MAC Extra Dimension discussion

lyseD

How do you like the serum? I am so loving the balm, it works so well on my pores and fine lines. I would really like to try the serum if I could stop buying these shadows!!!
I didn't notice that it is drying on me, but I've been wearing the Moisture Infusion serum for a few weeks now, so maybe the EDSF are not as drying on a good base?
shrugs.gif

Mac-Guy

How do you like the serum? I am so loving the balm, it works so well on my pores and fine lines. I would really like to try the serum if I could stop buying these shadows!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Mac-Guy

I didn't notice that it is drying on me, but I've been wearing the Moisture Infusion serum for a few weeks now, so maybe the EDSF are not as drying on a good base?
shrugs.gif
IMO, the serum is easily the best product of 2012 so far. If I had to chose, I'd rather leave out the highlighters or a few of the blushes in favor of the serum. Beautiful moisturized skin is essential to achieve a stunning overall look, and the serum helps me to reach this goal.

liba

IMO, the serum is easily the best product of 2012 so far. If I had to chose, I'd rather leave out the highlighters or a few of the blushes in favor of the serum. Beautiful moisturized skin is essential to achieve a stunning overall look, and the serum helps me to reach this goal.
Glad you're loving the serum. I was going to get a bottle of it once I run out of my Rodial Glamtox serum, although I just found out it's not discontinued, just out of commission for a while while the packaging is redesigned.

I still prefer Rodial - it absorbs more deeply and is multi-function, as it has tightening/firming/retexturizing properties on top of the hydration. Then again, it's twice the price and isn't really necessary for younger skin that hasn't started to show those tell-tale signs of aging. I do think the MAC serum is definitely the best out there at that price point, though, and preps the skin with a lovely finish. With a good serum + moisturizer combo, you can have amazing, smooth, glowing skin without foundation well into your 40's for sure. Skin care is Priority Number One!

Mac-Guy

Glad you're loving the serum. I was going to get a bottle of it once I run out of my Rodial Glamtox serum, although I just found out it's not discontinued, just out of commission for a while while the packaging is redesigned.
I still prefer Rodial - it absorbs more deeply and is multi-function, as it has tightening/firming/retexturizing properties on top of the hydration. Then again, it's twice the price and isn't really necessary for younger skin that hasn't started to show those tell-tale signs of aging. I do think the MAC serum is definitely the best out there at that price point, though, and preps the skin with a lovely finish. With a good serum + moisturizer combo, you can have amazing, smooth, glowing skin without foundation well into your 40's for sure. Skin care is Priority Number One!

Absolutely!

EmbalmerBabe

Ooooo do tell what is the best serum of 2012?
type.gif

SweetSarah

Yes Superb is amazing. So glad I went back for it. It's almost more of a blush on me. Perfect for a no makeup dewy look. On days I have football practice, I just put on SPF and mascara, Superb on the cheeks and bridge of nose, and a little gloss. Looks natural, because I dont want to be that girl on my football team and have my coaches roll their eyes. LOL.

GlamQueen21

Rich Core shipped today and I get it Monday. I cannot wait to get it! I'm going to place an order on Warm Thunder and Dare Dark on Thursday.

Calla88

Superb is fabulous , I've been wearing everyday for the last week. Yesterday I wore it with IF and Redhead, and wore Sweet Heat with Cloudy Afternoon. I really like that combo., with a brown shadow from Urban Decay in the crease for definition. I may have to BU Superb. I'm considering picking up Rich Core and one other shadow , not sure which one.

Richelle83

I cannot keep a straight face when I see the initials ED all over the place. I'm so inappropriate, I know. Sorry.
Their have been a few times when I wasn't paying attention and thought WTF? Huh? A whole slew of things run across my mind then it hits me Ohhh duh Richelle! Smh

Prettypackages

ears perking up~ Uh, tell me more about serums? Are they good for oily (maybe I am dry) acne prone skin? What should I look for inone? This is another thread, I know, I'm sorry, but what are the essentials needed for good skin care?

Prettypackages

ok, I dug into havana as suggested, and I still don't like it. I am going to try it in the crease with Satin Taupe, maybe Oomph, something... I'm reaching here. LOL I am giong to be bumped down to team 8. You all are tempting me to get Superb.

Prettypackages

NC 44/45. I don't know about the undertones (pink, red, yellow, golden, huh?) I have been told I can be either red or yellow. LOL. I will try it in the V as well. Thanks for the tip.

aradhana

i'm waiting till fall to pick up the serum. i really liked the combo of the serum and the skin perfecter, but i was worried the serum would be too much for my skin in the summer. (i tend to be normal to oily in the summer, and dry in the winter.) so i only got the perfector for the moment...

i think 2012 has been a pretty damn awesome year for mac... i was just thinking about this a few days ago...i would really struggle to pinpoint what my favourite item has been so far...

i wasn't expecting to like the extra dim collection as much as i do...i just went back today and picked up superb. i had to hold myself back from dark dare....