mac face and body

Copperhead

Scratch that. I am mistaken. I was thinking of the pigments. No, the contour cream doesn't match foundation shades.
th_crazy.gif
I chose my CC based on the descriptions. I knew Walnut was wrong b/c it was described as Cool and RH was described as warm, but deep brown. I didn't want anything that dramatic so process of elimination told me to choose CB.
Yeah when I saw MAC-Guy (I think it was MAC-Guy) say something about if you have yellow undertones the Walnut cream can possibly have a cast of green I said
ohboy.gif
. LOL.

Mac-Guy

How do you crush them? If I buff it a lot on my skin, I can remove all the glitters so only a golden beige stay on my skin, but what's the point of adding the glitters to the formula if we remove them? lol
I would crush them on a palette or on the back of your hand using a stiff brush (I did this with the 215). The palette is better though as it won't stick to it.

Crushing on the lid won't work too well unless you want to poke out your eyeballs. LOL.

Trying to remove the glitter from the actual lid is not a good idea as it will certainly fall out. Try just a tiny amount so you don't need to blend it like crazy. I hope it will work for you.

Mac-Guy

I did too... and I am also NC30-35! I hope I did right by switching out PS for CB in my cart before I finalized my order!! We will see tomorrow! That's when my black box arrives....
Good luck with yours prettygirl! Let us know what you think.
Aw, no in-store swatching for you then? :)

I hope it works out for you.

shontay07108

I go back and forth on how contour should look. I think it depends on the person wearing it, the rest of their makeup, and what they're going for. I've seen natural contour look beautiful, but I've also seen more dramatic contour look beautiful. I used to contour myself and admittedly, I was more on the dramatic side. I think as long as you're using a shade that is good for your skin and it's the right texture, it really depends on your own personal taste. :2cents:

Prototype83

Darnit! Now I want Copper Beach too. It might be a little light for me though.

Richly Honed actually made a great base for the pressed pigments. Not too sure about the lasting power, but I remember the pigments adhering wonderfully. That's how I'll use them, either wet or on top of RH.

prettygirl

I did too... and I am also NC30-35! I hope I did right by switching out PS for CB in my cart before I finalized my order!! We will see tomorrow! That's when my black box arrives....
Good luck with yours prettygirl! Let us know what you think.
I won't get mine til next week, Mac usually takes like a week to get here :(. BOO. Please keep us updated with your purchase :). Hopefully it'll work with our skintone!!

Edelmc

I really liked this collection- I got both brushes, the lightest pressed pigment and accentuate, naturally defined and coffee walnut sculpting creams. I would try to check these out in person and would echo what others are saying regarding picking the creams based on cool or warm rather than light or dark. I am nw10-15 and normally wouldn't even bat an eye lash at something as dark as coffee walnut but the mua suggested it and buffed out its the perfect shadow shade rather than using an orange/bronze shade to contour

PrettyKitty

I would crush them on a palette or on the back of your hand using a stiff brush (I did this with the 215). The palette is better though as it won't stick to it.

Crushing on the lid won't work too well unless you want to poke out your eyeballs. LOL.

Trying to remove the glitter from the actual lid is not a good idea as it will certainly fall out. Try just a tiny amount so you don't need to blend it like crazy. I hope it will work for you.
Thank you, I tried it and it doesn't work. It's just worst! loll I used the #242 brush, crushed it on my hand and all that was left on the brush to apply on my lids was the glitters!

The only way for me to make it works, is applying a drop of Mixing Medium on my lids and then, apply the Pressed Pigment over it with a stiff brush. It's SUPER shimmery and sparkly and pretty and it won't fall out as much. But you still need to be careful and not touch your lids during the day. Maybe it would work better over a base like the one from Too Faced which is made for glittery stuff. I still think we should never have to work so much to get good results with makeup. I like shimmery and sparkly eye shadow, but I hate when the glitters fall out everywhere on my face.

I think you can get a pretty amazing sparkly eye look with the pressed pigments, but you need a sticky base and I would only wear it for a special occasion. I would have called them Pressed Glitters.

Copperhead

Hello again ladies, here's swatches for the pressed pigments. I didn't purchase any - way too glittery for me! But they do look gorgeous!

They are also up on my blog as reviews:

Pro Sculpting Creams: http://dynopupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/mac-pro-sculpting-creams.html
Pressed Pigments: http://dynopupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/mac-pressed-pigments.html

afab2ee3_MACPressedPigmentinLightTouch-FaceandBodyCollection-ReviewsPhotosandSwatches1.jpeg

Nice swatches! I'd like to see these in person. Deeply Dashing and Beaming are the two I'd like to see the most. Something tells me I probably won't get any though. Beaming might be close to one of the shades in my Aloha Pigment stack.

shontay07108

I don't know if you'll want to get any after you try to remove the swatches from your hand. With all that glitter you'll look like you belong in a Taylor Swift video.