mac face and body

liesierre

Yes. You really need just a tiny amount to make it work for paler skins. But RH is not too dark for those in the NW/C10 - 35 range.

It's a matter of undertones rather than darkness/lightness of the product.
Do you think I can get away with using Coffee Walnut (either very sparingly or mixed with the second lightest one)? I'm paler than pale with neutral (slightly yellow) undertones....

i usually look best in cool tones though and the color of that one looks right for me, its just the darkness of it I'm worried about. can that one be sheered out?

Mac-Guy

i usually look best in cool tones though and the color of that one looks right for me, its just the darkness of it I'm worried about. can that one be sheered out?
Yes, you can sheer them out. I recommend using a spatula and blending palette to pick up the right amount. Going with a brush inside the compact is not a good idea as you will have zero control how much product you pick up. You can mix it with the mixing medium in matte (or shine, if you prefer) to keep the color "clean."

MRV

Bof, wonder how Pure Sculpture will work on my face then (I'm NC20). We did not get CB at all and I did not even think of getting RH because it was so dark.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Did anybody else get the eye brush? I received it today and I'm not sure what to use it for. The handle is really thick and it's heavy, and it's quite big to use on the eyes.

lyseD

same here. i'm nc 44...but think a trip to the store will be the best way to not end up disappointed.
Hooray, I've been trying to find someone NC 40ish.

My daughter is NC 42 and has been searching for a red lipstick. I'd love to send one to her at college. Do you have any suggestions? Are you planning on purchasing any from Marilyn?

Thanks so much for your help.

dorni

Coffee Walnut looks really good on my pale neutral skin. I'm not as light as you are, using Illamasqua SB in 06 at the moment, but those sculpting creams can be sheered out to the extreme.

annemariemakeup

Ahhhh I caved and just ordered PP in Day Gleam and Warming Heart. I'm excited to try them out! Hopefully I get a lot of use out of them both for personal and professional use.

luvlydee

I'm thinking between copper beech and richly honed. I just dont want it to look so red like my Nars Malaysia multiple. I was thinking about coffee walnut but when mac guy said it might look green it kind of put me off. lol i dont think i have that much of a strong yellow undertone tho although nc's look waaay better and natural on me than nw's when it comes to mac foundations.

Mac-Guy

I'm thinking between copper beech and richly honed. I just dont want it to look so red like my Nars Malaysia multiple. I was thinking about coffee walnut but when mac guy said it might look green it kind of put me off. lol i dont think i have that much of a strong yellow undertone tho although nc's look waaay better and natural on me than nw's when it comes to mac foundations.
I see you live in New York. Go to a store then. It will be much easier to make the right decision. I'd probably go with RH if I were you.

Mac-Guy

Did anybody else get the eye brush? I received it today and I'm not sure what to use it for. The handle is really thick and it's heavy, and it's quite big to use on the eyes.
To crush the pressed pigments. If you crush them, you get a nice creamy texture (shimmer rather than glitter) that allows you to apply the pressed piggies onto the lid and lower lash line. Works like a charm for that purpose. If you don't use the pressed piggies, you can probably skip it.

luvlydee

I see you live in New York. Go to a store then. It will be much easier to make the right decision. I'd probably go with RH if I were you.
im just so lazzzy lmao. But you are def right i should get up and go and really try it because im not trying to buy blindly when it comes to something like that

RayannaBanana

I hope this and office hours doesn't show up too soon. I haven't even seen enough swatches to make a proper decision yet. MAC keeps releasing collection earlier and earlier.

Mac-Guy

im just so lazzzy lmao. But you are def right i should get up and go and really try it because im not trying to buy blindly when it comes to something like that
It's like buying a foundation or a concealer. The wrong shade will be a disaster.

Anyway, have fun shopping! :)

shontay07108

These collections are sneaking up on me! I love it b/c I hate waiting and anticipating things. I am so excited for this one. I want one or two sculpting creams, the brush and the crazy in me is telling me to buy all of the pressed pigments, but I think I can settle for four. I think.

Mac-Guy

These collections are sneaking up on me! I love it b/c I hate waiting and anticipating things. I am so excited for this one. I want one or two sculpting creams, the brush and the crazy in me is telling me to buy all of the pressed pigments, but I think I can settle for four. I think.
Heheh. I have a feeling you might like them. They are easier to work with than the crushed metals :)

Latest posts