mac face and body

Edelmc

Had a play with some of the products I got. Really love the 163 brush and accentuate for highlighting

Fiberluver

I tried it on my friend who is an NC30-35. We both had a good laugh as it was a noticeable green-yellow cast.
amuse.gif
WOW! I def don't want a green-yellow cast on my face!

I'm gonna wait to try these out @ counter!

sss215

I was going to skip this collection completely until I noticed the new brushes. I classified it as "too advanced" for me. Are the brushes LE and how do you use them? Are they something I need to get and just don't know it yet?
the 215 is a basic eyebrush. flat shader that you can use to place color on the lid or crease. You can also use the 215 to apply concealer and used the 215 to contour.

I haven't seen the 215 yet, but since its a smaller version of the 227, I am assuming I can do the same things with it I would do with the 227. No advanced skills needed. The 227 is a great brush for an all over the eye wash of color, and its a great brush to apply an under the eye highlight in one swoop.

PrettyKitty

I've also received the Face & body foundation... Mac has given all the blogger at the event a bottle of C5 but it's too dark O___O I might sell it...
It's an illuminator, it works better on tan skin like NC40 or darker. It's almost the same colour than my skin right now, which is useless.

dorni

Used Coffee Walnut for the first time as a contour today and it looked very natural. I'm N1 in MAC F&B, 20 in MUFE F&B,Deauville in NARS SG or Illamasqua SB in 06 for reference. No green tinge and the 163 is the perfect tool, easy application and blending. Like Mac-Guy said, with those creams, choosing the right undertone is the most important thing.

Edelmc

Used Coffee Walnut for the first time as a contour today and it looked very natural. I'm N1 in MAC F&B, 20 in MUFE F&B,Deauville in NARS SG or Illamasqua SB in 06 for reference. No green tinge and the 163 is the perfect tool, easy application and blending. Like Mac-Guy said, with those creams, choosing the right undertone is the most important thing.
I completely agree. I am nw10-15 and everytime I open cw up I think it was a mistake buying it but once I put it on its perfect-very natural. Before getting cw it was very difficult to do a defined contour because any colour I would try would lean too brown or orange or warm

xasperadastra

It's an illuminator, it works better on tan skin like NC40 or darker. It's almost the same colour than my skin right now, which is useless.
yep.. that was my fear! ok I'll try it in winter or I should try to swap it for Pure sculpture which was perfect for contouring!!

And about the foundation in C5 i'll try to sell it or swap it... or do you think I may use it with white face & body??

DynoPupBeauty

I purchased Pure Sculpture it's seriously a perfect colour for natural contouring! I went and tried out Copper Beech but this blended in too nicely with my nc42/43.5 skintone - and looked less off a contour as it didn't really show up but just matched my skin colour when buffed. Coffee Walnut surprisingly with all the 'green' issue running around if used with a light hand and buffed in looks seriously amazing. It was sold out in my local MAC so I'm ordering off line!
bigstar.gif

http://dynopupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/mac-pro-sculpting-creams.html

Ernie

Here are some pictures/swatches of the pressed pigments:(sorry not the best pictures)
Light Touch

Warming Heart

Day Gleam

Deeply Dashing

Top to bottom: Light Touch, Warming Heart

Day Gleam, Deeply Dashing

califabulous

When my DH gets sick, he turns green-yellow just like that- it looks like he got punched in both eyes and his entire face gets a green yellow end of bruisey cast to go with it. It is so strange.

That is something I have such a hard time getting some people to understand. One small change can throw colors off too- when many people put on makeup, they see only what they are looking at and applying makeup to. When other people see them, they see the WHOLE package like a painting. The eyes pick up all of the person and when something is off, it is like a dischord and even if the person looking does not identify what it is, they know something is off

Of course, then there are those who never see anything at all- they just are not moved by color at all. LOL It is so fascinating how everyone sees things so differently.

RH seems similar (in tone) to Metal Rock MSF which I use for contour a lot when I do a complete face of MSFs, so I bet that would work. I think that CW also would be a handy color to have in my kit. I can mix it up from my palette if I want to, but on lazy days, at least I would have it handy to just use.
yep that's why i need a complete collection of colors that work for me. AND i need someone else to pick them out. I have no idea regarding warm and cool pink green yellow... I only know light and dark!!!
shrugs.gif
blink.gif

Copperhead

Got my Richly Honed Pro Sculpting Cream! I will definitely have to do a makeup face today to see how this baby applies. Upon opening my box my Invoice that sat on top said "Pro Sculpting Cream Intensity" I was like "INTENSITY?? WHAT THE H*LL IS THIS??!!" I thought MAC messed up and there would be a cream in there named Intensity. My heart skipped a beat. But thank goodness it was Richly Honed.

MACina

This seems to be the working name.

On the German site 4 out if 6 Pro Sculping Creams are named with a "wn" (working name).
And one of them is "Intensity".

http://www.maccosmetics.de/whats_new/9481/New-Collections/Face-and-Body/index.tmpl

Got my Richly Honed Pro Sculpting Cream! I will definitely have to do a makeup face today to see how this baby applies. Upon opening my box my Invoice that sat on top said "Pro Sculpting Cream Intensity" I was like "INTENSITY?? WHAT THE H*LL IS THIS??!!" I thought MAC messed up and there would be a cream in there named Intensity. My heart skipped a beat. But thank goodness it was Richly Honed.

patentg33k

Well I ordered 3 from this collex and now I wondering if I should get the 163 brush. If you saw it, is it a "must," a "nice to have" or a skip? Any and all thoughts appreciated. :)