MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

SurfStar16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mern
Wow~! Congrats that was super fast! Did you fax it?

Yup! sure did.. Now I am impatiently awaiting the mail man every day.. when is it going to get here??!! Hopefuly before i leave for Japan. Ahh! Does anyone know what the pro discount is in Tokyo??

SurfStar16

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadorepretty
Congratulations! It took about 1 week exactly for my card to arrive in the mail.

Yayyy hopefully I will get mine on Wednesday then!
th_DANCE.gif

jess2302

Hey guys! I am a freelance makeup artist I have done a few fashion shows for this boutique and on weekends I do makeup at the boutique for customers by appointment. I also do bridal, proms etc. I haven't localized with a photographer yet but I am working on it. I wanted to know what can I possibly send in as all credentials mentioned I do not have.? The only thing I have are business cards the boutique owner/manager is willing to write a letter but I'm not sure if it is accepted. What can I do?
smiles.gif

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2302
Hey guys! I am a freelance makeup artist I have done a few fashion shows for this boutique and on weekends I do makeup at the boutique for customers by appointment. I also do bridal, proms etc. I haven't localized with a photographer yet but I am working on it. I wanted to know what can I possibly send in as all credentials mentioned I do not have.? The only thing I have are business cards the boutique owner/manager is willing to write a letter but I'm not sure if it is accepted. What can I do?
smiles.gif

Send in your business card letter of recomendation along with photo id application and fee as long as your legit you should be approved I was!

jess2302

awesome thanks hun!
smiles.gif
i hope i get approved! soon I will be working with a photographer who is working on their portfolio and agreed to help me with mine! so I can't wait!

lupita18243

Hello everyone! I am a freelance makeup artist and I faxed in my application two days ago to the 905 number. I tried calling to ask if my fax was received but I was told they don't receive faxes so I didn't get to talk to anyone. I tried calling again and that person told me the same thing. Does that mean it wasn't received? Should I just mail it in?
th_dunno.gif

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupita18243
Hello everyone! I am a freelance makeup artist and I faxed in my application two days ago to the 905 number. I tried calling to ask if my fax was received but I was told they don't receive faxes so I didn't get to talk to anyone. I tried calling again and that person told me the same thing. Does that mean it wasn't received? Should I just mail it in?
th_dunno.gif

They just want to hassle you I couldnt give them the time to talk I just would spit out everything at oce I would be like hi I wanted to do a follow up on my application I faxed in on this day to this number they would tell me well we dont accept faxes I would say well its on your old application I downloaded a new application but figured I could still use the old one didnt want to tell them I got the fax number of specktra then they would forward me onto the fax department after my first call when I would have to keep following up I would just ask to speak to the fax department.

lupita18243

Thank you very much for responding!!!! I trully appreciate it!
winkiss.gif
I did tell them I got the number from an old application and they said it was no longer accepted.
ssad.gif
Maybe I should try and just ask to be transferred to the fax department! Do you know if they're open for calls on Saturdays?

pixie*72

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie*72
Alrighty! I contacted 2 clients and they are emailing me letters of reference, I also worked on my letterhead and made a flyer---and contacted a few local places to hand it out.
So, I'll be sending:
2 letters of reference
business card
flyer
contract
application
copy of ID

I hope it's enough this time! It is really frustrating to read this thread about them accepting a business card and a contract that can easily be faked. kwim?
How else is an independent freelancer supposed to get in? Plus we're paying them!

I was denied AGAIN! I'm in shock here. They said personal letters, "homemade" flyers and business cards (what?!) and makeup service contracts are NOT accepted.
I'm calling them tomorrow.

dnelson

Quote:
Thank you very much for responding!!!! I trully appreciate it!
winkiss.gif
I did tell them I got the number from an old application and they said it was no longer accepted.
ssad.gif
Maybe I should try and just ask to be transferred to the fax department! Do you know if they're open for calls on Saturdays?

they told me the same thing so i called back the next day and just said, hi i wanted to verify a fax i sent went through, if you could please transfer me.

and btw I GOT MY CARD. WHOO HOO!! apparently it has been sitting at my dad's house for awhile(i just moved so didn't want it to go to the old address) and he didnt' feel the need to tell me. But anyway, YAY.

dnelson

Quote:
I was denied AGAIN! I'm in shock here. They said personal letters, "homemade" flyers and business cards (what?!) and makeup service contracts are NOT accepted.

Thats weird... I sent in a business card and got accepted. What the heck are you supposed to send if none of that is acceptable???

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:

Hmm thats weird I sent in business cards my flyers werent home made they were professionally printed along with my business cards I sent my contract on company letter head just as more proof I was legit along with 2 refferance letters.

JaMi81

Sooo...I applied for my Pro card and hopefully I'll get it before I leave to go out of town. I have a wedding to do in the Bahamas and I need to pick up a few items. I hate waiting!!!

MissMac27

Ok, so i've been lurking around but I've had so much trouble with MAC pro and the fact that I faxed in my application I decided to post here for help. I know other people have had this problem with mac saying they dont accept applications through fax anymore but I have talked to like 5 different people and they all tell me that even if they got my application through fax they wouldnt accept it. I've asked to speak to the fax department also and that doesn't help either. Any advice?

lupita18243

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMac27
Ok, so i've been lurking around but I've had so much trouble with MAC pro and the fact that I faxed in my application I decided to post here for help. I know other people have had this problem with mac saying they dont accept applications through fax anymore but I have talked to like 5 different people and they all tell me that even if they got my application through fax they wouldnt accept it. I've asked to speak to the fax department also and that doesn't help either. Any advice?

Hello, if you have read my previous posts I had the same problem! I would call and they would say they didn't except faxes. So what I did was I waited a couple of days and I kept checking if the money was deducted and then it was!! So I didn't even talk to anyone! So my advice is wait like a week and if youre still not charged or contacted then fax it again. Trust me they receive them cause then why would I get charged? They just don't want everyone to start faxing because it's harder to know if they're legit. Oh and they receive faxes in b&w, atleast that's what my fax machine said when I faxed it in color, so that doesn't help them either. Hope that helps! Good luck!!!

MissMac27

Thanks so much! That is what I was hoping they would do was just to take the money out of my account. It is so aggravating cause they wouldn't even tell me if they got the fax at all. I'll wait a few more days and then if nothing ill fax it again. Thanks again!

Quote:
Hello, if you have read my previous posts I had the same problem! I would call and they would say they didn't except faxes. So what I did was I waited a couple of days and I kept checking if the money was deducted and then it was!! So I didn't even talk to anyone! So my advice is wait like a week and if youre still not charged or contacted then fax it again. Trust me they receive them cause then why would I get charged? They just don't want everyone to start faxing because it's harder to know if they're legit. Oh and they receive faxes in b&w, atleast that's what my fax machine said when I faxed it in color, so that doesn't help them either. Hope that helps! Good luck!!!

Thanks, I called and was getting the same too, Im hoping that they just charge my card too!
I originally sent in the paperwork to the new york office but it got returned by the post office.

Latest posts