MAC Faerie Whispers Collection (Dec 23 / 26, 2015)

erine1881

Uggh...I ordered it earlier because there were some nice pics & then I saw other swatches that were too warm for my liking so I tried to cancel it but Nordies isn't sure they can because they are shipping everything so fast. Oh well :doh: So I ordered Spellbinder because Erine said she loved it :kisskiss::goofs:

:flowers:

So glad you like it love!!!

BeautyFan55

I grabbed 4 of the shadows, magic in your eyes, enchanted forest joy toy and faerie fayre, and enchanter and ATF today online. I am in the mood for a new highlighter but I don't know if PB will work for me. if it is around after I see swatches, I'll grab it.

lilinah

Could be interesting to me. I use small brushes for my blush. In fact, i've been using a fluffy angled eye shadow brush for powder blushes. I want my blush right where i want it, on my cheek bones and absolutely not on the apples of my cheeks. I also like a small brush to apply contouring powder - of course i buff it with a bigger brush afterwards so it doesn't look like a line of mud :snooty:

So a big fluffy brush doesn't work for me for blush. For face powder, sure, since i mostly use loose powders.

And that little brush looks like it would also work well for cream blushes, like MAC Cream Colour Bases and Casual Colours (and i have some NARS cream blushes, too)

Say, anyone know how that little brush kit from the Holiday collection, the "Essentials" with all the white ones, is?

Last edited:

Myth

Ha, I should have bought 2 Gossamer Wing and 1 All I Want and not the other way around lol! I can't even find any dupes for GW among all my MAC nudes lol, it is perfection:xmas:

KGeezy

Yayyy my goodies just came! Spellbinder and Cheek Pollen are gorgeous!! So glad I picked those two up. ATF is pretty, although it's not as brown as I thought it would be. On me (NC42) it looks like more like a nude; it's one of those 'job interview' lipsticks lol. It's still a nice color though

T-B
ATF,Cheek Pollen, Spellbinder

IMG_0951.JPG

Sweetyellow

Got my goodies today and I'm really happy with both blushes. Cheek Pollen would work on a lot more WOC especially if you layer it with Shaft of Gold then it's a gorgeous bronze-y glow. Spellbinder though I honestly would recommend to people up to NC45, it's definitely not as universal. I got Midsummer Night and it's a pretty nude-ish peach, intending on wearing it with Hover lipliner. The beauty powder is pretty too but didn't get a chance to swatch properly. I forgot that I also bought Faerie Fayre Eyeshadow and it's quite nice but I don't see myself buying anymore of the foiled shadows.

NaomiH

Yayyy my goodies just came! Spellbinder and Cheek Pollen are gorgeous!! So glad I picked those two up. ATF is pretty, although it's not as brown as I thought it would be. On me (NC42) it looks like more like a nude; it's one of those 'job interview' lipsticks lol. It's still a nice color though

T-B
ATF,Cheek Pollen, Spellbinder

View attachment 50773

Thanks for the swatches! Definitely need Cheek Pollen.

NaomiH

Got my goodies today and I'm really happy with both blushes. Cheek Pollen would work on a lot more WOC especially if you layer it with Shaft of Gold then it's a gorgeous bronze-y glow. Spellbinder though I honestly would recommend to people up to NC45, it's definitely not as universal. I got Midsummer Night and it's a pretty nude-ish peach, intending on wearing it with Hover lipliner. The beauty powder is pretty too but didn't get a chance to swatch properly. I forgot that I also bought Faerie Fayre Eyeshadow and it's quite nice but I don't see myself buying anymore of the foiled shadows.

I'll have to try that combo when I pick up CP!

lyseD

Ha, I should have bought 2 Gossamer Wing and 1 All I Want and not the other way around lol! I can't even find any dupes for GW among all my MAC nudes lol, it is perfection:xmas:

Oh no. Do I need gossamer wing? I love a good nude.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'll skip CP. I have blushes like Equilibrium, Poised and Pressed Amber which I think are better suited for my skintone.

Wishing everyone Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

shizzelly

TwiggyPop and I are going after Christmas shopping tomorrow and I will totally be swatching the two blushes and highlighters! I'm also hoping that at least one of the dept. stores will have the new YSL spring collection out as I'm super interested in a few of the items.