mac face and body

Prototype83

I don't know if you'll want to get any after you try to remove the swatches from your hand. With all that glitter you'll look like you belong in a Taylor Swift video.
lmao.gif
soooo true!!

meg_curls

I really want to try one of the sculpting creams, but I just don't know what to get. I can't get to a store in my area so it is just relying on online swatches for me...

Fiberluver

Bought it at our freestanding store, it is very dense, uber soft and from synthetic hair.
Comparison: 227 - 163 - 150

163 close up

Swatch of CW blended out with 163 on the inner side of my forearm (NW15-20)

(skin is a bit too pink in this picture)

It's a nice brush, but i wouldn't call it a must have. HTH
Thanks for posting! I'm going to skip this brush.

Copperhead

Oh - look @ her lips! Rich Purple Chromagraphic pencil & Violetta l/s!!! I have those!

Gonna wear that tomorrow!!!

Copperhead - thanks for posting that image!
Yeah I bought Rich Purple when I bought Violetta with the Fall Collection because it looked to be the liner that was paired with Violetta to get the look Cindy Sherman was wearing in one of the pics. And low and behold, it gave me the look. Some people thought she was wearing that Plum Bright lipstick but that just didn't look the same to me.

Fiberluver

Nice! I have both of those, too. Gotta try it.
OT: Funny I never paid any attention to Cindy Sherman's lips! When that collex debuted, I found myself wishing MAC had released a vid showing how she transformed herself.

I so love Violetta! I Purchased a b/up of it!!!

After reading all the post & seeing swatches I'm still not sure which sculpting cream to get!

I did a chat w/MAC this evening & the MUA suggested CW (Coffee Walnut) for my skin tone (NC 45).

She also suggested Spot Lit pressed pigment.

Uh - for real - I don't want a contour that may turn green on my cheeks!

CW does kinda look like Blunt blush.

I may have to wait until these hit the counter next week.

I've been so waiting for this collex!!!

Does anyone have any suggestion??? I definitely have warm tones in my skin - green veins on wrist!

Copperhead

OT: Funny I never paid any attention to Cindy Sherman's lips! When that collex debuted, I found myself wishing MAC had released a vid showing how she transformed herself.

I so love Violetta! I Purchased a b/up of it!!!

After reading all the post & seeing swatches I'm still not sure which sculpting cream to get!

I did a chat w/MAC this evening & the MUA suggested CW (Coffee Walnut) for my skin tone (NC 45).

She also suggested Spot Lit pressed pigment.

Uh - for real - I don't want a contour that may turn green on my cheeks!

CW does kinda look like Blunt blush.

I may have to wait until these hit the counter next week.

I've been so waiting for this collex!!!

Does anyone have any suggestion??? I definitely have warm tones in my skin - green veins on wrist!
This pic....

Cindy looks to have a little clear gloss on top.

Copper Beach sculpting cream should work for you. Applied and sheered out a bit, Richly Honed would probably work too.

califabulous

Yeah when I saw MAC-Guy (I think it was MAC-Guy) say something about if you have yellow undertones the Walnut cream can possibly have a cast of green I said
ohboy.gif
. LOL.
wowza so what undertone is best for coffee walnut? I am more like NC50 but I have dark olive undertones. I wonder if this would be my shade?? I also want to look at one of the pressed pigments. I have been wanting something natural but with sparkle or high shimmer....very close to my tone but with that extra pop. Not sure how it would go over but that's look swimming around in my head
graucho.gif

Copperhead

wowza so what undertone is best for coffee walnut? I am more like NC50 but I have dark olive undertones. I wonder if this would be my shade?? I also want to look at one of the pressed pigments. I have been wanting something natural but with sparkle or high shimmer....very close to my tone but with that extra pop. Not sure how it would go over but that's look swimming around in my head
graucho.gif
I wish I could help you. I'm kind of confused by Coffee Walnut.

PixieDancer

Aw, no in-store swatching for you then? :)

I hope it works out for you.
Yeah... I took a chance and ordered online. Went with the process of ellimination and narrowed my option down to CB. I have been WAY too busy to go to a store and I can't use my discount there anyways, so I took the gamble. Luckily there aren't a TON of choices like with foundation. So I hope I got close. I definitely took your advice and went darker than my original choice of PS! So you averted that possible disappointment! Thanks for the insight!! I'll let you know what I think tomorrow!

princess sarah

I have ended up with Pure Sculpture and Coffee Walnut, I was considering Richly Honed instead to use on my darker clients and then having PS as an option to mix but decided CW. I am hoping that I have picked right to mix with warm and cool tones and different skin colouring. I also grabbed the brush. Here are my swatches from my blog

Copper Beach, Coffee Walnut, Pure Sculpture, Naturally Defined, Accentuate, Richly Honed

NW20 for reference

DynoPupBeauty

I'm thinking of going back for Copper Beech or Coffee Walnut and wondering how these will turn out! Copper Beech is the safer choice after Pure Sculpture as a deeper colour but this green thing you guys are talking about is a bit worrying with Coffee Walnut....what to do? lol I'll report on it tomorrow I have yellow undertones! I'm gonna try it out again!
eeksign.gif
anyone.gif

DynoPupBeauty

I have ended up with Pure Sculpture and Coffee Walnut, I was considering Richly Honed instead to use on my darker clients and then having PS as an option to mix but decided CW. I am hoping that I have picked right to mix with warm and cool tones and different skin colouring. I also grabbed the brush. Here are my swatches from my blog

Copper Beach, Coffee Walnut, Pure Sculpture, Naturally Defined, Accentuate, Richly Honed

NW20 for reference

Ohhh i think I for sure want Coffee Walnut! As Copper Beach leans like a warm orange.... hmmm
2cents.gif