mac face and body

Medgal07

The bristles are short and very dense, which makes it very firm but definitely not scratchy.
Absolutely right Mac-Guy! I finally got around to using my 215 and I LOVE it. It is NOT scratchy! I used it to apply my favorite MAC Pigment, Aurora and it was awesome. I am so not a PRO but I sure felt accomplished when I saw how nicely the pigment applied with this brush.
yahoo.gif

lyseD

I'm NW 20 and ended up with the second last Coffee Walnut. It was perfect for me with a light hand and really looked natural. My MA said almost everyone has bought that shade.

Michelemu21

I bought Coffee Walnut (I am nw20 and it is not too dark on me). Also Accentuate (someone on here said Kim K highlighter and that made me take a second look). I am very happy with both.

aradhana

i picked up a gleam cream from illamasqua, so i think with richly honed, i'm covered on the highlight/contour front!

peachsuns

Naturally Defined is too light for my liking for a contour shade, I don't feel that it would actually "sculpt" my face.

When the SA tried on me the sculpting creams her next idea was the same thing you wrote, try Baby don't go on me as a contour shade.
The results were quite funny, it turned out really rosy-beige on me, like if I was sunburnt. The SA told me that it was strange, but she said also that it was rather rosy on me than a cool brownish colour.
But it happened with me before with other products as well, that colours turned out to be more intensive on my skin than on others.
For example the SA (nc25 approx) wore a golden-peachy shade mineralize eyeshadow from a previous collection, she tried it out on me and it was almost orangy.
She said that I am so fair skinned that pigments are showing up on my skin with more intensity.

NYX Taupe looks really good against my skin though, a truly greyish-brown shade, it seems that I should stick with it... Or maybe I will visit a theatre supply makeup store, I bet they have a wild range of contour shades...
I will def try NYX Taupe. Thanks for the suggestion!
amuse.gif

kimibos

i ordered spot lit on wednesday and my nordstrom order is still in process. i get it the shipping is free but i hate how slow it is. i should have gone to the store but this week was not a good one for me.
ohboy.gif

OhSoJaded

i ordered spot lit on wednesday and my nordstrom order is still in process. i get it the shipping is free but i hate how slow it is. i should have gone to the store but this week was not a good one for me.
ohboy.gif
Was it available for store pickup? Next time, you can do that b/c they usually process it same day. I'm not sure how long they hold it for, though. I've picked it up like a week after it was ready before, haha.

kimibos

Was it available for store pickup? Next time, you can do that b/c they usually process it same day. I'm not sure how long they hold it for, though. I've picked it up like a week after it was ready before, haha.
no they didnt have it for these. the thing is that now i kind of like ordering online cause no one at home sees what i ordered. if i go to the store, someone always sticks to me, like if its a field trip. they always tell me how i dont need something, or that i have similar products or colors. then i get back home i regret not getting something!!!
angry.gif

tats

I'm skipping theese scupting creams just becaus I think I have enough countoring products.. but I would love to try them in the future if thy are permanent..
Speaking of contour products I would recommend Illamasqua Hollow cream pigment to anyone with light NW or NC complctions. I think it would look better on NW, but works for NC too, but it won't work on anyone darker as it will be too light. It doesn't work for me when I'm tanned.
I sometimes use darker foundation for contouring as well, so yeah, enough contouring products at the minute.. I'd rather spend my money on Holiday Collection :)
And as far as highlighting goes, I usually use white foundation lol

Michelemu21

I used CW today with my 180 brush. It gave my face almost a heart shape instead of round. The SA thought if they sold well they might become perm

martiangurll

I'm skipping theese scupting creams just becaus I think I have enough countoring products.. but I would love to try them in the future if thy are permanent..
Speaking of contour products I would recommend Illamasqua Hollow cream pigment to anyone with light NW or NC complctions. I think it would look better on NW, but works for NC too, but it won't work on anyone darker as it will be too light. It doesn't work for me when I'm tanned.
I sometimes use darker foundation for contouring as well, so yeah, enough contouring products at the minute.. I'd rather spend my money on Holiday Collection :)
And as far as highlighting goes, I usually use white foundation lol
I have been wanting to get into Illamasqua so I will check into that...TY! And I am guessing no concerns about baby poo green tone?

duckrodeo

I gave in and ordered Coffee Walnut and Accentuate online. My local MAC store was out of CW when I went in there yesterday, and they don't have the newly added lipsticks, so I just went ahead and shopped the website.

tats

I have been wanting to get into Illamasqua so I will check into that...TY! And I am guessing no concerns about baby poo green tone?
Oh no, no green tones there, it's more of a taupey brown :) I swatched it for you lol sorry I just like swatching. I think I need to create a blog lol

the bottom pic is just to compare the size with a blush, cream pigments are smaller and are matte finish as seen on the swatch

Mac-Guy

I gave in and ordered Coffee Walnut and Accentuate online. My local MAC store was out of CW when I went in there yesterday, and they don't have the newly added lipsticks, so I just went ahead and shopped the website.
I think these are the best colors for you. Let us know how you like them :)

OhSoJaded

no they didnt have it for these. the thing is that now i kind of like ordering online cause no one at home sees what i ordered. if i go to the store, someone always sticks to me, like if its a field trip. they always tell me how i dont need something, or that i have similar products or colors. then i get back home i regret not getting something!!!
angry.gif
Haha, yes. I like online shopping for the same reason! Plus, I'm usually the only home when the packages arrive, so it makes for easing box disposal. It's kinda sad though, that whenever my BF gets home and sees me doing my makeup, he always asks "Playing with new makeup?". Haha, while that's true most of the time, sometimes I'm actually just getting ready for the night!

sss215

I got the 215 today and it feels great when i took it out the pack. I knew I would love this brush!!! I'm washing it before I go to bed so I can use it in the morning. I like the darkest pressed pigment, it reminds me of universal mix pigment; chocolate brown,cool taupe and silver glitter, so now I am deciding if I should go to the CCO and grab rich life because I am thinking about wearing glitter through out this holiday season.

xasperadastra

Oh no, no green tones there, it's more of a taupey brown :) I swatched it for you lol sorry I just like swatching. I think I need to create a blog lol
the bottom pic is just to compare the size with a blush, cream pigments are smaller and are matte finish as seen on the swatch
how would you compare Coffee walnut to Illamasqua's hollow? I like this cream pigment!!

tats

how would you compare Coffee walnut to Illamasqua's hollow? I like this cream pigment!!
I can only judge from the swatches as I don't have that one
I found this pic here which I think would help

pic is taken from this website if someone is interested in swatches of CW on light skin tone - http://projectswatch.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/mac-coffee-walnut-pro-sculpting-cream.html

So, CW is on the left and something else is on the right, but I would say Illamasqua pigment looks more like swatch on the right :)