mac face and body

Copperhead

i loveee the purple lip. I got violetta but i never even used it out! but now i want the purple chromagraphic pencil to do this specific lip lol

Im starting to lean more towards Richly honed because I really want my face to look all chiseled and if that model can pull of copper beech, imma have to go darker
I think the thing with these creams seem to be that since they're a cream to powder product, it looks as though they can be applied and either buffed out to sheer them down a bit, or applied a bit more heavily to get the chiseled look that you're talking about.

luvlydee

I would def go with Richly Honed. I use colors like Richly Honed and Coffee Walnut a lot for contour on lighter skintones- including myself which I vary from Nc37 to NW 25
would u say richly honed has a lot of red in it? because thats what im trying to avoid. Red contours dont seem to look as natural on me

Mac-Guy

i loveee the purple lip. I got violetta but i never even used it out! but now i want the purple chromagraphic pencil to do this specific lip lol

Im starting to lean more towards Richly honed because I really want my face to look all chiseled and if that model can pull of copper beech, imma have to go darker
You can definitely wear RH. I wear it, and I'm NW15-20.

For the sculpting creams, it's not a matter of darkness or lightness of the product, but a matter of undertones. RH is a rich brown with red and blue undertones (make it more neutral than the two other shades). CB was far too orange, and while I can see it working as a blush, it's not ideal for contouring IMO. Now, of course, it depends on your complexion. If you are very warm (dark skinned or pale) and/or have red hair, CB will look stunning.

In a nutshell, base your decision upon your undertones and not upon the dark-/lightness of your skin.

luvlydee

For the sculpting creams, it's not a matter of darkness or lightness of the product, but a matter of undertones. RH is a rich brown with red and blue undertones (make it more neutral than the two other shades). CB was far too orange, and while I can see it working as a blush, it's not ideal for contouring IMO. Now, of course, it depends on your complexion. If you are very warm (dark skinned or pale) and/or have red hair, CB will look stunning.

In a nutshell, base your decision upon your undertones and not upon the dark-/lightness of your skin.
thanks so much. These are out already in pro stores? because im going to the city tonight for FNO and i should just take advantage while im out there

Dreaming Dancer

thanks for sharing this, I am hoping I did okay by ordering Accentuate, Naturally Defined, and pigments in Light Touch and Warming Heart. I'm not sure if Naturally Defined will be dark enough for a cheek contour shade though. Right now i use either Strada or the Guerlain 4 seasons bronzer in blonde lightly swirled together, depending on what blush i choose.

Colorqueen

would u say richly honed has a lot of red in it? because thats what im trying to avoid. Red contours dont seem to look as natural on me
It is hard to tell from the photos I am seeing, but my guess would be yes. I have not seen any really good photos of the swatches yet, so it all depends on what they look like in real life.

I find that when you are doing warmer makeup it is better to use a cooler contour and when doing cooler makeup, it is better to do a warmer contour- that is not always the case, but in many cases.

If you are warmer with red tones, I would play with the coffee walnut on one side and the RH on the other side and see which works best for you. Because these are meant to be sheer, which means they cast gentle shadows, you won't be SEEING them as much as you will be seeing the illusion they create.

Does that make sense?

Mac-Guy

thanks for sharing this, I am hoping I did okay by ordering Accentuate, Naturally Defined, and pigments in Light Touch and Warming Heart. I'm not sure if Naturally Defined will be dark enough for a cheek contour shade though. Right now i use either Strada or the Guerlain 4 seasons bronzer in blonde lightly swirled together, depending on what blush i choose.
ND is not a contour, it's a highlighter. The shade would have been completely wrong as a contour for me. It did not really work for my pale NW complexion. Accentuate was too peachy for me (I love this as a powder, but as a cream, it pulled too orange on me, at least as a highlight)).

Having said that, for photo shoots or HD cameras, where you wear a full coverage foundation, all of these shades will be useful. The key is to mix the shades together to find your perfect fit. If you look at the face charts and photographs, most of the PS creams are mixed with other products. You might try concealer, the mixing mediums (matte or shine) or even lipsticks. The PS creams can also be used as an eyeshadow or as a lipstick. I mixed ND with Smoked Paprika cream e/s and Lipmix Medium Nude and it turned into a great MLBB.

It's a learning experience that is a lot of fun if you are into contouring and exploring how shadows and highlights alter your bone structure.

PS: I'm a "true" NW complexion with pink undertones. For reference I'm 1.5 in Matchmaster (during the winter time, it's more like 1.25), N1 or N2 in F&B, NW20 in Studio Sculpt.

Dreaming Dancer

ND is not a contour, it's a highlighter. The shade would have been completely wrong as a contour for me. It did not really work for my pale NW complexion. Accentuate was too peachy for me (I love this as a powder, but as a cream, it pulled too orange on me, at least as a highlight)).

Having said that, for photo shoots or HD cameras, where you wear a full coverage foundation, all of these shades will be useful. The key is to mix the shades together to find your perfect fit. If you look at the face charts and photographs, most of the PS creams are mixed with other products. You might try concealer, the mixing mediums (matte or shine) or even lipsticks. The PS creams can also be used as an eyeshadow or as a lipstick. I mixed ND with Smoked Paprika cream e/s and Lipmix Medium Nude and it turned into a great MLBB.

