MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnskinn09
hey everybody im new 2 spectra and i had a ? some1 could answer 4 me
for the pro card are they still letting people fax their app or not and they also have a office in buffalo ny for membership processing did anybody send theirs there a if you did how lng was the process ...thanks any info is appreciated !!

My card came from the new york office and I did fax my application was approved and had my card in under 2 weeks

brnskinn09

thankx tad2dbeauty do u have the fax # if dont mind
and the number to follow up with them to make sure they recieved my fax i want to send my paperwork off monday thanks so much

dnelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyByLele
Hey everyone im new to the forum !!! I mailed off my application to Canada approx two weeks ago and I have not heard anything. I sent a business card, a letter from a client and also my contract that I give to clients prior to scheduling an appointment.So I have my fingers crossed

They will only accept the letter if it was on professional letterhead, and do not accept personal contracts. They have to be through a company...

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnskinn09
thankx tad2dbeauty do u have the fax # if dont mind
and the number to follow up with them to make sure they recieved my fax i want to send my paperwork off monday thanks so much

Here is the fax number I used 905-944-6400 and the number I called to follow up with it was the pro number... 1-877-553-5536.

Fax your application in it takes them about a half hour for them to recieve it so wait about an hour to call and check on it. Do call and check on sometimes they need you to darken your id resend the fax so make sure they receive the complete fax I had to refax mine pry 3 times but in the end it was worth it my proofs were accepted and I was approved.

Sometimes you will get a less than polite representative that wants to know why yours faxing your information. I told them I obtained their fax number off of an old application and then they forwarded me to the department that receives faxes.

I sent mine in on MLK which was a family holiday so I called tuesday to check on it they didnt receive so I refaxed it checked on it they asked me to send in a darker copy of my ID which I refaxed again they then told me they didnt receive my complete fax I refaxed called that following day and I had a really nice rep who told me we received it you will receive you hard in 2-3 weeks I got my card today so it didnt take long at all.

BeautyByLele

Okay thanks, darn then I will probably get denied because the letter I sent was on a professional letterhead, although the contract was my personal contract and it was on my company letterhead.

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Okay thanks, darn then I will probably get denied because the letter I sent was on a professional letterhead, although the contract was my personal contract and it was on my company letterhead.

I sent in my contract on my company letterhead but I also sent in 2 letters of refferance from events I did also my flyer and business card.

BeautyByLele

Okay well I guess I should just wait and see what happens. Along with the client letter and my company contract I also sent a business card. If someone had been denied how long did it take to be notified you were denied??? Is there a "difference" in sending the info to the office in NY OR the Canada office ???

mern

I sent in a reference letter from a client, my business card and contract on company letter head to the Canada office and was denied in about a month. I didn't receive a call or email it was just mailed back to me saying personal references couldn't be used. Although because I'm freelance I don't do photo shoots or magazines or what not so I'm kind of stuck. I usually do bridal parties, grad/prom and random special events (birthdays, new years etc.) I usually work for random personal contacts that contact me via business card so no one professional yet. I do have professional pictures of a few brides I could do up a business flyer if that would help?

BeautyByLele

Wow mern, sounds like we sent in the exact same things and you got denied
ssad.gif

That means I will probably get denied as well
ssad.gif

Was the contract YOUR'S or was it a contract someone gave you for a job you completed???

Hello everyone newbie to the site here although I have been stalking for about a month, so please forgive me
winkiss.gif

I just want to thank everyone for being so helpful even if you didn't realize it! I took the advice of the many women in the forum and faxed in my application, actually the same day as Tat2dbeauty07 and I recieved my card today
yahoo.gif

Just to help anyone else out..you lurkers lol...I faxed in my business card, a letter of reference (on their company letterhead), and my ID.....and I faxed a personal contract on company letterhead.

So Mac here I come!

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihearmakeup33
Hello everyone newbie to the site here although I have been stalking for about a month, so please forgive me
winkiss.gif

I just want to thank everyone for being so helpful even if you didn't realize it! I took the advice of the many women in the forum and faxed in my application, actually the same day as Tat2dbeauty07 and I recieved my card today
yahoo.gif

Just to help anyone else out..you lurkers lol...I faxed in my business card, a letter of reference (on their company letterhead), and my ID.....and I faxed a personal contract on company letterhead.

So Mac here I come!

we sent in the same stuff on the same day and got our cards a day apart enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
we sent in the same stuff on the same day and got our cards a day apart enjoy!

Yep, I was always checking on the site to see if you got your card because I knew mine couldn't be far behind
th_DANCE.gif

BeautyByLele

CONGRATS to you guys I guess I will wait to and see what happens with the info I sent and go from there. Maybe there is a "difference" between the NY office and the Canada office.. I dunno !!!!!!!!!!!

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
CONGRATS to you guys I guess I will wait to and see what happens with the info I sent and go from there. Maybe there is a "difference" between the NY office and the Canada office.. I dunno !!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck keep us posted!

DaniCakes

I have the Pro belt and believe me, it isn't the easiest thing to use. The strap is short so you have to wear it around your waist, unless you get it altered. I end up taking it off and leaning it on the wall because it makes me bend in a really awkward way to see the brushes. You can buy a mini easel and sit it on a countertop or table for more comfortability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
Can someone help me find the brush belt does anyone know where it is off hand on the pro site. I think thats the first thing going in my order I need it. It will keep my brushes so organized for when Im doing makeup instead of having my brushes scattered out.

I don't know if anyone knows this, but if you order more than $150.00 on the Mac Pro website, you get free shipping and they don't charge any taxes....Needless to say I will be doing most of my shopping online to save money on taxes cause in my state taxes are set at 9%
thmbdn.gif

Melxo

Can someone who holds the MAC Pro card buy student kits?

or do you NEED to be a MAC Pro student?

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihearmakeup33
I don't know if anyone knows this, but if you order more than $150.00 on the Mac Pro website, you get free shipping and they don't charge any taxes....Needless to say I will be doing most of my shopping online to save money on taxes cause in my state taxes are set at 9%
thmbdn.gif

umm the taxes vary by state...cuz i get charged every time regardless if i go over $150

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melxo
Can someone who holds the MAC Pro card buy student kits?

or do you NEED to be a MAC Pro student?

I think the school you go to has something to do with getting a mac student kit...i believe there is a list online

Latest posts