MAC Extra Dimension discussion

iheartmakeup412

The only things I got from this collection was GG shadow and the two brushes. I'm debating wether or not I should get dark dare because I already have so many black shadows as is.

Prettypackages

i'm a similar skintone (though not sure about undertone). when i had my makeup done last week, the mua applied a mix of havana, rich core and dark dare on me....at first she only put the first two, but the DD gave it the needed oomph.

she kinda did this interesting thing with the eye shape that i've never done/had done before, where she kind of took the shadow almost straight up from the outer corner, and went really high up close to the brows. (yes, sounds crazy.) but it looked awesome...kinda doe-like effect. i don't think it really shows up in the pic, but that's my makeup in my avatar pic.
Our color maybe similiar, but I do think or tones are different. Im going to post a pic and have you all tell me. LOL
I'm going to do what you described. I kinda can see it in the pic. You look pretty, do you have that fold in your eyelid too? I always need new ideas on how to create looks with this "issue".

If not, I'll just pass this along to my mother.

lmcmullen

I have to say I really love love love the shadows from this collection, even if the colors are a bit repetitive with other ones.

For me they have the softness of mineralize shadows without the eye irritation, they're very pigmented and they last for me all day when applied over a slightly damp paint pot.
The shimmer fades a little bit for me by the end of the day but the color and a sheen remain.

In particular I adore Modern Pewter, which I actually backed up. I have all of them but Dark Dare (I already have a black shadow from UD and hardly ever use it).

The skin finishes I'm less enthused about (I have WOG and Superb), they're just a little too shiny for me. I have to buff them down well.

peachsuns

Looking flawless, PrettyKitty!
thud.gif
Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Mac-Guy

I have to say I really love love love the shadows from this collection, even if the colors are a bit repetitive with other ones.

For me they have the softness of mineralize shadows without the eye irritation, they're very pigmented and they last for me all day when applied over a slightly damp paint pot.
The shimmer fades a little bit for me by the end of the day but the color and a sheen remain.

In particular I adore Modern Pewter, which I actually backed up. I have all of them but Dark Dare (I already have a black shadow from UD and hardly ever use it).

The skin finishes I'm less enthused about (I have WOG and Superb), they're just a little too shiny for me. I have to buff them down well.
I have to buff out the EDSF as well, but the staying power is so much better than the MSF, so it's well worth the effort to me. MAC's claim that they last for 10 hours is actually very true for the EDSF. Let's hope they come back with a wider range of colors, in which case I'd probably kiss the MSF good bye.

bronzedbeauty18

I love the face of the day PrettyKitty!
I use a fan brush with the EDSFs on my cheekbones, no buffing needed
flower.gif
They leave an awesome sheen.

Pinkdollface

Thank you, Pinkdollface! This will be my first split fiber brush. I cannot wait to play with it.
greengrin.gif

Looking flawless, PrettyKitty!
thud.gif
Wow! Thanks for sharing!
It is my first split fiber as well! I thought this one would be the most useful. I'm still thinking about the 234, any opinions?

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
I think Mac-Guy is right and it is too fluffy, but if you have it i guess you could try it.

It is my first split fiber as well! I thought this one would be the most useful. I'm still thinking about the 234, any opinions?

Out of the 4 brushes from Semi Precious, I hardly ever use the 234! I use the 179 and 128 every day for foundation and blush application respectively, and always use the 235 for MES

martiangurll

There was a 187SH?
icon_eek.gif
Or do you mean SE? Or the 188SH?

I meant SE 187. I can't keep these brushes straight. Give me a few months though. I did order the 234 duo fiber and I'd love to try it, wasn't it made for mineralized products? I need a tutorial on how to figure out what brushes do what by the numbers...

Piarpreet

ith ED I bought the cheek brush. I wont have it until next month, but i wanna try it. I got the yachiyo brush from NARS so I think it will be tough to improve the results I get with it! :p

liba

Wow, I'm amazed at all you gals who skipped the EDSFs and/or shadows. The formulas are so fantastic.....the SFs are so beautifully sheer - they instantly sculpt your whole face with a few quick swipes, without having to fuss with a lot of other products or special placement and without adding a lot of color - just the barest nuance and only if you want it. Otherwise, it's just a beautiful and naturally radiant finish.

The shadows are maybe colors you've seen before, but with perfect texture, blendability and buildability. For me, Dark Dare is an absolute must - it makes all my other black shadows irrelevant. Also Young Venus does for the eyes what the EDSFs do for the face on my skin tone (Sweet Heat or Havana could be the same, depending on yours). I can't even imagine where there is room for improvement with these.

If you can resist them, go for it - just don't have a drastic case of Skipper's Remorse later on!!

martiangurll

Young Venus really is gorgeous for the brow and tear duct area. It is such a lovely pearlescent pink. I love how shimmery these are without the glitter balls of doom and so far my eyeballs have not gotten irritated or red like they do with most MES.