mac face and body

Copperhead

Mine arrived today and I can see why you love it. I was looking at it in store and i was impressed with how light it was and the shorter handle

playing around with it today and I like the feel of the bristles. I also got my contouring products so looking forward to sitting down with them this week and creating my perfectly contoured cheeks.

silly question... how do you highlight with cream products and contour with cream products and get them to blend seamlessly? I like the idea behind all of that and what do you use as a cream highlighter? is it better to do that and set it rather than use MSF?
Gossmakeupartist has good vids on how he does it. Here are only 3 of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBLHE0ME-GA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTb5vOIuzBE&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa-O0H45BxE&feature=plcp

duckrodeo

I ordered the contour brush. I was going to get the shader brush, but I have a similar one that does the job and it works for me. Also Blanc Type and All That Glitters shadows wooot

Mac-Guy

I ordered the contour brush. I was going to get the shader brush, but I have a similar one that does the job and it works for me. Also Blanc Type and All That Glitters shadows wooot
If you only pick one brush, the 163 is certainly more useful than the 215. Woohoo. Join the contouring brush family! :)

lyseD

I'm planning on getting Blanc Type this week too since ever ivory seems to be a dud.

duckrodeo

I'm planning on getting Blanc Type this week too since ever ivory seems to be a dud.
That's why I got BT, too. I'd rather spend the money on a shadow I know has good performance.
If you only pick one brush, the 163 is certainly more useful than the 215. Woohoo. Join the contouring brush family! :)
I've been looking for a good contour brush! I have a big kabuki-style fan brush and the 109 but it's very easy to waste product with them and they lack the precision. I have pretty high cheekbones and a rounded face, so I definitely need a good performing brush if I want to accentuate rather than muddle and muck up lol.

patentg33k

My Pure Sculpture arrived today and I rushed to the mirror to try it out. I didn't get my 163 brush yet, so I used a synthetic foundation brush (Chanel paddle-style). I really liked the contour effect. My skin is warm/slightly gold (NC15/20), and the texture of Pure Sculpture seemed very natural. Blended out, I really liked the effect. In fact, I'm sending back Whole Lotta Love blush (I have a *cough* few cool pink blushes already) to get a backup of pure sculpture. Hope this helps someone!

liesierre

I'm getting a backup of Coffee Walnut... even with how pale I am, it still works nicely for contouring on me since its not warmed toned like most of the rest of them.

Shellcat

Just had to watch so I could get my Goss fix TODAY...
th_drool.gif

LOL!

aradhana

So I received my f&b items today and just had a chance to swatch them on my arm. I also got one of the office hours shadows. I really like the textures of the sculpting cream and the pressed pigment, though I'm quite curious to see how the full on sparkle translates onto tthe eyes. I think these will look nice layered over the pl es and the sculpting creams.... I also checked with one the local counters and they are going to be getting the brushes on thursday... So I guess this wknd I'll be going to pick those up. The sales assistant didn't seem to think I needed to reserve, but I'm starting to wonder if I should have?! I guess if it ain't meant to be I won't die. I'll just have a smaller brush collection.

Copperhead

I also checked with one the local counters and they are going to be getting the brushes on thursday... So I guess this wknd I'll be going to pick those up. The sales assistant didn't seem to think I needed to reserve, but I'm starting to wonder if I should have?! I guess if it ain't meant to be I won't die. I'll just have a smaller brush collection.
Which shades did you get?

princess sarah

Thankyou so much Mac Guy, I have been contouring with powder products and I like the idea of being able to use cream products to highlight and contour at the same time. I really appreciate your advice and guess what I am practising this weekend!! hahaha

The 163 is awesome for product placement, fantastic investment and I think looking at my massive brush collection last night that I need a few other face brushes for different effects.
I use the 163 to place it and then blend it out with another brush (depending what kind of contour I want, I use different brushes. I probably prefer the 169 due to its synthetic bristles). The key is to know where to place the product and then blend it from there. If you placed it in the wrong spot, it's really tricky to rectify the mistake. I use the highlighter first to create a think layer, then I do the contour. Then I go back again with the highlighter. As you already place as base with the first layer of highlighter, it blends much easier. I use CCB's as highlighter. Eventually, I follow with an MSF. I wouldn't use an MSF on its own as it would not last nearly as long as the combination of CCB + MSF. Follow with a set powder. I prefer P+P. HTH

Latest posts