mac face and body

aradhana

I ordered mine from Nordstrom.com. They have free ship in the U.S., and also ship internationally now (international isn't free tho sadly).
i'll check this out. i can't recall if it was nordstrom or neiman marcus, but one of those doesn't ship mac products to canada....:( boo...
i guess since this is only suppose to be out in stores on the 13th, i may still be able to check out the brushes then, but now that i've seen dustin's review, i wonder if i should?

Medgal07

i'll check this out.  i can't recall if it was nordstrom or neiman marcus, but one of those doesn't ship mac products to canada....:( boo... i guess since this is only suppose to be out in stores on the 13th, i may still be able to check out the brushes then, but now that i've seen dustin's review, i wonder if i should?
Just checked the MAC web site & the brushes are restocked. Use code OVERTIME for free shipping until 11:59 PM today, Sept 9th.

nudibelle

I've not already tried it by myself, but the make up artist has been really fast with it, Face & body foundation has covered all the imperfections on my skin although it's mmm can we call it a sheer foundation? It has light coverage, but was enough for me (wow!). I didn't have a foundation brush and this one, 163, seemed really good for face & body and to use with sculpting cream (only to apply the product, then you need an angled brush to blend sculpting creams!). So, I've taken it! But of course I must try it several times (and learn how to use it) to say something more about it ^^
Thanks alot! I was wondering if this was good for foundation but was worried it would be streaky

princess sarah

I cant wait to get my brush, I will have it tomorrow once it arrives from Pro. I liked the shape of it when I saw it on the counter so I could just dump it on my face and get perfect product placement to contour.

You brought 4 Mac Guy!!! hahaha and I thought I was bad with Mac Brushes! I always buy every Mac Brush released of their full size collection

Anitacska

Has anyone bought the pressed pigments? I bought Warming Heart last week and I wore it as a cheek highlight yesterday, but it is very shimmery. It reminds me of the Laura Mercier Sequin e/s and Bobbi Brown eyeshadows that came out last year I think, and also the UD Star-something e/s. I can see using it on my eyes, but how on earth do you wear it on your face? I'm not against shimmer myself, but this looks a bit odd even for me, lol.

aradhana

Just checked the MAC web site & the brushes are restocked. Use code OVERTIME for free shipping until 11:59 PM today, Sept 9th.
Thanks for posting this - though I ended up only seeing it this morning, I still gave it a shot. Unfortunately the brushes are still out of stock on the canadian site, so when I try to check out the system automatically chucks them out of my cart!!! Snif. I'll try phoning one of the counters/ stores around here...

Mac-Guy

I cant wait to get my brush, I will have it tomorrow once it arrives from Pro. I liked the shape of it when I saw it on the counter so I could just dump it on my face and get perfect product placement to contour.

You brought 4 Mac Guy!!! hahaha and I thought I was bad with Mac Brushes! I always buy every Mac Brush released of their full size collection
I use one for contouring and one for highlighting with cream products. One set is for my Pro kit and one set is for my personal use. This equals 4 in total. :-0

It's a great brush and I don't think that MAC will release any contouring brushes in the near future. I'd better stock up now than regret it later. I'm sure there are alternatives to this brush, but not within the MAC product range.

If someones doesn't contour or does not feel the need to use a specific brush, there is certainly no need to buy this brush. However, I do love it and I will most likely use them on a daily basis.

annemariemakeup

I'm getting so curious about these pressed pigments - my order of Warming Heart and Day Gleam should arrive today. Fingers crossed!!

Edelmc

Has anyone bought the pressed pigments? I bought Warming Heart last week and I wore it as a cheek highlight yesterday, but it is very shimmery. It reminds me of the Laura Mercier Sequin e/s and Bobbi Brown eyeshadows that came out last year I think, and also the UD Star-something e/s. I can see using it on my eyes, but how on earth do you wear it on your face? I'm not against shimmer myself, but this looks a bit odd even for me, lol.  
I was originally going to buy Light touch as a cheek highlighter but after I saw it in store I bought it to use as an eyeshadow. I felt it was too glittery for the cheeks but would look lovely as a wash of colour on the lid with a nice eye liner

MACina

I would like to use it like this too!

