MAC Fabulous Felines Discussion

liba

Same here martiangurll. I loved this collection, but if it had kitties on it or even paws on the packaging, I would have bought out the whole collection. I need to get my eyeshadow quad and lippies out. It's that time of the year again. Kittenish lipstick here I come.
th_sign_woot.gif
Did you see the new Paul & Joe Spring '12 collections? They're bringing back the kitty head lipsticks, adding kitty head blush sticks and lovely cat patterned eyeshadow trios and face powder.

Here's a link with photos and a video in English: http://haruhii.pixnet.net/blog/post/29853431

rockin

I missed out on the Leopard Luxe quad, although I did get the others. I've looked for it since, but it always seems to come up at silly prices.

I'm not at all a cat lover (probably due to me being allergic to them) but this was one of my favourite collections

User38

^ lol

I truly hated those kitty head ls.. they are a pain in the butt to use on the run.. that said, they are a cat lover's dream and actually very lovely ls.

martiangurll

They sound delishicously tacky. I have never gotten into Paul and Joe. I would love MAC to do special cat packaging, but otherwise I like my cats as LOLcats on the interwebs oh and the IRL cuddling kind of course

liba

^ lol

I truly hated those kitty head ls.. they are a pain in the butt to use on the run.. that said, they are a cat lover's dream and actually very lovely ls.
They scared me - the thought of a smeared, melted remnant of a kitty head was a little too Raiders of the Lost Ark face melt time for me. ' Much less having a runaway kitty ear accidentally dish you out an extra couple of cupid's bows.

GlamQueen21

Lately I have been reaching for my Leopard Luxe Quad and have been using Fiercely Fabulous and Wild By Nature with Sweet Sienna p/g, Smoke & Diamonds e/s, Midnight Madness MES and Femme Fi e/s.

martiangurll

I know this is sickening but I still have not used my LL quad. I just stare at the prettiness. I don't know what my problem is--I can't even sell it in the Clearance Bin as BNIB because one of the e/s got a scratch on it...

aradhana

Seriously? I'm shocked. Well, I know that there were products from the collection hanging around the Mac Canada web site until last month, but I put that down to the fact that they were ordering more for LE collections last year. I'm very disappointed to know it didn't sell well, because I found it such an incredibly versatile collection. I swear those products are still among my most used. Then again, my tastes constantly seem to be out of step with what the market wants...

I've found there's often extra LE stuff floating on the Canadian website , which I actually kind of like....it usually gives me a chance later to buy things I don't have the cash to buy up front! I think for FF I was kind of poor at the time since I was working only part-time then, and not being paid regularly...With the FF collection coming out very close to the VV, I had a hard time affording all the things I wanted! I ended up picking up some of the lipsticks only this year from the MAC website, and LL quad on here. I still kinda want Burmese Beauty, but maybe I'll come across it one day someplace...

I think the LE collections generally would do better if they were smaller (though not Miss Piggy small)...FF and Fall Colour the year before were so overwhelmingly large, that it didn't matter how great the colours were, there was bound to be surplus!

On another note, I find some MAC salespeople (or any other company for that matter) are better than others at encouraging me to try or buy products from new collections. Sometimes I'm a little too shy to try out new products/shades, and I think the FF collection was a bit like that for me, especially with the lipsticks.

dyingforyou

i'm so sad that i was't all that into mac when they collection came out! i'm dying to get my hands on two of the blushes and maybe another few items. the nearest cco is a couple hours away from me but i'm heading down that way in about a month so i'm hoping to make a stop and see if they've got anything from this collection C:

liba

i'm so sad that i was't all that into mac when they collection came out! i'm dying to get my hands on two of the blushes and maybe another few items. the nearest cco is a couple hours away from me but i'm heading down that way in about a month so i'm hoping to make a stop and see if they've got anything from this collection C:
I wouldn't worry about those Fabulous Felines blushes. The ones that came out with Semi-Precious were very similar colors and a MUCH better formula. The Naturally ones were even better, but only Subtle Breeze was similar to one of the Fab Felines ones.

aradhana

I wouldn't worry about those Fabulous Felines blushes. The ones that came out with Semi-Precious were very similar colors and a MUCH better formula. The Naturally ones were even better, but only Subtle Breeze was similar to one of the Fab Felines ones.
it's amazing how quickly they developed the mineralize blush formula...it was good in FF anyway, and it's just gotten better and better!

dyingforyou

thanks for the info! i'll look into those two collections as well :] the names were what really drew me in since, like a lot of others, i love anything to do with cats haha.