MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

hello_kitty

Letterhead takes about 2 seconds to make...

I wrote a letter and contract for a MUA once, so I took my logo that I normally watermark my photos with, and stuck it at the top of the Word document. Under that centered my address. And wa-la! Letterhead!

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie*72
Alrighty! I contacted 2 clients and they are emailing me letters of reference, I also worked on my letterhead and made a flyer---and contacted a few local places to hand it out.
So, I'll be sending:
2 letters of reference
business card
flyer
contract
application
copy of ID

I hope it's enough this time! It is really frustrating to read this thread about them accepting a business card and a contract that can easily be faked. kwim?
How else is an independent freelancer supposed to get in? Plus we're paying them!

Not only that were paying them we put money into their products and our advertising products glad mine was accepted best of luck!!!

Tat2dbeauty07

Going to MAC tomorrow even though I dont have my pro card yet
smiles.gif
Wonder if they can some how call customer service for my number and let me use it tomorrow that would be nice cause then Id buy more!

iadorepretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
Going to MAC tomorrow even though I dont have my pro card yet
smiles.gif
Wonder if they can some how call customer service for my number and let me use it tomorrow that would be nice cause then Id buy more!

just call before you go.

over the past weekend i needed a few things, but hadn't received my card yet. i called my local Pro store and they were able to look me up in the system to see if i was "Active" in the system. i was able show photo ID at the register and started using my discount.

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadorepretty
just call before you go.

over the past weekend i needed a few things, but hadn't received my card yet. i called my local Pro store and they were able to look me up in the system to see if i was "Active" in the system. i was able show photo ID at the register and started using my discount.

I wish I would of know that I would of bought so much then.... I asked MAC's toll free number and the pro line and they both told me no.

But I did only pay for one of the thing and got the other 6 free from B2M's I had.

pixie*72

Quote:
Not only that were paying them we put money into their products and our advertising products glad mine was accepted best of luck!!!

Thank you! I sent all of my stuff (again) last week, fingers crossed!! Prom and wedding season is coming quickly!

Tat2dbeauty07

I know I have a wedding lines up for next month my brothers boss is getting married and his future wife got wind of me being a makeup artist for when I did my sister in laws wedding and she called me up yey! then my friends daughter goes to prom and asked me to do her makeup when that comes up so I will be doing that to.

dnelson

i am so confused...
I faxed in all of my application stuff and got a call saying my ID was too dark, that I needed to resubmit it.
So I faxed it all in again, on Thursday and today (Monday) called to verify that they received my application. The person I spoke with told me they never accept application via fax. So I called back later and spoke with someone else who told me the same thing and also told me I wasn't in their system at all... wth??

Tat2dbeauty07

They told me that to they were like why did you fax it how did you get our number I told them it was publicly published and she transferred me to the department that receives the faxes and they were very nicd helped me with my application the first 2 or 3 times mine didnt come in right but my final attempt I checked on the following day to find I was approved.

dnelson

Quote:
They told me that to they were like why did you fax it how did you get our number I told them it was publicly published and she transferred me to the department that receives the faxes and they were very nicd helped me with my application the first 2 or 3 times mine didnt come in right but my final attempt I checked on the following day to find I was approved.

oh ok!! thanks!! Yeah I was so confused because I knew they had already received my first fax and a lot of people on hear fax theirs... **whew... sigh of relief**

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnelson
oh ok!! thanks!! Yeah I was so confused because I knew they had already received my first fax and a lot of people on hear fax theirs... **whew... sigh of relief**

Yes your fine did you follow up on it find anything out yet Im still waiting to receive my card but know I was approved.

Pry wont place my first pro order for a month I already hit up the mac store b2m got 7 new things then went to the CCO and bought more!

dnelson

Quote:
Yes your fine did you follow up on it find anything out yet Im still waiting to receive my card but know I was approved.

Pry wont place my first pro order for a month I already hit up the mac store b2m got 7 new things then went to the CCO and bought more!

It looks like they didn't get it...but the guy said to call back tmm and talk with the person who told me to re-fax it to begin with. GAH!!! I'm so anxious.. I just want it already!!
I have a CCO about two mins from where I work, but they never have anything great... haven't been in awhile though... hmm....

Tat2dbeauty07

My CCO has some neat goodies I got the seductress look in a box set, the graphic gardens palette, perfect topping msf and lavender whip lipstick.

Tat2dbeauty07

Doing the Happy dance got my Pro Card today. Paycheck and Pro Card I am so happy! Not spending my paycheck with my Pro Card though hehe got to pay bills but the money I get off my next wedding I do I'm expanding my collection.

dnelson

Quote:
Doing the Happy dance got my Pro Card today. Paycheck and Pro Card I am so happy! Not spending my paycheck with my Pro Card though hehe got to pay bills but the money I get off my next wedding I do I'm expanding my collection.

LUCKY!! congrats! enjoy your discount!! whoo-hoo more mac!!

BeautyByLele

Hey everyone im new to the forum !!! I mailed off my application to Canada approx two weeks ago and I have not heard anything. I sent a business card, a letter from a client and also my contract that I give to clients prior to scheduling an appointment.So I have my fingers crossed

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyByLele
Hey everyone im new to the forum !!! I mailed off my application to Canada approx two weeks ago and I have not heard anything. I sent a business card, a letter from a client and also my contract that I give to clients prior to scheduling an appointment.So I have my fingers crossed

You can call and do a follow up on your application I faxed mine in and it arrived in a little over a week from the time they told me I was approved. The whole process took under 2 weeks for me.

Tat2dbeauty07

Can someone help me find the brush belt does anyone know where it is off hand on the pro site. I think thats the first thing going in my order I need it. It will keep my brushes so organized for when Im doing makeup instead of having my brushes scattered out.

brnskinn09

hey everybody im new 2 spectra and i had a ? some1 could answer 4 me
for the pro card are they still letting people fax their app or not and they also have a office in buffalo ny for membership processing did anybody send theirs there a if you did how lng was the process ...thanks any info is appreciated !!

Latest posts