MAC Eyes Times Nine Collection (Mar 5, 2015)

ginestra213

I want one of these palettes but I cant decide between the burgundy or the amber. I kind of want both but they seem to close in color to get both. Then I also like the warm neutral 15 palette. This is too much stress lol....but I must have one.
th_dunno.gif
I also have the warm neutral palette, and I honestly use it every day. Definitely worth the money. With the price drop, I'm considering getting the cool one too!

ShareeA

I'd be ok with the size if they are the size of nickels but they're definate no's if they are dime sized.

sweets4uk

I like the idea that they are smaller...I travel for work so that makes it easier for me and I seriously already have so many shadows that I will probably never finish in a life time..... So this way I can enjoy the shadows and not feel as guilty.... And glad they are bringing back some of my favourite repromote colours!! #mancatcher

They look absolutely stunning! But the size of them are a little bit concerning because I've heard people comparing them to sizes of small packets of candy.

erine1881

They look absolutely stunning! But the size of them are a little bit concerning because I've heard people comparing them to sizes of small packets of candy. 
They're in a normal quad. Yes, people are comparing it to a pack of gummy bears, but you'd have to compare every other quad to one as well cuz its the same quad. They're half the size of a normal shadow. They have to be in order to fit 9 shadows in there. You aren't getting less shadows than you would if you bought any other quad that MAC sells. You're getting the exact same amount, just split among 9 shadows instead of 4.

verorl

I like the idea. I think they might be great for travelling! Might check them out when they finally make it to my MAC store.

singrsling

Hi beauties, got a text from Mac this morning about the collection of 6 new palettes, and the prices are incredibly low, $40 for 9 shadows and $85 for 15 shadows!! Of course, most if not all of the shades are ones many of us have, but the palettes do look gorgeous. Any thoughts ladies? im tempted by the Burgundy times Nine one!

sweetkitty

Any thoughts ladies? im tempted by the Burgundy times Nine one!
I agree the pricing is nuts, so low. I bought individually pans for my palettes back in the day, those were a fortune.

I like the idea of these being so small, it's like the cost of two shadows.. I'll be getting at least one, not sure which.

haxxai

Are the quantities right on this?
0.8g for the whole 9 pan palette
1.35g for a regular size pan
As far as I know the regular size pans are 1.5g and 9 palette pans are actually 0.8g each (not the whole palette) for a total of 7.2g per palette. That means these palettes are the equivalent of 4.8 regular size pans.

erine1881

Are the quantities right on this?  0.8g for the whole 9 pan palette 1.35g for a regular size pan
As far as I know the regular size pans are 1.5g and 9 palette pans are actually 0.8g each (not the whole palette) for a total of 7.2g per palette. That means these palettes are the equivalent of 4.8 regular size pans.
Yes, they forgot to label that thats the weight for each shadow, not the total weight of the palette.

sweetkitty

Ah you're right, I took the 1.35g weight from the mac website but it was for the pans. I had no idea the potted eyeshadows had slightly more weight at 1.5g, or does that just account for the weight of the plastic? I thought they were identical!

erine1881

Ah you're right, I took the 1.35g weight from the mac website but it was for the pans. I had no idea the potted eyeshadows had slightly more weight at 1.5g, or does that just account for the weight of the plastic?  I thought they were identical!
Weight doesn't include packaging