and there I thought I was using it too much).
The trick ladies and gentlemen, ....drum roll please.....is kind of to dig into the eyeshadow, almost putting your brush in vertically, and pat it it on at an angle!! She suggested to remove the excess by tapping the brush against the pot...anyhoo..lo and behold transforms from a minty shine on moo's eyelid to a gorgeous olive-y colour I sought....I am back on the ES
eyelove.gif

Thank you so much for this tip! I've been having the exact same problem... what brush are you using? The one that came out with this collection? (the # escapes me at the moment, but I've just ordered it, hoping that it will help with proper application). I knew I must have been doing *something* wrong, but I just couldn't figure out what - after trying all sorts of different brushes etc. Very frustrating, so I thank you for this information!
I use the 242...that's the brush she recommended as well. She said to use painterly or a matte paint for more effect while bare study would have softer effect...SMH!

baghdad81

just got grand galaxy and modern pewter - wowsers! I can't believe how gorgeous the finish is on these. I have no idea what to pair these with but I'm sure I'll have fun playing tomorrow :)
I actually wore those together and it's pretty esp with MP sheerer in application and GG applied heavily.

baghdad81

Quote: Originally Posted by baghdad81

update on my situation i.e. the colours barely show on me.
Armed with my receipts and the eyeshadows ( i tried all of them together like a maniac on two eyes...my husband looked at me confused and asked me what was the look I was going for and that it looked questionable)....I went to the counter and the SA, while being a little snappy, finally told me what I was doing wrong. We used the same brush, same bases, but apparently, I am treating this like a regular ES and am just tapping my brush over it and sweeping it back and forth (and there I thought I was using it too much).
eyelove.gif

Me too!! I was like I don't the pretty pattern gone...it was gone in the testers she tried so I feel that you have to use quite a bit of the shadow, kind of load up the brush and pat it on! OT: Anyone notice almost black marks on the pattern that appear whenever you start using the product more. they are like small lines that appeared in my YV and MP

Spanky

I'm kicking myself for not BUing GG! Sold out all over. I have to keep telling myself it's going to be okay. Can't wait for Hey Sailor! Just to see it in person my new favorite MUA is going to pull 1 of everything for me as soon as it comes in! What a babe!

baghdad81

Liba: you're enabling me on dark dare and I cannot afford to be enabled!! I am already broke!!!!!!! Here's to hoping it lasts a bit on maccosmetics.ca so I have time to pick it up later!

baghdad81

So I walked past the counter once and ended up coming back 10 mins later. The MUA laughed at me as she rang up my Dark Dare. I was so tempted to get Rich Core as well but I resisted. Now I have a the EDSF, Dark Dare and Warm Thunder. I am wearing the shadows with Deep Blue Green pigment tonight.   :eyelove:
not to enable you but I imagine GG would look divine on you!

baghdad81

Piarpeet: Glorify is still on Canadian MAC website. What do we think of Lunar?? anybody loving it? What about Havana is it worth tracking down? Is it similar to any of the MUFE aqua creams?

Latest posts