MAC Fabulous Felines Discussion

HappyInsomniac

I think I've seen it on allwholesalecosmetics. They've had some decent reviews re: authenticity. Pretty expensive for LE stuff though.

mac_aiken

I have the opportunity to pick up the Leopard Luxe quad for a decent price but I don't know if I can pull it off. NW15/N1 with red hair and green eyes. Thoughts?

martiangurll

I have the opportunity to pick up the Leopard Luxe quad for a decent price but I don't know if I can pull it off. NW15/N1 with red hair and green eyes. Thoughts?

It would work but would want to know if you are able to wear warm shadows? Its an interesting quad mixing cool and warm colors...IMHO

mac_aiken

I can pull off warm and cool shades both. I am lucky that way I guess. The quad looks very interesting and I don't have anything else like it.

It would work but would want to know if you are able to wear warm shadows? Its an interesting quad mixing cool and warm colors...IMHO

katred

Specktra Bestie

Although the shades may be warmer, I find that they have a golden tone that works with a lot of complexions. I'm NC15 and I really like using it. I'm still over the moon about all three quads from this collection. I feel like they spoiled me, because I haven't bought a quad since!

martiangurll

This whole collection was great for me, if they had special packaging with kitties on it, I would have gotten the whole thang

shontay07108

I love Leopard Luxe, but nothing beats Burmese Beauty for me. It has a color similar to Club, but better and I love, love, love Skintone 2. One of the best shadows I own. I hope we see it again. That quad makes smoky eyes so easy. I don't even mind that Showstopper is in it. Edit because it's Showstopper in there not Cross-Cultural. I've seen enough of both, to be honest.

LMD84

I love Leopard Luxe, but nothing beats Burmese Beauty for me. It has a color similar to Club, but better and I love, love, love Skintone 2. One of the best shadows I own. I hope we see it again. That quad makes smoky eyes so easy. I don't even mind that Cross-Cultural is in it.
oh yeah! BB is an awesome quad and i love it! wearing that with a navy blue liner is awesome!

liba

mac_aiken, you inspired me to pull out Leopard Luxe today, since I hadn't worn it in about a month.

The great thing about Leopard Luxe is the shadows were very forward looking.

Just take a look over a year later - the orange, ochre and off-black colors and the combo of matte, sheer/buildable and sheen textures have all been featured prominently by MAC in multiple collections, from Peacocky to Mac Me Over and Styledriven.

Total home run.

I still can't get over being told by my local OM that this collection was the worst selling collection in the 15 years he's worked for MAC. I guess this time the customer had to catch up to the products.

katred

Specktra Bestie

Just take a look over a year later - the orange, ochre and off-black colors and the combo of matte, sheer/buildable and sheen textures have all been featured prominently by MAC in multiple collections, from Peacocky to Mac Me Over and Styledriven.

Total home run.

I still can't get over being told by my local OM that this collection was the worst selling collection in the 15 years he's worked for MAC. I guess this time the customer had to catch up to the products.

Seriously? I'm shocked. Well, I know that there were products from the collection hanging around the Mac Canada web site until last month, but I put that down to the fact that they were ordering more for LE collections last year. I'm very disappointed to know it didn't sell well, because I found it such an incredibly versatile collection. I swear those products are still among my most used. Then again, my tastes constantly seem to be out of step with what the market wants...

shontay07108

Total home run. 

I think you mentioned this before and I was just as shocked then. I know I thought this collection was lame before it came out and I didn't have much of anything on my list until I actually went to see it in person. The promo and product pics weren't exciting to me, but the actual products are great and versatile. My faves are Burmese Beauty, Drive Me Wild lipstick, Widly Refined lipglass and the Desires & Devices eyeliner. All of them are still in my regular rotation.

PinkBasset

This is still one of my favourite Mac collections! I love Leopard Luxe and Burmese Beauty quads, the superslick liners (the brown one is the coolest brown liner I've ever used, makes my eyes glow like no other!), and Kittenish lipstick. Oh, and I bought all the pigments in this collection, they are winners too!

liba

I think you mentioned this before and I was just as shocked then. I know I thought this collection was lame before it came out and I didn't have much of anything on my list until I actually went to see it in person. The promo and product pics weren't exciting to me, but the actual products are great and versatile. My faves are Burmese Beauty, Drive Me Wild lipstick, Widly Refined lipglass and the Desires & Devices eyeliner. All of them are still in my regular rotation.
I think you're right about the promo pictures getting in the way of the actual products. The drab makeup bags didn't help. Also, I think people were afraid of all the brown-toned lip products.

I've got a lot of serious favorites. Pet Me Please/Spree combo is the sexiest nude lip combo in my arsenal and gets constant use (Please bring Spree back - one of my all time
heart.gif
glosses). Bloodline is another huge favorite (I never did get Hocus Pocus, since my Spidey Sense told me that it wouldn't beat Bloodline). Big fan of the black and dark grey Superslick liners - 'glad they're perm. I haven't bought another black powder shadow since that VP in the LL quad. It satisfies all my needs. Also still love Liquid Lurex and the coral MB (Utterly Game) is a standard Fall/Winter blush for me.

shontay07108

I think you're right about the promo pictures getting in the way of the actual products. The drab makeup bags didn't help. Also, I think people were afraid of all the brown-toned lip products.

I've got a lot of serious favorites. Pet Me Please/Spree combo is the sexiest nude lip combo in my arsenal and gets constant use (Please bring Spree back - one of my all time 
heart.gif
 glosses). Bloodline is another huge favorite (I never did get Hocus Pocus, since my Spidey Sense told me that it wouldn't beat Bloodline). Big fan of the black and dark grey Superslick liners - 'glad they're perm. I haven't bought another black powder shadow since that VP in the LL quad. It satisfies all my needs. Also still love Liquid Lurex and the coral MB (Utterly Game) is a standard Fall/Winter blush for me. 

Yes, I forgot about Bloodline. I adore that pigment. It's one of my top 3 pigments. It's nothing like Hocus Pocus, though.

liba

Yes, I forgot about Bloodline. I adore that pigment. It's one of my top 3 pigments. It's nothing like Hocus Pocus, though.
Must not have been.....I kept hoping for comparison swatches of those two and then just sort of blew the whole thing off when I never saw any.

Anyhow, no regrets. I'm stubborn as a mule about not buying makeup without trying it out in person first, especially eye shadows. I did break down and get Caqui and AMPL. Caqui's a fun, no-hassle color; glad I got it. AMPL is gonna be sitting in a drawer more than getting spread on my lips, but ya win some, ya lose some, even with purples!

OctoberViolet

Same here martiangurll. I loved this collection, but if it had kitties on it or even paws on the packaging, I would have bought out the whole collection. I need to get my eyeshadow quad and lippies out. It's that time of the year again. Kittenish lipstick here I come.
th_sign_woot.gif

This whole collection was great for me, if they had special packaging with kitties on it, I would have gotten the whole thang

katred

Specktra Bestie

heart.gif
I agree that the promo pics didn't help. They looked like a 12 year old's fashion scrapbook. I also wonder if the collection wasn't hurt by the fact that it came out right before Venomous Villains, which was more anticipated. People opted to buy from VV instead, maybe. Anyhoo, no problems for me. It remains a personal favourite (along with Cult of Cherry) and the fact that it wasn't as popular meant that I got everything I wanted without having to fight...