It's a learning experience that is a lot of fun if you are into contouring and exploring how shadows and highlights alter your bone structure.

PS: I'm a "true" NW complexion with pink undertones. For reference I'm 1.5 in Matchmaster (during the winter time, it's more like 1.25), N1 or N2 in F&B, NW20 in Studio Sculpt.
Thanks Mac-Guy. I'll have to wait to get them to see how they work out. I never thought of using them on lips before, but will have to try that first thing. I have definitely been more interested in playing with highlights and contours lately so i am excited to try them out. Maybe i will try RH or CW for a contour then. I am sure i can use them on my eyes as well. My daily life doesn't really put me in front of the camera, more like the computer screen, LOL, since i work in an office. I have to be careful my contouring looks okay in day to day life. I'm still practicing, learning and trying new things though. I really appreciate you sharing your expertise with me. I learn so much from you. :)

PS: My skin is weird sometimes. I can wear both Matchmaster 1.0 and 1.5, the latter being only a tad dark in certain lighting. when I am at my vanity, they look the same on my skin. It seems like some days my skin acts more cool and other days it acts more neutral.

also, since you mentioned mixing things for your lips, i found a really neat lip combo this morning just on a whim. I layers Mac Mellow Mood lipstick, then restrict over it, and added Mally's gloss in Mally's baby and the look was a soft peachy pink nude with a gray undertone. Love!

Copperhead

Got a shipping conf # for my Richly Honed!
yahoo.gif
I hope I like it.

lyseD

i'm a fair bit darker, but my cousin is probably around nc40 - nc42 and has black hair -- just a few weeks ago she was wearing russian red, and it looked awesome! i was kind of surprised to hear it was RR, since it looks radically different than it does on my skintone. i've gone shopping with her last summer for red/bright lipsticks at sephora and i found a large number of shades were flattering on her...vesuvio by nars stands out in my memory...actually, i'll ask her for more recommendations if that's helpful!

i'm kind of intrigued by the pink-red marilyn lipstick, but i may sit that collection out since there are so many other products i am wanting this fall!!!
Thanks for your help. We are so different, I'm NW 20, it's hard for me to even imagine colours on her.

lyseD

Just did a quick online chat so I could get a free shipping code and she suggested the 186 brush and not the new one. Odd. Maybe it's easier for us non-makeup artists.
amuse.gif

shontay07108

Bought it at our freestanding store, it is very dense, uber soft and from synthetic hair. Comparison: 227 - 163 - 150 163 close up Swatch of CW blended out with 163 on the inner side of my forearm (NW15-20) (skin is a bit too pink in this picture) It's a nice brush, but i wouldn't call it a must have. HTH
I am so glad I bought that brush. I need it in my life. Still waiting for my package, though.

PrettyKitty

I got my order this morning, keep in mind that I haven't tested anything on my face yet.

Day Gleam pressed pigment is a very golden sparkly color. There's no way I would apply this on my cheeks, hello disco ball! However, I bought it to use it on my eyes. I'm not sure yet if it will works because the glitters doesn't seem to stick on the skin, so if you lightly rub your eyes during the day, you might find glitters everywhere. We will see...

Naturally Defined looks dark in the pan, but it goes much lighter and peachier on the skin. It's not shimmery at all, not even a slight amount of sheen or glow. In fact, it looks like a sheer concealer. I was afraid that it would be too dark, and I was right. There isn't much contrast between that colour and my skintone (NC30 at the moment), if at least it was glowy or something. But if your skin is very light, it won't even be dark enough to contour. I guess it would only work for much darker skin than mine, as an highlighter! I'll try it tomorrow, let's hope I'll change my mind.

Copperhead

I got my order this morning, keep in mind that I haven't tested anything on my face yet.

Day Gleam pressed pigment is a very golden sparkly color. There's no way I would apply this on my cheeks, hello disco ball! However, I bought it to use it on my eyes. I'm not sure yet if it will works because the glitters doesn't seem to stick on the skin, so if you lightly rub your eyes during the day, you might find glitters everywhere. We will see...

Naturally Defined looks dark in the pan, but it goes much lighter and peachier on the skin. It's not shimmery at all, not even a slight amount of sheen or glow. In fact, it looks like a sheer concealer. I was afraid that it would be too dark, and I was right. There isn't much contrast between that colour and my skintone (NC30 at the moment), if at least it was glowy or something. But if your skin is very light, it won't even be dark enough to contour. I guess it would only work for much darker skin than mine, as an highlighter! I'll try it tomorrow, let's hope I'll change my mind.
On one of the models in a link posted a few pages back, Day Gleam was applied with what they called a "humid" brush. I'm guessing that's a slightly dampened or lightly sprayed brush. That may help it to stick better. It didn't look all that sparkly on her.

http://smokeyeyesmua.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/mac-fashion-week-looks-revealed/