And I think that it makes a pretty "base" for a lot of eyeshadows to make them "glow".
I was originally going to buy Light touch as a cheek highlighter but after I saw it in store I bought it to use as an eyeshadow. I felt it was too glittery for the cheeks but would look lovely as a wash of colour on the lid with a nice eye liner

PrettyKitty

Pressed Pigment Day Gleam (more pics on the blog, link is in my signature):

I know this pic is blurry but it show the glitters much better!

Anitacska

Yes, I think the answer is these are not cheek highlighter, they are shimmery eyeshadows, lol. I really liked 3 of them, but only bought one, I'd buy more if they had them in more interesting colours though.

Copperhead

Verdict still out on Richly Honed. I'm liking it better today than I did yesterday. I like it but I still don't know if I want to keep it. I mean I could use a new 266 brush which just so happens to be the same price. LOL!

honey on boost

My pigments arrived today.. Looks like UPS decided to crush them up before I could cause they are all FUBARED!

x2 I bought them for the same reason

Yazmin

Thanks for posting this - though I ended up only seeing it this morning, I still gave it a shot. Unfortunately the brushes are still out of stock on the canadian site, so when I try to check out the system automatically chucks them out of my cart!!! Snif. I'll try phoning one of the counters/ stores around here...
I've got two sets on hold for me at my Pro store, but I'm willing to share. Let me know if you want a set.

pemily

My pigments arrived today.. Looks like UPS decided to crush them up before I could cause they are all FUBARED! x2 I bought them for the same reason
Aww poor thing :-( I saw the contours yesterday at my pro store and all I could think was poop!!!!! Baby poop They didn't get the piggies but! So I left with soft and gentle and warm soul... Wanted flirt and tease but no stock :-( Mind you I went In JUST for brush cleaner :)

duckrodeo

I must have fallen asleep and missed the memo about the contour brush. I'm definitely getting it! What else should I get from this collex? hmmm

princess sarah

Mine arrived today and I can see why you love it. I was looking at it in store and i was impressed with how light it was and the shorter handle

playing around with it today and I like the feel of the bristles. I also got my contouring products so looking forward to sitting down with them this week and creating my perfectly contoured cheeks.

silly question... how do you highlight with cream products and contour with cream products and get them to blend seamlessly? I like the idea behind all of that and what do you use as a cream highlighter? is it better to do that and set it rather than use MSF?

I use one for contouring and one for highlighting with cream products. One set is for my Pro kit and one set is for my personal use. This equals 4 in total. :-0

It's a great brush and I don't think that MAC will release any contouring brushes in the near future. I'd better stock up now than regret it later. I'm sure there are alternatives to this brush, but not within the MAC product range.

If someones doesn't contour or does not feel the need to use a specific brush, there is certainly no need to buy this brush. However, I do love it and I will most likely use them on a daily basis.

Mac-Guy

Mine arrived today and I can see why you love it. I was looking at it in store and i was impressed with how light it was and the shorter handle

playing around with it today and I like the feel of the bristles. I also got my contouring products so looking forward to sitting down with them this week and creating my perfectly contoured cheeks.

silly question... how do you highlight with cream products and contour with cream products and get them to blend seamlessly? I like the idea behind all of that and what do you use as a cream highlighter? is it better to do that and set it rather than use MSF?
I use the 163 to place it and then blend it out with another brush (depending what kind of contour I want, I use different brushes. I probably prefer the 169 due to its synthetic bristles). The key is to know where to place the product and then blend it from there. If you placed it in the wrong spot, it's really tricky to rectify the mistake. I use the highlighter first to create a think layer, then I do the contour. Then I go back again with the highlighter. As you already place as base with the first layer of highlighter, it blends much easier. I use CCB's as highlighter. Eventually, I follow with an MSF. I wouldn't use an MSF on its own as it would not last nearly as long as the combination of CCB + MSF. Follow with a set powder. I prefer P+P. HTH