mac face and body

Mac-Guy

Absolutely right Mac-Guy! I finally got around to using my 215 and I LOVE it. It is NOT scratchy! I used it to apply my favorite MAC Pigment, Aurora and it was awesome. I am so not a PRO but I sure felt accomplished when I saw how nicely the pigment applied with this brush.
yahoo.gif
The texture of Aurora is just divine.
heart2.gif

CoolinOlympia

I didn't expect to get anything from this collection but ended up getting the eyeshadow brush, four of the pigments and one sculpting cream! I can't wait to try them, today! The pressed pigments were SOOOOO gorgeous when I tried them in the store! SUPER gorgeous. I tried numerous sculpting creams but didn't like the effect on my face, so stuck with a lighter shade that I will try for shading and maybe as a base for all of my many bronzers for contouring!!!

Fiberluver

I tried the 4 darker shades of the sculpting cream yesterday.

CW pulled too green on me - I'm warm - green veins and all.
RH - too dark
PS - too light
CB - disappeared right into my skin.

Oh well - not meant to be.

I'll stick w/Blunt blush.

sherm

Oh no, no green tones there, it's more of a taupey brown :) I swatched it for you lol sorry I just like swatching. I think I need to create a blog lol
the bottom pic is just to compare the size with a blush, cream pigments are smaller and are matte finish as seen on the swatch
I like the look of this!! I'll have to check it out at Sephora soon. I got Pure Sculpture at the MA's recommendation and it looked fine in the store but I'm not loving it when I apply it at home. Still want to play with it a little more but I'm not totally sold.

shontay07108

I returned all 3 items I got from this collection: the pressed pigment, the sculpting cream and the face brush. I knew the pigment had to go back. It was a total fail for me. The sculpting cream didn't quite pan out and if I'm not 100% happy, it's not worth it. Like I said before, something was just off about it on my skin. So, if the cream didn't work, I might as well send the brush back, too. It was a cool brush and I didn't have the problems some other people had with it, but I bought it specifically to work with the contour cream. So, this was a bust for me. Guess I'll stick with my mufe sculpting powder. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I guess.

luvlydee

So, this was a bust for me. Guess I'll stick with my mufe sculpting powder. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I guess.
did you try the other cream colors? or was it the texture that you were unhappy with.

I reallly want to get CW even though i do lean more warm but im still neutral. I seem more olive than warm if that makes any sense? so i am hoping cw will work. Im not really interested is RH or CB anymore

shontay07108

did you try the other cream colors? or was it the texture that you were unhappy with.   I reallly want to get CW even though i do lean more warm but im still neutral.  I seem more olive than warm if that makes any sense? so i am hoping cw will work.  Im not really interested is RH or CB anymore
The texture was fine. The color seemed to almost blend into my skin, not giving me any kind of contour. When I tried to build it up, it went a bit ashy on me.

OhSoJaded

I wasn't planning on hauling from this collection, mostly b/c I don't really use cream contour products. But, I decided that I want to at least try it out in store. Who knows, I might like it after all! I'll probably try it out if I have time today. Maybe even if it's not available to purchase in store, I know I've seen these available online. But I definitely need help from whoever is at the counter. If left to my own devices, I'll probably pick the wrong shades and hate it without even really trying it!

luvlydee

Sooo ummm the two cream contours i didnt want i ended up getting lol. Copper beach is perfect for a natural contour. The mua applied it with a 109 brush. Richly honed was very strong looking but she said it looked a bit off because i need to even up my complexion first with foundation. Coffee walnut did look like baby poop in the pan lol When i tried it on it didnt turn green but turned into a light greyish color. It was kind of weird but i know it looked great on other ppl

princess sarah

I swatched all of the pressed pigments today, here is the picture from my blog. On NW20 skin for reference

Light Touch, Day Gleam, Deeply Dashing, Warming Heart, Beaming, Stop Lit

Mac-Guy

Didn't MAC stop sending her samples? I wouldn't be surprised if she's holding a bit of a grudge.
As she is not a fan of glitter, it's a wise decision not to review the pressed piggies. Why review a product that you know you won't like anyway?! Good for her that she passed.

sss215

Didn't MAC stop sending her samples? I wouldn't be surprised if she's holding a bit of a grudge.
I always thought they sent her some and she brought whatever they didn't send. Regardless, of whether they stop sending her PR or not, she buys a lot of MAC and definately has helped boost MAC sales with her swatches (which are some of the best around) I think her reviews are her opinion only and seriously MAC needs to know what products are good, bad and just flat out horrible so hopefully they can fix it. Good or bad, Internet buzz is free publicity for a company.